BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Forgotten District II Mafia

araver

9 hours ago, araver said:

I was a bit flustered on mobile that I didn't know how to call it when I saw it edited and had to wait awhile to get to a computer where I could be certain.

@araver Just thinking, if there had been a (what, several hour maybe?) wait (like a videotape review of a sporting event play) to get to a non-mobile computer to make the call ...  That would have been a double-wow moment. :unsure: Hold on, almost ready, any moment now ... (we go to bed) ... and ... Bam, goodies are bye-bye.^_^

@flamebirde you should not feel too bad  ... you very reasonably expected your first vote switch would create the final roster. And (I think) it would have made a 2-2-1 triple lynch, no? If you had doubled your single vote? The fact is, I was waiting also to try for a double lynch, but your change just beat mine. So I did what I had to do just to save my skin. That you were able to make another change, after mine, and beat the deadline was heroic. The outcome was just bad luck for the goodies. And you're right in saying Molly was masterful.

@maurice_2.0 I got it that you and Molly were bantering as experienced masters of the game. And I still don't get JH or Easy. No matter. But it still created my (original) impression of both being goodies. For the two of you, I suppose, you would banter just because you could, regardless of faction, and both being confident of that, it didn't out Molly to you.

I feel so stupid in hindsight.... I actually thought MM was claiming cop due to his whole "you can follow the thread" comment... I saw the "owner" hints he made as well but since I was the shopowner, I ignored that and for some reason didn't realize that other people wouldn't come to the same conclusion. I thought Mo's whole "can i be owned?" was him asking Molly to spy him N1 and clear his name, or smth along those lines.... Idk, it's definitely not my proudest moment ^^ I was afraid to out myself later in the game due to the ODTG kill Clark had, but I regretted not blocking someone during N2 tbh.... 

I'm also still fairly confused about the Lionel Richie stuff haha

@flamebirde I'm an "expert" player in name only ^^" This is my first game in at least 3 or 4 years and I'm afraid I've lost many of the skills I'd developed back when I played avidly.

D1 I caught a claim from Molly as the shopowner - block.

I followed with a COP claim.

N1 I was blocked, I thought by Molly.  I said he must have not got my message though I got his.  He said he did if it was Easy, but not like Sunday Morning...this is from a Commodores song, led by Lionel Ritchie.  I said it was on the Lionel Ritchie tip, saying it was easy, if he thought he got it he did.

I told some of you that it was possible one of Molly and I were being played...I was :(

When he said he didn't act N2 after acting N1 I threw out a test of his claim, but I allowed him to snake away too easily.  When he said he didn't act I asked if he was Indy.  I had actually target spied him thinking I may catch the Indy, but wanted him to think I follow spied him.  He said he didn't.  I should have pressed him here. Or at least cut off our line of communication.

11 hours ago, maurice_2.0 said:

D1 I caught a claim from Molly as the shopowner - block.

I followed with a COP claim.

N1 I was blocked, I thought by Molly.  I said he must have not got my message though I got his.  He said he did if it was Easy, but not like Sunday Morning...this is from a Commodores song, led by Lionel Ritchie.  I said it was on the Lionel Ritchie tip, saying it was easy, if he thought he got it he did.

But why Lionel Ritchie? Are the Commodores significant, or was it just a random song? For a moment, I thought one of you was claiming indy because you mentioned songs, but then I was like "Why would anyone claim indy D1?"

Apparently part of becoming a good mafia player is knowing your music. :P

• 10 months later...