BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Justice League UNLEASHED 2

Yoruichi-san

Day 2

On a prominence overlooking a deep valley whose rock walls blazed a brilliant red in the light of the setting sun, the heroes gathered to mourn their fallen friend.  A cool breeze swept up the newly fallen leaves, waltzing with them over the long, solemn shadows projected onto the dusky earth.

“She was a great warrior, strong and loyal, and she was a good friend,” Wonder Woman spoke reverently, and the others nodded.  “May her gods return her spirit to the world from whence she came.”

His jaw set far more firmly than any of the stones around them, Green Lantern turned and stamped away from the group.  Zatanna levitated after him.

“John, I know she meant a lot to you,” she began, reaching out a hand for his shoulder.  “I could sense her feelings from the magic of her aura, and I know you meant a lot to her too…”

He rounded on her with those intense impossibly green eyes.  “Then you know I have to find her killer.  Don’t get in my way.”

The magician sighed.  If only he knew...“Then let me come with you.  I can help.”

The pair searched long into the hours, until the last remnants of Day retired, but they could find no leads.

Doctor Fate: Y-san

Roster:
1) Phil1882
2) Nana77
3) bonanova
4) tolecnal - DEAD [Martian Manhunter] lynched
5) flamebirde - DEAD [Hawkgirl] killed by Supervillains
6) onetruth
7) dee_tot
8) plasmid
9) TwoaDay
10) Kikacat123
11) Araver
12) Barca

Night 3 begins now, ends tomorrow 9/15 at 9PM CST (i.e. must be time-stamped by 8:59).  Thanks!

On the off chance that Bonanova was lying and was unlynchable because he's Solomon Grundy or Amazo -- we know that Batman is still alive, so you need to counterclaim now unless you want him to skate through the rest of the game as a confirmed goodie. (That scenario is unlikely, but I want to make sure we're covering all possibilities.)

On the off chance that Bonanova was lying and was unlynchable because he's Solomon Grundy or Amazo -- we know that Batman is still alive, so you need to counterclaim now unless you want him to skate through the rest of the game as a confirmed goodie. (That scenario is unlikely, but I want to make sure we're covering all possibilities.)

Agreed with one exception.

Batman may not be in the game after all. Silence does not equivocate with a definite answer. I doubt I missed and there was a public hint from someone who could definitely say if one of the goodie roles is not in the game (but if someone would, I would recommend keeping quiet though, with RID based manipulation / cloning going or possibly going around. except if blatantly needed to CC someone else).

Also, to clarify:  vote changes must be official, and clearly in themselves indicate the intention to vote for a particular player or remove a vote.

That & the ruling on :00 voting warrants a purple question:

Can you re-post the last roster including all changes that you deemed to be a clear intention of voting? Or at least say if the following is the public roster you took into consideration?

1) Phil1882 - voting for Bonanova

2) Nana77 - voting for Phil

3) bonanova - voting for TwoaDay

6) onetruth

7) dee_tot - voting for Plas

8) plasmid - voting for Bonanova

9) TwoaDay - voting for Kikacat

10) Kikacat123 - voting for Bonanova

11) Araver - voting for TwoaDay

12) Barca- voting for Phil

P.S. When I'm gone / after I'm gone, please remember that if Solomon Grundy is in the game, we need majority to lynch and that is harder to achieve as time passes.

Also Grundy is magic as well as two other baddie roles. Only Hawkgirl (dead), WonderWoman and Zatana could be magic. So please, if you spot a magic user later on (or have spotted during previous nights), do tell. Not during the night, during the day ;)

@Flash - I don't know if you're in the game but since you do need to choose roles not people, you should've been pretty active by now and I ain't seeing it. While you cannot encode anything in the messages and are subject to manipulation, you can truthtell if a pair in some message has been redirected. Please stay alive and do so.

@Baddies - if Nana is not one of yours, you know what to do in N3 :P

@Y-San: I take majority needed to lynch to be 50% rounded of remaining players +1 e.g. 5 for 9 and 6 for 10. Can you clarify if this is the intended meaning in the OP? Also does that mean majority AFTER day vote redirects?

Also, to clarify:  vote changes must be official, and clearly in themselves indicate the intention to vote for a particular player or remove a vote.

That & the ruling on :00 voting warrants a purple question:

Can you re-post the last roster including all changes that you deemed to be a clear intention of voting? Or at least say if the following is the public roster you took into consideration?

1) Phil1882 - voting for Bonanova

2) Nana77 - voting for Phil

3) bonanova - voting for TwoaDay

6) onetruth

7) dee_tot - voting for Plas

8) plasmid - voting for Bonanova

9) TwoaDay - voting for Kikacat

10) Kikacat123 - voting for Bonanova

11) Araver - voting for TwoaDay

12) Barca- voting for Phil

Yes.  Vote changes must clear and stand-alone.  Asking the host to officially interpret posts from one player in the context of posts from other players is a slippery slope, one that I'm definitely going down.

Consider the Day/Night deadline to be when a countdown timer would reach 0.  "Utensils down, hands up!" ;)

@Y-San: I take majority needed to lynch to be 50% rounded of remaining players +1 e.g. 5 for 9 and 6 for 10. Can you clarify if this is the intended meaning in the OP? Also does that mean majority AFTER day vote redirects?

Yes and yes.  But he is susceptible to the tie penalty if he creates a tie. 

Night 3

Warily glancing one last time at the residence he was leaving, the harbinger of fate shook his head resignedly and stepped through the light filled portal.  

As he wove through the flow of space time with the presence in his head, however, his sixth sense became alerted to another presence, one outside of his head, outside his gold helmet, outside of him.

It is you, he spoke to it telepathically.

Yes, it replied.  I have been monitoring your wager with Brainiac.  

The gold-ensconced head nodded.  It has been difficult for both sides, and far from conclusion.  But that is not why you’re here.

No.  There was a pause.  Have they been prepared?

A deep breath from the portal traveller.  I have begun, but it will take time.

A longer pause, then:  There may not be time, even for you.  They are coming.

Under the yellow glare of the porch light, the young man fiddled with his collar nervously, casting timid glances at his companion.  “So…” he began, working up his courage.  “Can I see you again?”

Nana laughed lightly and leaned in to her would be suitor’s cheek.  “Well…” she whispered, and the young man leaned in closer to catch her words.  “We’ll see…”

With a suggestive smile she twirled around and stepped through the doorway to her house, closing the door behind her and leaving her date with a befuddled expression on his not-too-bad-looking features.  She leaned back on the door and chuckled to herself.  It seemed the strapping lads were falling over themselves trying to court her.

“So you’ve finally returned,” a deep throaty voice accosted her.  

She spun around to meet the gaze of a tall man of formidable stature who wore a red horned helmet.  “Who are you?  And how did you...oh, nevermind, don’t tell me...magic, right?”

The man harumphed.  “You dare to keep a god waiting and now you expect answers to your questions?  Such insolence!”

“Uh…” Nana gave him a challenging look.  “You’re the one who came into my house uninvited and definitely unwanted.  So you should answer my questions.  Like, what are you doing here?”

Ares threw back his helmeted head and emitted a roaring laugh.  “That will be answered soon enough...when I kill you.”

2980958-1033814113-Ares_.png

Nana sighed.  “Again?  Can’t you people just leave me alone?  What did I ever do to you?”

“I am a god!” Ares raised his hands to the sky as if in demonstration of his power.  “You should be honored to be sacrificed in my name.”

“Uh...no thanks.”  Nana pulled her hand from behind her back, revealing her cell phone which she had just speed dialed.

A moment later, the door came crashing down, and a strapping lad came charging through.

“Hey, I just fixed that!” Nana threw her hands up in exasperation.

The new arrival blushed contritely but turned his attention to Nana’s attacker.  “I won’t let you hurt her, you Villain!”

Ares grinned smugly.  “Please, I will not be deterred as easily as that useless wizard with the lean and hungry look.  I am a god.”

Letting out a primal howl, the savior lunged at the attacker, fist raised.

Easily intercepting his arm in midair, Ares laughed.  “You want to fight me?  The god of war?”  He lifted an armor clad fore-arm and cuffed the lad across his face.  “You really think you can win?”

Hunched over, the young man wiped the corner of his mouth with his hand and noted the blood there.  He turned in Ares’ direction...and grinned.  “No...but we can.”

A confused expression crossed the former god’s brow.  He slowly twisted around, following the direction of the lad’s gaze.

Behind him stood a small army of well-built young men, all glaring at him.  At their center stood Nana, holding up her phone screen, which displayed a brimming call log.

Ares frowned, his pride warring with his instinct of self preservation.  Finally he came to a decision.  A blinding flash of light filled the room, and when it faded, the god of war…

...was nowhere to be found.

Doctor Fate: Y-san

Roster:
1) Phil1882
2) Nana77
3) bonanova
4) tolecnal - DEAD [Martian Manhunter] lynched
5) flamebirde - DEAD [Hawkgirl] killed by Supervillains
6) onetruth
7) dee_tot
8) plasmid
9) TwoaDay
10) Kikacat123
11) Araver
12) Barca

Day 3 begins now, ends tomorrow 9/16 at 9PM CST!