BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

A woman has incontrovertible proof in court that her husband was murdered by her sister. Both the woman and her sister are before the Judge. The judge declares, "This is the strangest case I've ever seen. Though it's a cut-and-dried case, this woman before me cannot be punished." How can this possibly be?

20 answers to this question

A woman has incontrovertible proof in court that her husband was murdered by her sister. Both the woman and her sister are before the Judge. The judge declares, "This is the strangest case I've ever seen. Though it's a cut-and-dried case, this woman before me cannot be punished." How can this possibly be?

You just said they were before the judge. Nothing about standing.

This has been here before too. . . . . why can't siamese twins be punished (not the death penalty obviously)

This has been here before too. . . . . why can't siamese twins be punished (not the death penalty obviously)

Exactly, Fine one of them or something etc. Yea and it has been on here before and I've seen it many times, which is why I tried to find an alternative solution that makes it at least a little more interesting to me since I've heard it so much.

if you insist that they were standing even though not mentioned in the problem... The sister was mentally handicapped

why? mentally challenged people cannot be punished???

why? mentally challenged people cannot be punished???

If they cannot distinguish the difference between right and wrong decisions then they cannot be punished. It's common to hear about pleading insanity in a court for a murder trial. They aren't punished, but they are treated psychiatrically.

according to the problem...no

then lets bung them in jail - one for murder, one for accessory - if it's in the states, it's probably equal crime equal time/punishment.

according to the problem...no

then lets bung them in jail - one for murder, one for accessory - if it's in the states, it's probably equal crime equal time/punishment.

yeah...actually i should have phrased the puzzle properly....but this is how it was asked to me.. :( but yes there might be some other answers too...nice job!!!

awww I'm only giving you hard time. The classic and probably best answer is that they are Siamese twins, but I just wanted to see if there were others that fit the conditions

awww I'm only giving you hard time. The classic and probably best answer is that they are Siamese twins, but I just wanted to see if there were others that fit the conditions

your arguments were correct... yes, there are a lot of possible answers.... good thinking!! B))

Sorry,but by the time I'can use spoiler.The answer is because they are siamese twins.