BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

this is a nice puzzle i was asked once...

It was a dark stormy night and a couple were in a car racing madly through a foreign city. The car broke down and the husband had to go get help . He was afraid to leave his wife alone in the car so he pulled up the windows and locked the car before leaving. When he came back, the car was in the same state as he had left it but his wife was dead, there was blood on the floor and there was a stranger in the car. What happened?

15 answers to this question

Your a little obsessed with murders, Nayana - are you not telling us something?? :)

since my surprise exotic pet present answer was incorrect (I really liked that one), then this lady must have been pregnant and ready to burst. She had the child while he was gone, died during birth, bled everywhere, and had a little "stranger" crawling around in the car. :-P

Your a little obsessed with murders, Nayana - are you not telling us something?? :)

since my surprise exotic pet present answer was incorrect (I really liked that one), then this lady must have been pregnant and ready to burst. She had the child while he was gone, died during birth, bled everywhere, and had a little "stranger" crawling around in the car. :-P

yes Neal, i am obsessed with solving murder mysteries though...shud hv been a detective :P

and Mr. Genius has got it correct again...really a genius at work.i knew u wud solve it in no time.... B)) but will u let others solve the puzzles posted by me?? ;)

Great job Neal. I guess my New York roots may have affected my view on this question. I still check my car for stow aways when I get in it.

haha - move to Alabama - everyone has a pickup truck so stowaways are easy to spot (usually the camo overalls stick out when they hide under the empty Bud Light cans in the truck bed :) )