BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Westworld Mafia

araver

Since Aura 2.0 knows Aura 1.0's role, should 1.0's role be revealed to all for balance? Especially if 2.0 is replacing a baddie or indy who just got a free claim.

3 hours ago, flamebirde said:

Well, this is interesting at least. Nana's claimed one of two roles, keeping herself from the RID but still somewhat clearing herself. We won't know if the Indy acted, but I wasn't blocked, so we know the Indy didn't act on me (or at least I know that; you guys have to trust me here). 

My bet is that the baddie is either Nana, Bona or Plas. Whoever it was had to be active and had to know that Aura is experienced/otherwise a good target. It's unlikely that it would be random, in my opinion.

I'll vote Bona for now, just to get some conversation going.

By by the way, is there any reason you said "Never vote for the person who's voting for you" and then immediately did just that? :P

Of course, we could have gotten ridiculously lucky and Aura was the Indy. But that's obviously pretty unlikely.

Lesson 5: Goodies vote our suspicions and don't care how it looks.

5 hours ago, nana77 said:

Since Aura 2.0 knows Aura 1.0's role, should 1.0's role be revealed to all for balance? Especially if 2.0 is replacing a baddie or indy who just got a free claim.

IMHO, it shouldn't. I agree that it looks as if one player has a bit of extra info, but outing the N1 kill would disrupt much more in balance.

But Aura is a mature enough player, if she absolutely feels like it, she can tell you herself ;)

2 hours ago, araver said:

IMHO, it shouldn't. I agree that it looks as if one player has a bit of extra info, but outing the N1 kill would disrupt much more in balance.

Maybe it's bad to make inferences from this, but that makes it sound like Aura isn't indy.

Edit: it also makes it sound like Aura 1.0 probably wasn't Hector.

Edited by gavinksong

Host: araver

1. gavinksong - voting for bonanova
2. Flamebirde - voting for Aura 2.0
3. Nana77 - voting for plasmid
4. plasmid - voting for Aura 2.0
5. Aura 2.0 
6. bonanova - voting for Aura 2.0

7. aura - Killed N1 by Dr. Robert Ford

Reposting roster with whole information (i.e. incl. dead).

Regarding your issues with the replacement/reveal, I hear you, but you have to trust the host on this. After all, this is what you signed up for ;) 

And no, I did not hint at all at her (previous or actual) role. That is, you may infer what you want, just don't pin it on the host. e.g. invulnerability N1 for the Indy is in the OP (original post) along with the rules.

Edited by araver

59 minutes ago, gavinksong said:

On the other hand, I would really like to hear from bonanova.

Well other than the reference to my color, it's so early in the game I don't know what else to allude to.

That said, there are so many goodies, it seems likely one of us will swing tomorrow morning. Sad.

1. gavinksong - voting for bonanova
2. Flamebirde - voting for bonanova
3. Nana77 - voting for plasmid
4. plasmid - voting for Aura 2.0
5. Aura 2.0 
6. bonanova - voting for Aura 2.0

A little under 7 hours remaining.

13 hours ago, bonanova said:

Well other than the reference to my color, it's so early in the game I don't know what else to allude to.

That said, there are so many goodies, it seems likely one of us will swing tomorrow morning. Sad.

Considering that the only role with a color in its Role Description is the Man in Black, you might want to try another hint.

Day 1: "Deja vu?"

The revival was short. Back to the drawing board.

tl;dr version:

* Aura 2.0 was lynched as Man in Black

1. Gavinksong
2. Flamebirde
3. Nana77
4. plasmid
6. bonanova

5.  Aura 2.0 (phil1882) - Lynched D1 as Man in Black

Night 2 ends in 48 hours, 9AM EDT on Saturday.

6 hours ago, bonanova said:

So ... if Dolores or Hector is still around ... then ... grab the gun and get it done?

Gav and I have claimed goodie roles. I don't know what (1 of 2 roles) Nana has claimed.

Flame and plas: just need one of you to claim and it's done. Wow.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Nana's claim defaults to Clementine since I claimed Maeve.

Since you've claimed Teddy, Plasmid must claim Hector.

I think Flamebirde is in the clear, both because of his behavior and since Aura 1.0 probably wasn't Dolores (she forgot about Dolores' block in her jab at plasmid).

Also, hopefully, I'm mostly in the clear for claiming first.

plasmid will be cleared if Hector acts tonight, although it could be a bit confusing if Hector and the baddie choose the same target.

Therefore, I'm going to role spy Nana and ask Flamebirde to save me. I suggest Hector target bonanova since Teddy is a non-factor. Also, if Nana is Clementine she should hold off on using her save since we can't afford to potentially lose three goodie votes for tomorrow.

As long as Flamebirde and I are telling the truth, that should net us a goodie win.

Actually, we would win even if Flamebirde was the baddie as long as Nana holds off on her save. I guess you guys mainly just have to trust me.

Just to be clear, here's my analysis of how my strategy might play out.

However, this is all assuming everyone believes that I am who I say I am.

Spoiler

If Nana is the baddie:
  - I will know, and we can win 2 v 1 standoff.

If bonanova is the baddie:
  - He gets killed by Hector.

If plasmid is the baddie:
  - bonanova NK: Nana is cleared. Gavin and Nana vs Flamebirde vs plasmid (see below).
  - other NK: plasmid cover blown. We win 3 v 1 standoff.

If Flamebirde is the baddie:
  - gavin NK: Flamebirde cover blown. We win 2 v 1 standoff.
  - bonanova NK: Gavin and Nana vs Flamebirde vs plasmid (see below).
  - Nana NK: plasmid is cleared. We win 2 v 1 standoff.
  - plasmid NK: Nana is cleared. We win 2 v 1 standoff.

me and Nana vs Flamebirde vs plasmid:
 - Unclear in this situation whether baddie is Flamebirde or plasmid.
  - Lynch Flamebirde. If Flamebirde is baddie, we win. If Flamebirde is Dolores, she can save herself. We can win 2 v 1 standoff against plasmid the next day.

1 hour ago, plasmid said:

@bonanovaYour block can come in handy after all... you get to prove your claim by blocking me tonight or else end up full of lead.

I guess that's true. I initially thought this would allow a baddie plasmid to claim that he was blocked, NK Nana, and then blame Flamebirde. But I guess in that case we can just lynch Flamebirde and see if he saves himself.

Your analysis left out the scenario in which you are baddie.

It is also not clear how my being nk would clear Plas or implicate Flame. It would clear Bona though if he survived. And would be 3vs1. Every scenario that does not end tonight is 3 vs 1. 2 vs 1 requires 2 goodie deaths and that can not happen with the plan as given. I also do not see how anything blows Plas cover.

Bona can be cleared by surviving. I can be cleared by being spied. Flame can be cleared by successful save of nk. Gavin and Plas can not be cleared (other than by baddie being killed and game ending).

Odds are Bona or me die tonight and the three others will be the suspects.