BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Interjection sequence

rocdocmac

Question

Spoiler

In the first instance (E I S H 5), 4 letters plus one numeral occur in the sequence. No pronunciation involved.

In the second case (T M O CH 0), "CH" is not a pronunciation, but merely a representation of the digraph "ch". Three  letters, one digraph and one numeral involved.

I called the original OP an interjection sequence since the word "eish" (pronounced "aysh") incidentally appears in the sequence. It has nothing to do with the solution, however! You can google its meaning.

Edited by rocdocmac
part moved to spoiler

On 4/24/2019 at 7:59 AM, CaptainEd said:

Another derailed train of thought:

Hide contents

Equilateral, Isosceles, Scalene, Hyperbolic(?), 5-dimensional (???)

I like this fresh approach Ed, but there is actually a very, very simple explanation!

14 hours ago, flamebirde said:
  Hide contents

something to do with unicode maybe? it can't have to do with the order of the letters of the alphabet... I have a feeling my mind is too burnt out on organic chemistry to puzzle this one out.

Not the order, correct.

4 hours ago, Thalia said:

Seems pretty obscure. Gave up and found it using Google. But on the other hand, 

Hide contents

You may have just inspired me to learn more of the "language" beyond S and O. So thanks for that.

I can clearly see that you've got it!

On 4/30/2019 at 2:26 AM, Thalia said:

You figured it "ou"? :P Lol. Just caught on to Captain Ed's hint. Was wondering why that wording was nagging at me... If you didn't get it, I was going to recommend listening to the song Message in a Bottle. That ending aught to do it. 

... and as the title of one of ABBA's songs too!

Edited by rocdocmac