BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Acting on an anonymous phone call, the police raid a house to arrest a suspected murderer. They don't know what he looks like but they know his name is John and that he is inside the house. The police bust in on a carpenter, a lorry driver, a mechanic and a fireman all playing poker. Without hesitation or communication of any kind, they immediately arrest the fireman. How do they know they've got their man?

9 answers to this question

a) he could have had nametag "John" on his fireman coat

b) the other three could have been women (although I don't think I've ever had a woman change my oil :) )

the second one is the answer :) simply great!

Good puzzles today - keep them up - must be nice to have all this free time to come up with puzzles :-P

yeah.....i have got a lot of free time...today i am just posting puzzles... not in a mood to answer other puzzles :P and u keep up answering my puzzles Mr. Genius ;)

As iI said the name is not enough.There has to be something more obvious-the other 3 should be women.

he had his name written on his fireman suit or they heared somebody calling him Jhon or whatever is his name.Although there is no garancy that he is the only one with this name.

Acting on an anonymous phone call, the police raid a house to arrest a suspected murderer. They don't know what he looks like but they know his name is John and that he is inside the house. The police bust in on a carpenter, a lorry driver, a mechanic and a fireman all playing poker. Without hesitation or communication of any kind, they immediately arrest the fireman. How do they know they've got their man?
Edited by ash013

As iI said the name is not enough.There has to be something more obvious-the other 3 should be women.
he had his name written on his fireman suit or they heared somebody calling him Jhon or whatever is his name.Although there is no garancy that he is the only one with this name.

yes..u r right.. :)

are female