BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Zodiac Sign Challenge

rocdocmac

Question

12 answers to this question

17 hours ago, mtngoat said:
  Hide contents

Red Aquarius, Green Scorpio, Blue Virgo, Purple Sagittarius, Yellow Capricorn.  Not really feeling this is right, but best I can come up with at the moment.

You've got all of them correct! Kindly tell all Braindenners how you managed that. My explanation to follow after that (if necessary).

Spoiler

Once I realized the sequences continued around corners, I recognized long sequences repeated over & over. I found one that matched the sequence coming from a blank, and looked to see what came immediately before it.  Actually, I rewrote the graph first, substituting numbers for the symbols to make it easier to recognize patterns.  I'm a numbers person.

Interested in hearing your explanation, though. I learn by seeing from others' perspective.

Edited by mtngoat

Spoiler

There is a sequence of 24 symbols (each zodiac sign appearing twice, but in a different order), starting with the Leo in the bottom-right corner and spiraling anti-clockwise towards the center (Virgo in the last position). The sequence is repeated five times after the initial one (in light green).

blob.png.030bf1a1a860ba239764cf83387b1f15.png

Edited by rocdocmac
Moved to spoiler