BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Signups for Forgotten District II Mafia

araver

Forgotten District II Mafia

City 17, forgotten district, once known as the "The Neighborhood"
Six years after the previous events in Trainer's Manual Mafia IV
~~~~~
Checking his balance at the end of the day, the Loan Shark smiled to himself, "This is still a nice neighborhood to do business in."

"What's that Boss?", asked Muscle. "Nothing for you to worry about, Muscle, as always. Call Clark for me will ya?"

"Sure thing, Boss." said Muscle, opening the door and letting a gust of music slip inside. That music would one day be the death of him, sighed the Loan Shark. His hair was tinted white at his temples and he felt weary during a Saturday Night.
"Hey Boss!", Clark "the DJ" blasted through the door. "Close it please", Mick sighed. "Have you heard about the new Mayor?". "Yeah", Clark flexed his hands nervously," he's talking about restoring the Civil Guard and all!".

"About that, I need you to do something for me. Go mix during the day, talk to your former colleagues, lemme know if trouble is brewing."
"Sure thing, but, wait, you want me to do something about it?". "No, just report back to me.", he stood up and secured his briefcase. "And get the damn music lower one notch, it's making my head explode", he added before going to the safe.
"Boss, you know there are paying customers right now draining the bar and putting money in our pockets because of that music ... ", Clark responded as his Boss put the briefcase in the safe and walked back to his table. "Fine, close it earlier though, I need silence to ponder."
Clark grabbed the door handle, "I'll let the guys know to close after 2 tonight", as he went out.
~~~~~
Baddies (Mafia): Shady characters, trying to make an extra buck by circumventing the rules. Have BTSC and a group NightKill that needs to be carried by one living member. Each night can try to RID a player as the messenger and get a copy of the message if successful. WinCon: Removing those who oppose their business.
* Mick "The Loan Shark": He has made enough money offering unsecured loans to the nice people in the neighborhood. Wants to expand his business while maintaining a front cover business. Ability: Each day, can bribe his way into stopping a vote (Vote Manip - Can make one vote count x0).
* John - "The Muscle": Former linebacker, career terminated by a knee injury. Very good at getting loans back, not so good with strategy. Ability: Each night, can make someone dream of a better world. Literally. (Block)
* Clark - "The DJ": Local redneck that won the local club at a poker game a couple years ago. Runs the establishment as a front business for the Loan Shark. Ability: When spied, he appears as a random living Goodie.

Goodies (Innocents): Peaceful taxpayers trying to restore their clean neighborhood. WinCon: To get rid of the Baddies.

* The Doctor: Former Med student, did not finish his studies due to money problems and a recurring addiction. Knows enough to help a player survive minor injuries though. Ability: Can save a player each night. Can save self. Can save the same player in a row (Save)
* The Baker: Lost his bakery to the Loan Shark a while back and still sports a scar made by Muscles in a barfight when he refused to pay his loan. He has sworn to get revenge while ago, but after the fiasco a couple of years ago, his vengeance simmered. Ability: Each night can message a player via the host. The message can be intercepted by the Baddies if they RID him. (Messenger)
* The Cop: Lived in this neighborhood all his life, became a cop on an impulse, never looked back. Ability: Each night can stake out a player (Role Spy).
* The Shopowner: Still owns huge debts and his business barely covers the vig. Always looking for a clean way out of the mess he got himself into. Ability: Each night can block a player. (Block). If the Baker dies, opens his secret locket and gets a copy of all his messages.
* The Soldier: Settled back from his tours of duty a while ago, no longer finds enough happiness in just listening to birds singing. He longs for some action and may turn out to be hero after all. If the Cop dies, he gets to play the hero. Ability: No action (Vanilla). If the Cop dies, he gets a Kill.
* The Mayor: Just back in his hometown after inheriting her aunt's big mansion. Never forgot about his political ambitions. Ability: Can redirect a vote each day (Vote manip)
* The Postman: Knows much, says very little, tries to keep out of fights. Ability: Each night selects a player and will get a list of players that targeted X at night or just his name if no one acted on X (Reverse-Follow Spy)

Rules:

*NP shows Kills and Saves. DP shows lynched player's role, no indication on vote manipulation.
*Tie: D1 No lynch. D2+ All lynched.
*OOA: Block > Save > Kill > Spy > Day actions. Kills are not blocking.
*Blocks will count as successful if the block went through unstopped by another block. Daily actions can be blocked. Blocked players will be told so. Two blocks blocking each other = both fail.

Roster:

Roster:
1. maurice
2. Flamebirde
3. Molly Mae
7. bonanova

Roster:
1. maurice
2. Flamebirde
3. Molly Mae
7. bonanova

BTW I left this post doubled, rather then editing it, so Site Admin could look at it. :ph34r:

Roster:
1. maurice
2. Flamebirde
3. Molly Mae
6. Hirkala
7. bonanova

Roster:
1. maurice
2. Flamebirde
3. Molly Mae
6. Hirkala
7. bonanova

Mafia!!!  Been too long!

I don't know if I was supposed to leave it doubled, but I did.

Hi, everyone!

• Upvote 1

Roster:
1. maurice
2. Flamebirde
3. Molly Mae
4. Panther
6. Hirkala
7. bonanova

Psst, @araver, your pings didn't work, but Flame mentioned this thread, and so I saw it anyway. Think you have to type '@blah' and wait for it to suggest people, then click it.

Yo, everyone. 'sup? ;)

Edited by Panther

I'll be a backup for now. Haven't been checking the site as much lately. Don't want to forget when it starts and have people coming after me... 

On a different note, where are all the girls? MiKi, Shadow, Aura, Yodell...

Roster:
1. maurice
2. Flamebirde
3. Molly Mae
4. Panther
6. Hirkala
7. bonanova

Backup: 

1. Thalia

I'll be a backup for now. Haven't been checking the site as much lately. Don't want to forget when it starts and have people coming after me... 

On a different note, where are all the girls? MiKi, Shadow, Aura, Yodell...

Roster:
1. maurice
2. Flamebirde
3. Molly Mae
4. Panther
6. Hirkala
7. bonanova

Backup: 

1. Thalia

Roster:
1. maurice
2. Flamebirde
3. Molly Mae
4. Panther
6. Hirkala
7. bonanova

Backup: 

1. Thalia
2. plasmid

Backing up until work lightens up, hopefully over the next few days.

Baddies don't have much anti-claiming defenses like spy-kill to allow fake claims or RID kills or anything?

2 hours ago, plasmid said:

Baddies don't have much anti-claiming defenses like spy-kill to allow fake claims or RID kills or anything?

Not really, no. It is 7 vs 3 which is already working in their favor. The messenger RID is the only thing they have.

Edited by araver

Roster:
1. maurice
2. Flamebirde
3. Molly Mae
4. Panther
5. MiKi
6. Hirkala
7. bonanova

Backup: 

1. Thalia
2. plasmid

The new format of the forum is gonna take some getting used to ^^" Is there smth like a quick guide to quoting, etc that I could find somewhere? The tagging feature looks pretty cool!

On my phone, I see a link on each post that says "quote". I can sort of copy and paste the roster on phone but as I found out last game, the cursor had an unfortunate habit of moving... Spoilers and colors on phone have to be done with the [ ] codes. 

Spoiler: {spoiler}your text here{/spoiler} with [ ] instead of { }. No spoiler titles. 

Colors: {color=red/orange/whatever}text here{/color} also with [ ] instead of { }.

Edited by Thalia
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Forgotten District II Mafia

City 17, forgotten district, once known as the "The Neighborhood"
Six years after the previous events in Trainer's Manual Mafia IV
~~~~~
Checking his balance at the end of the day, the Loan Shark smiled to himself, "This is still a nice neighborhood to do business in."

"What's that Boss?", asked Muscle. "Nothing for you to worry about, Muscle, as always. Call Clark for me will ya?"

"Sure thing, Boss." said Muscle, opening the door and letting a gust of music slip inside. That music would one day be the death of him, sighed the Loan Shark. His hair was tinted white at his temples and he felt weary during a Saturday Night.
"Hey Boss!", Clark "the DJ" blasted through the door. "Close it please", Mick sighed. "Have you heard about the new Mayor?". "Yeah", Clark flexed his hands nervously," he's talking about restoring the Civil Guard and all!".

"About that, I need you to do something for me. Go mix during the day, talk to your former colleagues, lemme know if trouble is brewing."
"Sure thing, but, wait, you want me to do something about it?". "No, just report back to me.", he stood up and secured his briefcase. "And get the damn music lower one notch, it's making my head explode", he added before going to the safe.
"Boss, you know there are paying customers right now draining the bar and putting money in the pockets because of that music ... ", Clark responded as the Boss put the briefcase in the safe and walked back to his table. "Fine, close it earlier though, I need silence to ponder."
Clark grabbed the door handle, "I'll let the guys know to close after 2 tonight", as he went out. "Idiot" he mumbled once he was safely out of the room.
~~~~~
Baddies (Mafia): Leader of the shady characters in the city, trying to make an extra buck by circumventing the rule, Mick "The Loan Shark" has made enough money offering unsecured loans to the nice people in the neighborhood. Each night can send Muscles out to kill someone. In case Muscles fails (target is saved or trapped), then the identity of the saved target will be revealed to the Loan Shark. Once during the game (ODTG) can redirect a vote, but not if trapped or blocked the night before. WinCon: Removing all other factions.

Goodies (Innocents): Peaceful taxpayers trying to restore their clean neighborhood. WinCon: To get rid of business threatening the neighborhood.

* The Doctor: Former Med student, did not finish his studies due to money problems and a recurring addiction. Knows enough to help a player survive minor injuries though. Ability: Can save a player each night. Can save self. Can save the same player in a row (Save)
* The Baker: Lost his bakery to the Loan Shark a while back and still sports a scar made by Muscles in a barfight when he refused to pay his loan. He has sworn to get revenge, but after the fiasco a couple of years ago, his vengeance simmered. Ability: No action / Vanilla initially. If the Doctor dies, then Baker will get ODTG kill to avenge him (ODTG Kill)
* The Cop: Lived in this neighborhood all his life, became a cop on an impulse, never looked back. Ability: Each night can stake out a player and find out either who targeted that player or who that player acted upon (choice). ODTG can instead choose to contact an old friend with clearance and get a role spy. (Spy).
* The Shopowner: Still owns huge debts and his business barely covers the vig. Always looking for a clean way out of the mess he got himself into. Ability: Each night can block a player. (Block).
* The Mayor: Just back in his hometown after inheriting his aunt's big mansion. Never forgot about his political ambitions. Ability: Can secretly make a vote x2 each day (Vote manip)

Indy
* Clark - "The DJ": Local redneck that won the local club at a poker game a couple years ago. Used to run the establishment as a front business for the Loan Shark, but has decided to pursue his own plans. Each night can trap someone with a VIP invite to the game night where they are safe from kills and cannot speak / vote / be voted for the next day. Cannot send VIP invites to same person twice in a row. ODTG can call in a favor with Muscles to RID Kill at any point during the day or the night. If successful, the event is published immediately, if failed no one hears about it. Cannot die N1, but if targeted for a kill, the killer will know his ID. Wincon: Outlive two
secret goodies and the Loan Shark. Must be alive at the beginning of the next phase (day or night) and game stops if wincon is met.

Rules:

* NP shows Kills, Traps and Saves. DP shows lynched player's faction only, no indication on vote manipulation.
* Tie: D1 No lynch. D2+ All in the tie are lynched.
* OOA: Trap > Block > Save > Kill > Spy > Day actions. Kills are not blocking.
* Blocks count as successful if the block went through unstopped by the trap acting on the blocker. Blocks cannot stop the NK. Daily actions can be blocked. Blocked players will be told so.

Roster:
1. maurice
2. Flamebirde
3. Molly Mae
4. Panther
5. MiKi
6. Hirkala
7. bonanova

Backup: 

1. Thalia
2. plasmid

Let me know if you have questions about the setup. I'll try to randomize the roles and give a two day start for Night 1. Thank you.

Edited by araver