BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Thinking of a Number

Biotop

Question

Silently be in doubt and subtle...

Spoiler

the number in the OP should be read with a silent B

Note:  Although the word "number" as it pertains to pain (killer) exists as an adjective as in "I can still feel that Doc, can you make it number?" it does not formally exist as a noun.  Although in the spirit of a riddle I feel its use here is perfectly acceptable and quite clever.  Certainly I think all would understand what is meant if one says, "I need a number Doc, the pain is killing me."  Nice riddle Biotop!

On 7/10/2017 at 9:21 AM, plainglazed said:

Silently be in doubt and subtle...

Hide contents

the number in the OP should be read with a silent B

Note:  Although the word "number" as it pertains to pain (killer) exists as an adjective as in "I can still feel that Doc, can you make it number?" it does not formally exist as a noun.  Although in the spirit of a riddle I feel its use here is perfectly acceptable and quite clever.  Certainly I think all would understand what is meant if one says, "I need a number Doc, the pain is killing me."  Nice riddle Biotop!

I literally laughed out loud when I read the answer.  I thought it was going to be meh, but it ended up being much more clever than I am.