BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

1 - One or two puzzles seem to have a wide variety of answers; some are a little off target and therefore appearing to iritate/agitate people. Perhaps the chance to rate a reply woluld give oppurtunity to vote without leaving distasteful or uninteresting comments. It would suit me, can't speak for others though.

NB I do like the discussions that follow some replies, but posting a 'well done' or 'good answer' is a bit cheezey - rating/voting answers seems better

2 - it may be an idea to remove some of the answers - spoilers (not replies) to the older questions, as a new vistor I was impressed with the forum allowing replies/posts and new topics, but thought it lacked something due to easily available answers. One reason I prefer to stay here is because of the 'forum' as opposed to finding interesting riddles and looking at answers. Again one mans opinion.

6 answers to this question

1. no rating of answers possible ... pm me on distastful answers

2. answers in spoilers are good ... I don't see your point

1. Shame, I think it would be good - Oh well...moving on to two too!

2. Yes good for replies, no better way at the moment,

Perhaps my point is that the topic starter putting in the answer at the begining makes it all to easy for people to imiate - it just leads to a lot of posts (replies) - see ball in a hole and similar over subscribed topics, i like to view new posts for new information, but it seems that I am viewing the same old thing (only my opinion at the moment)... one of the pinned rules is that a topic that is answered and long over should not be redone - I presume reinventing is ok.... well that's my 2 cents if it makes sense too?

I agree with LIS about # 2. yes, I have not posted a lot, but I love reading these things and then asking my friends to figure out different riddles. With the ball in the hole riddle, there were 54 pages of replies and probably 32 of them had the same correct answer, over and over again. ( maybe more).

I agree with LIS about # 2. yes, I have not posted a lot, but I love reading these things and then asking my friends to figure out different riddles. With the ball in the hole riddle, there were 54 pages of replies and probably 32 of them had the same correct answer, over and over again. ( maybe more).

I have closed 3 topics (including the one you mentioned)

1 - One or two puzzles seem to have a wide variety of answers; some are a little off target and therefore appearing to iritate/agitate people. Perhaps the chance to rate a reply woluld give oppurtunity to vote without leaving distasteful or uninteresting comments. It would suit me, can't speak for others though.

NB I do like the discussions that follow some replies, but posting a 'well done' or 'good answer' is a bit cheezey - rating/voting answers seems better

You can rate each post now. Check the plus sign and minus sign in the bottom right corner of each post. Such positive/negative points contribute to overall Reputation of the rated member.