BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Forgotten District II Mafia

araver

Yeah, I guess so. I just saw trap>block in the OP so I assumed a bit. In terms of clearing a goodie, though, I'm not sure about that one. Blocking the spy is the worst case scenario. Blocking the vanilla does nothing, even after he gets his kill. Blocking the vote manip could potentially lose the game. And blocking the save is... almost always bad.

Bottom line, I'm not sure that the shopkeeper should ever act. The chances are that it would hinder the goodies more than it would help, especially not after last night, where I assume the block already knows who the Indy is.

I suppose those two possibilities still apply, but I'm thinking inactivity is unlikely, given that everyone's commented (except Hirk, but he got offed N1, so...). Purposeful misdirection? A possibility. If the block knows for a fact who the Indy is, it would be in our favor for the shopkeeper to out now.

I'm assuming Hirk is a Goodie, and I've got Flame and Molly as two others.

Suspect MiKi and maurice in some order as Baddie/Indie.
No idea about Panther, except by elimination.

Since MiKi was nice enough to start my lynch, I'll return the honor.
I'd like to hear what she has to say.

Roster:
1. maurice - voting for Bonanova
2. Flamebirde - voting for Bonanova
3. Molly Mae - voting for Flamebirde
4. Panther - voting for Bonanova
5. MiKi - voting for Bonanova
7. bonanova - voting for MiKi

6. Hirkala - Killed N1 by the Baddies

Edited by bonanova
rethought ans slightly reworded

@Molly Mae did you perhaps drop a subtle hint in an earlier post?

@bonanova What makes you think Molly and I are cleared?

Roster:

2. Flamebirde - voting for MiKi
3. Molly Mae - voting for Flamebirde
7. bonanova - voting for MiKi

For the moment, Bonanova's at least said something fairly constructive. I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt today and place pressure on someone else who hasn't said much at all.

23 minutes ago, flamebirde said:

@Molly Mae did you perhaps drop a subtle hint in an earlier post?

Of course.  A pretty easy hint, at that.

I'll assist with the pressure on MiKi.

Roster:

2. Flamebirde - voting for MiKi
3. Molly Mae - voting for MiKi
7. bonanova - voting for MiKi

54 minutes ago, flamebirde said:

@bonanova What makes you think Molly and I are cleared?

Not a lot, I admit. A feeling from the conversational flow. In fact, I'm as willing to clear maurice as I am to clear Molly. I guess those who try to clarify matters as much as possible seem to me to be more likely innocent. So that leaves no clue about Hirk, except if he was a baddie he'd more likely have killed someone than gotten killed. MiKi seemed to say the least, so I suspect her the most. Finally, I'm not getting the nuances going back and forth, at all.

Rest assured any nuance is due to things we've picked up in the course of the game through hints and/or actions.

They could be based on wrong assumptions, but when you pick up a nuance that confirms a read and they do in kind then the circle becomes tighter.  Problem is that one player could be playing the other.  I don't think either of us feel that way because the moves were not subtle and could be damning if caught and proven wrong.

Sorry for the inactivity! Yesterday was busy af irl haha

So either mo is the indy or the indy didn't act last night for misdirection.... Or Hirk was an inactive indy.. Those appear to be the 3 possibilities, yes?

It's amazing what a good night's sleep can do to help you notice things you missed the night before :ph34r: I managed to completely misread a portion of the OP, can you believe it? Was reading mo as indy but I have my doubts now.

@Panther care to chime in?

@araver Can Clark trap himself?

1 hour ago, MissKitten said:

Sorry for the inactivity! Yesterday was busy af irl haha

So either mo is the indy or the indy didn't act last night for misdirection.... Or Hirk was an inactive indy.. Those appear to be the 3 possibilities, yes?

It's amazing what a good night's sleep can do to help you notice things you missed the night before :ph34r: I managed to completely misread a portion of the OP, can you believe it? Was reading mo as indy but I have my doubts now.

@Panther care to chime in?

@araver Can Clark trap himself?

Hmm... there's also the possibility that mo is lying about being blocked, which could mean that someone else is the indy and got blocked last night. But I think that's pretty unlikely, and that's definitely not how I read the situation. Besides, I feel like someone else would have spoken up by now...

Not really sure where to go from here though...:huh:

Day 1: New Beginnings

City 17, forgotten district, once known as the "The Neighborhood"

~~~~~

The Doctor walked in front of the store, passing the old Bakery that had been turned into a Pawn Shop. The mood of the Main Street had become grimmer over the years. All the stores now had metal bars blocking entry, except for the Shopowner's grocery store. As he neared the store, he saw two guys on the opposite side of the street getting into a mini-van and driving away.

"Hiya", the Cop startled him. "Didn't see you there old friend.", the Doctor managed after catching his breath. The Cop took a long glance sizing the Doctor's grey clothes, sour mood, touches of gray and small wrinkles. "You here for some groceries, pal? Not anything shady is it?"

"Nah, man, I'm clean. Two years straight. How are you man?", answered the Doctor while extending his hand. He had known the Cop since kindergarden, though their adventure days stealing apples from the Shopowner's grandfather yard felt like another life. "I'm just here to get some supplies." he sighed. The effort of walking to the shop had finally caught up with him and he paused to catch his breath and steady himself.

"Where have you been hiding, pal? We don't get to see you ...", as a car rushed by. A sports car with music booming and windows closed. They both turned their heads and watched the Mayor's italian car speed past Main Street turning right on Second with a loud screech. "... since you came back." the Cop finished his sentence tilting his head.

"Yeah, life's been slow man. You know, putting things back together. I got a lease on a flat somewhere up on Second. I didn't ... I mean, you know me ... ". "Relax. There's no pressure. But do come by for dinner whenever you feel like it. You can meet Mary and the boys.", the Cop grabbed his shoulder and pulled him into an embrace. "It's been a while, but you're always welcome.". The Doctor nodded, speechless, emotion catching up in his throat, as the Cop tapped him twice on his back. "Don't be a stranger."

The Shopowner greeted them while opening the store front door. "Hiya boys. What can I get you? I have a new shipment of apples, fresh from yard ... ", he winked at the Doctor, but that only got a small tired smile of him. They both entered the store, the Doctor's shoulders straighter than before and the Cop sporting a friendly smile.

~~~~~

TL;DR version
* Tie lynch = no lynch

~~~~~

Roster:
1. maurice
2. Flamebirde
3. Molly Mae
4. Panther
5. MiKi
7. bonanova

6. Hirkala - Killed N1 by the Baddies

Also Night 2 will end 2AM EDT on Monday. (2 days from now).