BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

• Answers 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I've seen a riddle similar to this one. the awnser is nothing. if you come into nothing, you can die (or go on welfare). if you wait for nothing, then you keep going and live one. Tell me if i'm wrong.

I've seen a riddle similar to this one. the awnser is nothing. if you come into nothing, you can die (or go on welfare). if you wait for nothing, then you keep going and live one. Tell me if i'm wrong.

I admit that this riddle will stretch a little literally speaking, alliteration pardoned I'm sure. But no, 'nothing' is stretching these lines too far. Grammatically joking aside, good try, but another word does better apply.

...are your little nicknames for them - "seven is heaven," "eight is great" - ok, so the riddles are good, too - nice and creative. I guess HOSPITAL on this one. I am 98% sure it's incorrect, but for some reason it's jumping out at me. I will try to think of better answer.

Come to me and I bring death

laack of sleep looking at your riddle

Await me and I bring life

The hint/answer- preferably before my death

2nd line gets me...grr!

Agee with bonanova. Like you, hate your riddles!

Air - too premature, may die. Full term pregnancey = life.

Best I can do!

Was think same at first, perhaps drugs, ambulance, other medical soloution.

Edited by Lost in space

Come to me and I bring death

Await me and I bring life

A funeral?

Come to me and I bring death - Go to a funeral because there was a death

Await me and I bring life - Wait the rest of your life for your own funeral

snake poison. If you come to it (get bitten) you could die. But if you are bitten and you wait for the vaccine, it could allow you to live. (the vaccine being made from the poison)

Do people still want to give this a go? Should I post the answer? I can't think of any more hints B))

I'm still racking my brain on this one, but so far I can't think of anything that fits your conditions that hasn't already been posed. I'd hate for you to post the answer and then I give in to temptation and look, only to find it's something that should be obvious.

So for now, I'd say hold off on posting, but just my opinion. Still looking for that Eureka! moment.

maybe Elixir of life , i.e. the philosopher's stone , could also fit .

Old age.

I know it is not possible , but it fits the riddle nicely . :)

Not quite sure how old age fits the riddle. When talking about old age, wouldn't coming to it and awaiting it be the same thing? Given that, it can't have two different outcomes, one of them being life.

If I were to argue you're point, I would say the opposite of the riddle would be true. If one awaited old age, then death would come faster because of all the worrying and stress over getting old and dying. The best way to live a long time is to simply accept getting old and not await anything in a pessimistic light.