BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Forgotten District II Mafia

araver

8 minutes ago, flamebirde said:

No, actually the goodies just lost. My reaction to Bonanova's flash vote was a mistake; I thought Panther was a goodie...

Haha, so I am up against the Indy and Baddie.  Maybe you two will kill each other.  Unless you're a goodie with a role that just doesn't help in this situation (not the Mayor or the Baker).

8 minutes ago, flamebirde said:

No, actually the goodies just lost. My reaction to Bonanova's flash vote was a mistake; I thought Panther was a goodie...

Haha, so I am up against the Indy and Baddie.  Maybe you two will kill each other.  Unless you're a goodie with a role that just doesn't help in this situation (not the Mayor or the Baker).

2 hours ago, Molly Mae said:

If Panther was the Indy, there's still a small chance the goodies can win.  You're basically just claiming Mick now, huh?

Or you are. :ph34r:

You freely talked about using Clark's powers (the other Clark, not Kent).
Now you're happy to be thought of as a goodie.

Anything but the truth?

4 hours ago, flamebirde said:

No, actually the goodies just lost.

Well played, Bonanova.

Thanks, but let's not count our chickens just yet. ;)

Whoever you are, are posing to be or not to be, you claim, and want us to believe, the goodies have lost?

From your evident sadness I'm leaning toward your being a goodie. If you can't win, no matter what, then ... you would lose nothing by ... venturing a guess as to who you think will win.

Care to share? Or are we still being conned? :ph34r:

1 hour ago, bonanova said:

Thanks, but let's not count our chickens just yet. ;)

Whoever you are, are posing to be or not to be, you claim, and want us to believe, the goodies have lost?

From your evident sadness I'm leaning toward your being a goodie. If you can't win, no matter what, then ... you would lose nothing by ... venturing a guess as to who you think will win.

Care to share? Or are we still being conned? :ph34r:

It's clear enough who you are. Not really much of a surprise there... but I still have a shot at this. Let's make a deal- I won't RID kill you tonight, and you won't kill me tonight, which would result in a goodie win. Or, you don't kill tonight, I don't kill tonight, then tomorrow we lynch Molly and then kill each other the next night, resulting with a tie Indy and baddie win. 

On 4/5/2017 at 11:08 AM, Molly Mae said:

1. The Cop.  Second would be The Mayor or Doctor, depending on how the game goes.
2. Tough choice.  Mick can kill, but has to last to the bitter end.  Clark can only kill once (potentially), but only needs three people gone.  Important: Neither can win while the other lives.  

Early on, I'd say Clark is more dangerous, since he could win at the end of N1 at the earliest (if everyone used their kills and happened to get all of his targets).  By my calculation, the earliest Mick could win is the end of D2.  

Question: who's the (1) most valuable goodie and (2) most dangerous baddie.
In his answer Molly gives us bonus intel: Baddies cannot tie.

@Flame: Think it through.

Wincons are clear: we're all playing for a win. Only two of us have a chance.

Night 3: Strike

City 17, forgotten district, once known as the "The Neighborhood"

~~~~~

TL;DR version

* Muscles visits Flamebirde
* Molly Mae gets an invite to the VIP card game

~~~~~

3. Molly Mae - trapped
7. bonanova

~~~~~

1. maurice - Lynched D2 as Goodie

2. Flamebirde - Killed N3 by the Baddies
5. MiKi - Lynched D2 as Goodie
6. Hirkala - Killed N1 by the Baddies
4. Panther - Killed N2 by the Baddies

Day 3: Crickets

~~~~~

TL;DR version

* Skipping D3 because no one is lynched

~~~~~

3. Molly Mae
7. bonanova

~~~~~

N4 ends Monday April 17th, 2AM EDT

Edited by araver

Night 4: ... with a Bang

~~~~~

TL;DR version

* Molly Mae the DJ turns Muscles against the Bona Loan Shark

Game over: Indy win.

~~~~~

3. Molly Mae

~~~~~

7. bonanova - Killed N3 by Clark the DJ

~~~~~

Notes: I hope you enjoyed the setting even if you did not win ;) I did get the feeling some of you enjoyed this by the number of questions invested :ph34r:

Roles:

Hide contents

1. maurice - The Cop
2. Flamebirde - The Mayor

3. Molly Mae - Clark - "The DJ"
4. Panther - The Doctor
5. MiKi - The Shopowner
6. Hirkala - The Baker

7. bonanova - Mick "The Loan Shark"

Actions:

Spoiler

N1:
1. maurice - The Cop - Role Spy Hirkala - is blocked
2. Flamebirde - The Mayor - N/A
3. Molly Mae - Clark - "The DJ" - No Action (intentional)
4. Panther - The Doctor - Save Panther - not needed
5. MiKi - The Shopowner - Block Maurice - success
6. Hirkala - The Baker - N/A (inactive)
7. bonanova - Mick "The Loan Shark" - Kill Hirkala - success

Comments: Bona decides to remove Hirk who has seemed inactive. Molly decides to play the inactive Indy.

D1:

No vote manip.

Comments: the day ends with no lynch though it seemed like it would go towards lynching the baddie D1.

N2:

1. maurice - The Cop - Target Spy Molly - Molly was not targeted
3. Molly Mae - Clark - "The DJ" - No Action (past-deadline)
4. Panther - The Doctor - Save Flamebirde - not needed
5. MiKi - The Shopowner - Block - no one
7. bonanova - Mick "The Loan Shark" - Kill Panther - success

Comments: The baddie decides to off one player, though not paying much attention to who could be the indy. Maurice tries to follow MollyMae then goes to see who targeted MM. Had Molly Mae acted, he would've been seen in the first case, not so much in the second.

D2:

Flame - self-vote x2

bonanova - no ODTG vote manip

Comments: This day went back-and-forth even before the last 3 votes of the day. Meddling with Mayor's vote would've probably gotten 2 goodies lynched for Bonanova, but he decided against it and Flame delivered it anyway. Molly remained hidden / camouflaged from most of the players PoV as far as I saw.

N3:

One indy + one baddie + one goodie.

Indy ODTG RID Kill is instantaneous, though I seem to have slipped mentioning that in the OP.

Multiple questions from MM and bonanova, I hope I haven't lead them astray by much...

- Molly finally decided not to pursue the RID Kill with 50/50 odds and instead to self-trap (only vulnerable if block was alive)

- Bona dropped Flame, though letting him live wouldn't have stopped a D3 lynch anyways, with the Indy safely trapped.

3. Molly Mae - Clark - "The DJ" - Trap self
7. bonanova - Mick "The Loan Shark" - Kill Flamebirde

D3 was skipped - 1 player was trapped.

N4 ... 2 outcomes: if Indy does  ODTG RID kill and game stops or indy misses/doesn't play & Baddie NKs.

Indeed the Indy's ODTG was powerful in the end-game, but that came from noone hindering him for the duration of N1/D1/N2/D2. As stated correctly in the game-thread, the Indy winning earlier in the game was the greatest threat.

And without much ado

Spoiler

Molly Mae gets MVP for this game.

Partially for winning, but mostly for playing the game thread & not using the trap so that no one actually considered him a suspect till N3.

Thank you all for playing :D

Hey-o!  I'm wondering who everybody thought I was claiming: The Baker or the Shopowner?  I kind of did both and I'm really glad it didn't come back to bite me.  

I didn't see a really good reason to trap anybody early.  I was hoping that a lack of a trap N1 would push people onto whoever was blocked, but that didn't end up happening.  N3, I almost RID killed Bonanova, but if Flame had been one of my targets, I would have lost.  Hence my day 2 role fishing, which is probably pretty obvious if you go back and read it.  I'm pretty sure Bonanova picked up on it.

@maurice_2.0 Did you drop an NWA hint?  Because you should have.  =P

I thought the indy was hiding by not acting but from mo's posts, I didn't think it was you. Well played. From mo's "Not cool Molly" and saying he was blocked, I thought he was saying he spied you as either the block or as targeting him.  Since I wasn't  playing this time, I probably wasn't following closely enough to pick up many claims besides fb's clear attempt for a tie. That said, there's so many things I've seen posted that don't make any more sense after the final post than they did before. Lionel Richie, Sunday mornings, bona's sister and Masada... Especially that last one... can anyone explain those to me?

Also wondering, I get emails from following this thread. Bona's posts seem to be edited a lot but there's no edited marking on the posts?

I took Molly's claim as shop owner and thought he blocked me when I used my ODTG. In retrospect, given the structure of the game that was too obvious of a hint.

Without looking at context, Lionel Ritchie + Sunday Mornings = Easy (or Commodores)

And for those interested there are a couple of games in sign-ups on Mafia maniac.  We are hoping to get more players on BD but it seems we have the same group... Which is cool.

@Thalia: Curse of the moderator is that his edits don't show, automatically.
Except, if you mouse over the time stamp.

I forget that, sometimes, especially if my edits are simply for typos or just clearer wording.
But if something substantive is changed, I do make a note of it.
Like my instant retraction of a knee-jerk post (D2?) that revealed waaaaay too much,
just before the results of the fateful Goodie Lynch (thanks, Flame) were posted.

Edit:
I also watched over the times of FB's lynch changes, and when Araver took his last on as valid
(it was) but commented that he didn't know about the edit that showed up on FB's last post,
i.e. whether the fateful change, not just the OP, met the deadline, I knew that it did. Since
Araver made the right call, I did not jump in (either the game thread or the BTSC) to confirm
it was the right decision. No need to., and the conversation itself might have become confusing.

Thalia, the links followed FB's offer of suicide pact to create a tie, which I declined, explaining ...

1. Link 1 that getting a tie is no more satisfying than Kissing your Sister.

2. Link 2 that the mass suicide of the Jews the night before the Romans breached
    their stronghold at Masada was heroic, perhaps, but still depressing.

I couldn't confirm or deny whether Flame's idea would work. But. while I was debating
it, I had the (incorrect) notion that Molly could be lynched, by either him or me.
So I opted for a coin toss, instead.

@Flame, was that a legitimate offer? :ph34r: Would it actually have worked?
Or just a ploy if you realized that my next move was pretty certain to NK you?

I was really confused when the RID kill did not come N4 or at least first thing D4.
@Molly, were you sleeping?
B))

@Araver, Kudos. Lots of possibilities, right up to the end.

@Molly Mae  It gave me a moment's hope that I was still alive and that you might have ACTUALLY wasted the RID earlier (not much chance) or that I had you pegged wrong (this late, not much chance of that, either.) BTW (as Araver noted, you were really left alone) I would have NK'd you N2 (instead of Panther) except for the fact that my wincon was to get EVERYONE killed, and I figured (a) you might be trapped or for another reason my NK of you might not go through and (b) Panther, being reasonably quiet and not accused/suspected would likely succeed, and I could not afford an unsuccessful N2 kill. So I chose Panther. Then I concentrated on scenarios for double and/or triple lynchings D2, and THEN finally it came to me (too late to do anything about it but hope) how well empowered you were for the end game. So I spewed out whatever smoke I could think of at the end. And I guess Flame did as well. Nicely played.

@maurice_2.0 You were tenacious. I still do not get all the comments between you and Molly (and the hearts icon threw me a bit), but at the first I had Molly as a goodie and you (or possibly MiKi) as Indy. Then it seemed Molly had to be Indy, but with doubts, because your comments with Molly didn't seem of the type that a goodie-non-goodie would have. The dream comment I half-believed, and it's commensurate with your immersion in the game. @MissKitten frankly was hard for me to read, seeming to be a little "too" flustered, for an expert player, about posting late. But then her "dreams don't lie" was (cute and) believable, and it fixed her as a goodie, and made you more likely a goodie as well. Flame then confirmed as Mayor with his vote switches (I had already figured out three multiple-lynch scenarios, so I was looking for them. Flame first set up a triple lynch that would have included me (spectacular) but (a) he posted it at 1:56 -- a little bit too early in the day. It allowed me to change, which as Molly pointed out I had promised to do, and then (b) Flame had to scramble under extreme time pressure, and it ended up double lynching you and MiKi. That took the guesswork out of what followed, but by then I think Molly had it sewed up.

I think in the end, as Araver noted, I should have tried, at least, to NK Molly N2. But that's hindsight. I went on a killing spree, and hoped for and got a multiply lynch, but then all of Indy's abilities came to light and I had to hope for a blunder that, of course, Molly was not going to make.

FWIW, I was going to attempt to queue up my RID Kill for "the Beginning of N4", but donno if Araver would have accepted that.  Instead, I just waited.

As for the back-and-forth with Maurice and I, we just tend to do stuff like that.  Sometimes I think we just banter about things regardless of what's going on in the game (especially at the beginning of the game).

@bonanova as Molly said we like to banter a bit... But I was looking for confirmation that he was good (the block) which is really not true.  I just believed it.  Because I really wanted to.

His claim was too obvious and if he caught mine, blocking me made no sense.  In the end, the heart icons got in the way (though I don't actually recall it going that far, lol)

6 hours ago, Thalia said:

So who were the 2 goodie targets for indy? 

Shopowner and Doctor.

4. Panther - The Doctor - Killed N2
5. MiKi - The Shopowner - Lynched D2

15 hours ago, bonanova said:

Edit:

I also watched over the times of FB's lynch changes, and when Araver took his last on as valid
(it was) but commented that he didn't know about the edit that showed up on FB's last post,
i.e. whether the fateful change, not just the OP, met the deadline, I knew that it did. Since
Araver made the right call, I did not jump in (either the game thread or the BTSC) to confirm
it was the right decision. No need to., and the conversation itself might have become confusing.

Thank you. It's very nice to know for sure how edits work.

I was a bit flustered on mobile that I didn't know how to call it when I saw it edited and had to wait awhile to get to a computer where I could be certain.

Man. I told Araver that there was a chance Molly was the Indy and just claimed shopowner to get the real shopowner to our, but I gave that like a five percent chance.

Overall, I messed up pretty badly. I felt sure that MiKi was the Indy; her outing would probably have lead to a Molly lynch... but to be honest, Molly completely played me. I was incredibly surprised when both MiKi and Mo flipped goodie, because I thought for sure that Molly was a goodie.

well played, all; sorry to the goodies who I failed, and congrats to both Bonanova and Molly for an incredibly well played game.

also, I'm still incredibly confused with this Lionel Richie nonsense.