BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

I’m not a gardener

plasmid

Question

8 hours ago, Molly Mae said:

Hide contents

A belt?

I like the double meaning that would give to the clue about adulating when not dispensing slight. But alas, I can't say that was planned. Looking for something with a clearer interpretation of being "oddly even" in light of the 14 clue, and another very related thing with a clear role in invoking good luck.
Maybe I shouldn't have used the word "band" in the first line; something like "gang" would work just as well without having connotations of a loop.

None of the above, I’m afraid. A barrel (particularly if it’s a wine barrel) could fit most of the clues except for the oddly even adulating when not dispensing slight, and for wine I would have called the roses red and white instead of pink and white while for this riddle it definitely should be pink and white. I can say that thirteen is not involved in this riddle; the oddly even among the 14 is among a natural group of 14. And a bringer of good luck is involved, but I’m looking for something that can do everything from grow the pink and white roses, adulate or dispense slight, and fit the last two lines.

ooh, nice one Cyget.  Spoiler for some additional thoughts:

Spoiler

Perhaps the oddly adulating could be thumbs up and dispensing slight could be thumbs down (or the bird if not referring to the same finger).  Woven invoking serendipity = fingers crossed?  But am also having trouble with the last couplet - maybe the ok sign?  Still think fingers could very well be it.