BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

16 answers to this question

I'm out of town on business, so my usual weekend catharsis of brain replenishment (via drinking some beer or something) is not happening. Therefore my guess is worse than usual - I guess appetite.

Well, here's the answer. I admit that I made this one with more fun than logic in mind. This one was really tough, but I was hoping for the off chance that someone's mind worked as strangely as mine does. ;)

a weak spot

Can you please explain? I get your inference on the dragon, but then you lost me.

Can you please explain? I get your inference on the dragon, but then you lost me.

Sure, keep in mind that it really more of a fun challenge than a logical one.

Every dragon has one

It's a common saying that every dragon has a weak spot. How else would anyone be able to slay them?

An adult's weight held by a child

Picture yourself at the gym doing presses with a frail little kid spotting you. That's a weak spot you've got.

Man's best friend lacking courage

A common name for a dog is Spot. Saying Spot can usually evoke someone to think of a dog given the proper context.

When only water is sufficient

If you can get a stain out of your shirt with just water, then it must have been a weak spot.

Since this was such an oddball riddle, I didn't want people to think too long and hard about it ;)

Every dragon has one

It's a common saying that every dragon has a weak spot. How else would anyone be able to slay them?

Picture yourself at the gym doing presses with a frail little kid spotting you. That's a weak spot you've got.

A common name for a dog is Spot. Saying Spot can usually evoke someone to think of a dog given the proper context.

If you can get a stain out of your shirt with just water, then it must have been a weak spot.

Since this was such an oddball riddle, I didn't want people to think too long and hard about it ;)

Heh heh. I immediately thought of "a weakness" after the first line, but I was missing the key word to tie it all together. It was hard, but I like it.

Every dragon has one

At the risk of being called picky again, I'll say

Stretchinggggggggggggggg

a bit

so far it seems it won't have elastic properties anymore

i appreciate that you explained it - still wating for more detail on the Homer siren thing.

ONLY water is sufficient - does not work,

Gym - watched/seen by a child - don't get that either

Anyway as always it's fun to see responses and most of all the imagination that the topic inspires, shame it for me that i can't say it's tangentially there.

At the risk of being called picky again, I'll say

Stretchinggggggggggggggg

a bit

so far it seems it won't have elastic properties anymore

i appreciate that you explained it - still wating for more detail on the Homer siren thing.

ONLY water is sufficient - does not work,

Gym - watched/seen by a child - don't get that either

Anyway as always it's fun to see responses and most of all the imagination that the topic inspires, shame it for me that i can't say it's tangentially there.

OK, I'll start with gym question. When someone is helping you lift weights they are called a 'spot'. 'Can you spot me while I lift these weights?' So, if the spot is a little kid, then he would be a weak spot. And not much help if you're lifting a lot.

For the stain question, if only water is sufficient to remove a stain, then it wouldn't be much of a stain, like a grass stain on your pants. Say you spilled some soda on your shirt, which would make a spot, then you put your shirt under a running faucet to remove the spot. That's a pretty weak spot because you didn't need soap or something abrasive to remove it.

For the Siren one:

Come to me and I bring death

come to the mythical siren and thy will try to (and usually, except for Odysseus) kill you

Await me and I bring life

You wait for an ambulance siren or any life support siren. Just stay where are; don't move and make your injury worse. And you will hear the siren coming closer and closer bringing you (hopefully) the means to keep your life.