BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I made a surch and didn't find this puzzel.i hope won't be locked.

What has biger weight-all the woods from which are made the american dollars or all the trains that passing throught the big train station for 24h?

9 answers to this question

[spoiler='perhaps

']must be the trains because american dollars are not made from wood, it is aprox. 25% linen and the rest is cotton

Edited by finance_it

I agree that is why i edited my guess...

either woods or trees doesn't matter, dollars are not made of wood fibers at all, they are made of cotton and linen fibers. so the trains would way more then "all the woods".

If he was asking which weighed more all the american bills in circulation or all of the trains in the big train station in 24 hours, we would have to know which train station he was refering to, calculate the weight of all the trains passing through it and then we would also have to calculate the weight of all the us dollars in circualtion and get our answer. The question is supposed to make you think that there is a lot of calculations required to get an answer all the while the answer is simply $$ is not made of wood.

" The paper that the Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP) uses to produce our currency is "distinctive." A paper manufacturer produces it according to BEP specifications. It is composed of 75 percent cotton and 25 percent linen. The paper also contains red and blue fibers of various lengths that are evenly distributed throughout the paper."

us treasury

cotton and linen are not made of wood or wood products at all

" The paper that the Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP) uses to produce our currency is "distinctive." A paper manufacturer produces it according to BEP specifications. It is composed of 75 percent cotton and 25 percent linen. The paper also contains red and blue fibers of various lengths that are evenly distributed throughout the paper."
us treasury

Thanks , Finance It . I frankly did not know that . Thanks for the link. :)

us treasury

well i never! - now we have to wonder how it's packed (crates) can you help there Finance-it?

By the way, I believe the Bank of Engalnd printing works won an Arab contract but printed 'SPECIMEN' in arabic on the final run! - perfik!

Also believe the aussies now have money that is less degradable due to impregnation or covering, maybe out yet - not sure! Can take it surfing with you too!

[spoiler='perhaps

']must be the trains because american dollars are not made from wood, it is aprox. 25% linen and the rest is cotton

You are right.The american dollars are not made from wood.Was a tricky question.