BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

IQ test question

GeorgeC

Question

Hello to all, I am new to this forum. Recently I did an online IQ test which had 45 Raven type questions.

There are two which I still can't solve after driving myself nuts looking at them.

Perhaps this is a good place to get the problem solved?

The questions all involve a 3x3 matrix and there is usually a logic sequence going from left to right, and sometimes also up to down. The idea is to supply the missing corner chosen from the eight samples below.

41.jpg

Edited by GeorgeC

14 answers to this question

I think the answer is...

the leftmost image in the second row - the triangle.

Here are my reasons:

1) The first two rows contain each one square, one rectangle and one triangle, so to complete the pattern the third row should have some sort of a triangle. This is consistent with triangles dominating the answer space. (As a side note, two images in the middle of the top row seem to be identical. Also first and third image from the left in the bottom row are almost identical, but the leftmost image seems to match the size of the other triangles in the puzzle, so would be preferred to the other one.)

2) The square, rectangle and triangle can either

1. have a circle around them
  2. have circle arcs within them
  3. have no circle arcs

The only triangle that fits that pattern is the leftmost in the bottom row.

Thanks K-man. I agree with what you say, but am curious what the circular arcs are all about. If it was only about square/rectangle/triangle that would be consistent with the earlier questions which were easier. This was no. 41 out of 45 and they were all more complex.

Perhaps I am over-thinking the question...

Edited by GeorgeC

Well, I don't have the context that you have as I don't see the rest of the questions, but looking at this question alone I wouldn't call it particularly complex and my solution/answer seems reasonable to me. BTW, I've never seen a test where two of the possible answers were exactly the same as in this test.

Hi i am new to this site.so don't mind if my answer is wrong.

Let us name the sticks first as shown in figure.

Now take the pattern from top to bottom.the pattern like this  in first column first two symbols combination opposite is third symbol.like 1symbol+2symbol=opposite symbols of(1+2) which is 3rd symbol in first column.and same in second column also. i.e bubble stick goes as strip in answer and strip goes as bubble stick.

Now in third row first symbol is of one bubble and one strip has to combine with plain sticks, so answer symbol will be just place the opposite sticks in corresponding places.

So answer is 4th option.

39.jpg

Yes, I can agree with that logic. Thanks.

In creating a question in An IQ test, the creator must make sure that there is no double interpreatation to the question (the question can be answered differently)

example if you ask :

a. 3
b. 4
c. 5

this is a bad question, 
because there is a double interpretation there 

you usually answer a.3 
but b.4 is also correct, because : 20 = 1,   21 = 2,   22 = 4

so to avoid this, one of the correct answer must be removed from the question.

-------

in the question above you may think the logic that I over is questionable.
But it also acceptable, so if the question maker do not allow my logic, so he must
prevent this kind of logic appear, so he must create another option that is also not a duplicate.

but since my logic, and pavan logic come to one option, so this is still acceptable.

So, if we have found a logic in an IQ test question, just use it.

On 21.09.2015 at 5:14 PM, GeorgeC said:

Thanks K-man. I agree with what you say, but am curious what the circular arcs are all about. If it was only about square/rectangle/triangle that would be consistent with the earlier questions which were easier. This was no. 41 out of 45 and they were all more complex.

Perhaps I am over-thinking the question...

As i now result of second IQ test is always better and you now give an answer for question what you cann't pass. You can train your brain and memory https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id887025430?pt=95788912&ct=usa_link&mt=8;)