BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Shovel

rookie1ja

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Of course that's the solution. The matchstick in the top right was moved to the bottom left, and the horizontal matchstick was shifted to the left a little.

• 2 weeks later...
how about the simpler way to just move the bottom two to the top so that the handle is above the dust?

the dust is still on the shovel in that case =P

and rookie1ja's answer isn't cheating. he left the top left and bottom matchsticks in the same places, shifted the middle one to the left, and moved the top right one to the bottom left.

• 3 weeks later...

move the middle stick half towards left or right till its end touches the handle stick then take the stick which is seperated and keet it parallal to the stick and touche the base

Its easy move the center stick to the right so that the current right match stick becomes the stem. Move the original left match stick to the bottom parallel to the original stem. The bowl would be inverted. The dust will to the top left of the new stem.

|

| |

• 4 weeks later...

well its simple! my dad showed me this!! u take the top right stick and move it to the far bottom left. then u move the stick in top of the hadle, slightly to the left! DUH!!!

Cool, but if it were so simple, one has to wonder why your dad had to show you.

well its simple! my dad showed me this!! u take the top right stick and move it to the far bottom left. then u move the stick in top of the hadle, slightly to the left! DUH!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Simple.

Just move the horizontal one half way to the right (or left if you prefer). Then the match that stays alone, put it pointing down at the other end of the horizontal one. The you have the same shovel and the dust outside.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's correct, not cheating. The upper left and handle stay in the same place, and the upper right shifts lower left while the middle slides 1/2 matchstick length left.

• 3 weeks later...

ok pity the attachment is confusing but this is actually so easy-my dad gave it to me to solve when i was around 9. move the horizonal stick to the right and then move the top left sick down to the bottom right.

as a result the top right stick becomes the new stem of the shovel.

This really is simple -- you just move the horizontal stick up to the top, and then move the shovel handle stick up on top of it. Voila -- the shovel is upside down, and the dust falls out!

The drawing below is the best I could do with this word processor.

__ _l_

l__l l l l l

l l