BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Some notes on Illusions IV

Question

1. Here are a couple non-illusion images of the Face on Mars (note that these weren't available for something like 20 or 30 years after the original was taken):

(Click to see pages with bigger versions.)

2006-0921mars.thumbnail.jpgS_010528.jpg

2. In the colored "X" picture, there are 3 colors: red, green, white. "White" is a mixture of wavelengths just as much as red and green usually are. It is possible to have single-wavelength red or green (such as in a laser), where white cannot be less than 2 distinct wavelengths (yellow + blue, red + cyan, or anything in the middle), but in everyday life neither red nor green are single-wavelengths. On that note, there are 3 different colors when viewed from afar (because the light mixes to appear as different colors): light green, pink, and a goofy brown-ish color.

3. Here are the faces I saw in the 11 faces illusion. I count 17. The yellow face on the upper-right, the green face in the upper-middle and the blue face just right of the green face are not meant to be seen (that is, I saw them, but they weren't an intended part of the illusion). That leaves 11 hidden faces and 3 obvious faces (the man and two horses). I'll put the original here too so you can look back and forth--my markings probably make it hard to see what I was looking at. What's funny is that some of the less obvious ones popped out most readily.

11faces.jpg

post-215-1178733675_thumbjpg

20 answers to this question

I see 2 more than that lol just to the right of the right eye of the big face in the bottom centre there are two very small eyes and i can see a mouth below. Also the small yellow face in the top right to the right of it and a tiny bit below i see a moustache as part of a face??? anyone else???

Then there are people like me who can only see about 6 or 7 due to limited color vision. I see the primary colors, but loose about 50% of the spectrum 'between' the primary colors. So for me there is no pink, purples, green,...... But you know some how I survive as long as there is a stop sign at every red single flashing light.

Thanks for marking them all so I could see them. The artist is amazing.

This is my original sitings, I saw 16 - I didn't count the so called 'obvious' faces,the man and two horses. Ive realized that there is lots more-I'll post them.

post-10548-1221712600_thumbjpg

post-10548-1221713067_thumbjpg

Edited by blah blah

I see 2 more than that lol just to the right of the right eye of the big face in the bottom centre there are two very small eyes and i can see a mouth below. Also the small yellow face in the top right to the right of it and a tiny bit below i see a moustache as part of a face??? anyone else???

i saw those and also (i dont know if you said this :P ) but in the bottom right corner just to the left of the mouth of the red face there are two small eyes and it looks like the mouth is frowning! both of us might have to just chill for a second though cuz i dont know if these faces are supposed to be there... :blush::blink:

I saw a lot of little, tiny faces within the other faces not counting the horses and stuff. The Mars face looks like a person pressing their face up against plastic wrap that is pulled tight.

it also looks like when Harry Potter was in the restriced section of the library and opened a book :o

This is my original sitings, I saw 16 - I didn't count the so called 'obvious' faces,the man and two horses. Ive realized that there is lots more-I'll post them.

look at the waterfall there is one there also

i count 18 now should i be really worried lol

Actually there are 11 mental beings at the above picture. This means 11 real men (no women). I found them the first time I looked, I'll post them tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find all those men again, but I found a rabbit and some other animals. I know that I needed to look for faces, but some of the creatures' faces are not visible.

Actually in half-abstract pictures like this you can see everything you want.

Edited by Ianis G. Vasilev