BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Justice League UNLEASHED 2

Yoruichi-san

Day 6

FreakinFan52 has posted a new link

Woman Dies in Doorway from Lightning Strike

DETROIT - A freak lightning storm hit a unassuming suburban neighborhood last evening...

{7 Comments}

Skepchic:  Wut, srsly?  Can that rly happen? :o

R.Palmer: Scientifically speaking, it is a nearly impossible phenomenon, but, truly, stranger things have happened...

Annataz:  @R.Palmer: There are things out there that are outside the realm of science ;).

th3qu3st1on:  Are you saying there was something else behind this incident??? O.o  Are you saying someone caused it?

misteremmexwhy:  Teeheehee!  Yes it was me!  I played with space-time.  Now I can rhyme!

Skepchic: lol u r nutz, man. @_@

Pandora333:  THEY ARE COMING!!!

[add comment]

Doctor Fate: Y-san

Roster:

1) Phil1882

2) Nana77
3) bonanova
4) tolecnal - DEAD [Martian Manhunter] lynched
5) flamebirde - DEAD [Hawkgirl] killed by Supervillains
6) onetruth - DEAD [?] killed by Supervillains
7) dee_tot - DEAD [?] killed by Supervillains
8) plasmid
9) TwoaDay - DEAD [Zatanna] lynched
10) Kikacat123
11) Araver - DEAD [Black Canary] lynched
12) Barca

Night 7 beings now!  Ends tomorrow 9/23 at 9PM CST!

Night 7

Lifting her hand up to her face to cover up a yawn, Nana shrugged the strap of her backpack up a little on her shoulder as she approached her house.  It had been a long Night of studying, and her eyelids felt about as heavy as the books in her bag.

As she neared her porch, though, her droopy eyelids popped up.  A grin spread over her face as her gaze alighted on the meticulously wrapped parcel that had been left there.  Yay, presents!

Excitedly, she plucked it up by its shiny red ribbon and glanced at the card.  “Admiring you from afar, Alexander”, it said.

Just then, her phone ringtone began buzzing a techno version of “It Ain’t Easy”.  Tucking the gift under one arm, she answered the call and tucked the phone behind her ear as she fumbled in her jacket pocket for her house keys.

“Hey, what’s up?” she spoke into the phone, finding the correct key and unlocking the door.  Turning the knob, she shifted her weight forward to nudge the door open.

“I was just checking to make sure you got home okay,” the caller answered, a little shyly.  

Nana laughed.  “You’re so sweet,” she remarked, rolling her eyes.  “I’m okay.  Great, actually.  Someone left a gift on my doorstep!”

“Oh...uh…” Notes of disappointment and jealousy could be shrewdly detected in the young man’s voice.  “I guess it must be serious then, huh?  With this, um…”

“Eh,” was Nana’s reply.  Dropping her bag on the counter, she picked up the gift and shook it lightly.  “Actually...I don’t really know the person who sent it...claims to be an admirer or something...name’s...Alexander?”  She took the ends of the ribbon in her hands and pulled.

“What?!” Alarm replaced the other undertones in the caller’s voice.  “Wait, don’t…”

But it was too late.

Kikacat absentmindedly scrolled through her social media feed on her iphone, intermittently wincing in pain.  With every step, the plastic bag she clutched rustled and the extra-large bottle of aspirin inside jangled.  

It had been some Night, and her ‘friends’ had posted all the evidence online for the entire world to see.  As she caught sight of one particularly incriminating photo, she winced again, this time not from the throbbing in her head.

She was saved further embarrassment, at least temporarily, by a massive explosion that seemed to shake the ground she was walking on.

Steadying herself, she glanced around and noted the enormous plumes of smoke rising from a house (or the remains of one) about a block away.  That looks bad, I hope no one was hurt, I should call for help she thought as she shakily lifted up her phone and inputted 9-1-1.  However, her thumb froze above the “phone” button as another thought crept up:  Hmm...I could be the first one to Instagram this...

Before a clear victor in the war waging in her mind between social responsibility and social media could be determined, however, a laser beam of some sort shot out from somewhere and fried the device in her hand.  

“Wha...OWWW!” Kika cried, dropping the red-hot iwreckage.  Shaking out her hand (now throbbing nearly as much as her head), noticed the shadow looming over her and turned her gaze up to greet the source of the attack.

Moonlight glinted off the metallic exterior of the humanoid form levitating above her.  Its eyes stared down emotionlessly from a smooth, featureless face, and glowed with a radiance that seemed somehow...dark...dark and soulless.

“You...what…” Kika stammered, both startled and intrigued by the creature’s perfect apathy.  It floated down, closer towards her, and she reached out a hand to touch its flawless metal shell.

Perfectly cold, perfectly lifeless...it was not dead, like a corpse, no it was...devoid of life, and devoid of death, an entity, a thing that seemed to transcend both those ‘universal’ concepts.

“Hello,” she said, slowly, dreamily.

It looked at her, as if computing what she had said.  Then it replied with what it had calculated as the correct response.  

“Goodbye.”

Kika had barely the chance to experience the shock of the green energy lance piercing through her chest before the entity’s unfeeling perfection became the last thing she saw.

*Cough* *Cough* *Inhale* *Cough*

Choking for air amidst the smoke, Nana managed to push the door of the refrigerator door open, the debris on it sliding off. With a grunt, she pulled herself up to her feet.  She fruitlessly tried to pat the dust off of her while she searched around for her phone.  Finding it under what had been her favorite lamp, she gingerly picked it up with two fingers.  When she saw it still worked, she sighed with relief.

“Thanks for the warning,” she told the young man who was still on the other end of the line with a sooty smile.  His words had registered just in time for her to dive into the (relative) safety of the stainless steel fridge.  “You really saved me.”

Roster:

1) Phil1882

2) Nana77
3) bonanova
8) plasmid
10) Kikacat123 - DEAD [?] killed by Amazo
12) Barca

Thanks for playing, Kika!

Day 7 beings now!  Ends tomorrow 9/24 at 9PM CST!

Edited by Yoruichi-san

*sigh*

I guess third time is not the charm, silly baddies. nyah nyah.

Thank you to whoever saved me.

Hmm, Amazo is alive after all. Thanks for killing off a baddie for us Amazo!

Does that mean Plas really is Amazo? That would mean Barc is the last baddie.

I vote Barc.

Roster:

1) Phil1882

2) Nana77 - voting for Barc
3) bonanova
8) plasmid
12) Barca

Roster:
1) Phil1882
2) Nana77 - voting for Barc
3) bonanova
8) plasmid - voting for Nana
12) Barca

At least you're finally admitting that Amazo is in the game.

Suppose that Barc, Kikacat, or I were baddies. The visible votes yesterday, before vote manipulation, were 3 votes on Nana and 3 votes on plasmid. One of us would have obviously redirected your vote onto yourself. The only way you could have survived is if either Bonanova or Phil were Amazo and decided to redirect a vote toward me. But they (and I) know that they aren't Amazo, so that's not what happened.

Alternatively, you could survive if you were a baddie with Ares' vote redirection and redirected a vote away from yourself. And the reason the baddies targeted you for the kill last night is because I redirected the NK.

Nana needs to go.

So you are saying baddies have nk me 3 times due to bad luck, and I have been saved all 3 times due to good luck?

And that yesterday the baddies are either both Phil and Bona or that the baddies voted for me? That makes no sense.

We can all agree that Barc must be a baddie, correct? Then let's lynch him. Or do you prefer we lynch you instead? I'm suggesting we leave you alone today in thanks for killing Kika. :)

Roster:
1) Phil1882
2) Nana77 - voting for Barc
3) bonanova
8) plasmid - voting for Nana
12) Barca - voting for Nana

NANA MUST DIE!!! 

The first save or two was probably from shenanigans to make it look like you get saved to clear yourself. For the entire game, the ONLY defense you've been giving and relying completely upon is those NKs early in the game, even when everything else that's been going on makes it completely impossible that you're telling the truth. Phil and Bonanova are not both baddies. Onetruth was Faust.

hmm. i'll vote barca.

1) Phil1882 - Barca
2) Nana77 - voting for Barca
3) bonanova

1) Phil1882 - Barca
2) Nana77 - voting for Barca
3) bonanova - voting for Barca

What say, Barca? You aint a goodie, who are you?

Day 7

The remaining heroes, villains, and...well whatever Amazo was now, pushed in on Barca, edging him towards the dock’s drop off.

“You’re making a huge mistake,” he warned them, wobbling slightly at the sight of the vacillating waves.

“Yeah, yeah, we know you’re not one of us,” Nana dismissed, cocking the barrel of her gun at him.  “Now walk.”

Gritting his teeth, Barca took a few more steps, slowly, deliberating.  When he reached the very edge of the platform, he spun around, eyes blazing.

ef61b_movies_lexluthor.jpg

“You fools!  I may not have been your friend, but I could have been your ally.  You needed me.  You have signed your own death warrant.”  His gaze directed unwaveringly at Nana.

If looks could kill…

...they can’t…

...but guns can.

BANG!

Barca’s body fell into the watery depths below.

Roster:

1) Phil1882

2) Nana77
3) bonanova
8) plasmid
12) Barca - DEAD [Lex Luthor] lynched

Thanks for playing, see you in a bit ;P.

Night 8 starts now, ends tomorrow 9/25 at 9PM CST.........

Who we have left in the game is:

Bonanova - Batman

Phil - Superman

Nana - Amazo

Plasmid - Ares

Nana can guarantee a win at this point if she kills me. She's obviously has the Ares vote manip since she's been using it in the past few lynches, so if she's up against just Phil and Bonanova during the lynch tomorrow, then she can vote for Phil and redirect Phil's vote to Phil to get him lynched, and then kill Bonanova the next night.

Like it or not, even though I'm a baddie, you (goodies) will lose the game if I'm not alive to manip the vote and lynch Nana tomorrow.