BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Justice League UNLEASHED 2

Yoruichi-san

Day 5

The red sun glared at plasmid from above a stony ridge as he backed away from the circle of glares at his front.  A few stones were set loose when his heel met the edge of the cliff, and went tumbling down, down, down onto the jagged rocks below.  He briefly glanced back and swallowed.  

“Wait, I know it looks bad,” he protested, holding his hands up.  “But, really…” He closed all but two fingers of one hand and waved it in front of his chest.  “...I’m not the baddie you are looking for.”

The grim expressions on the faces of his would-be executioners didn’t budge.  “We can do this the easy way, or the hard way,” Batman stated with his trademarked cowled scowl.

“Please guys, listen to me…” plasmid pleaded.

“Begging is for the weak,” Wonder Woman shook her head in disgust.  “Go to your death like a warrior!”  With that, she rushed forward, swinging her short sword.

Plasmid jumped back to dodge and landed on...nothing.

AAAAHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh….”

“Well, good riddance,” Nana commented, stepping up to the edge of cliff.  “Well, I suppose we should at least collect his body and send it back to where-ever he came from.”

The others agreed, and Green Lantern created a platform of energy to carry them all down to the canyon floor.  As they were lowered, they murmured among themselves.  Who was plasmid, and where did he come from?

Those questions were not answered when they arrived at the basin, however, because where he wasn’t, or his body at least, was there.

Disclaimer:  There are no hints in the Day Post, everything is for storyline purposes/creative license, including but not limited to:  which characters are still alive, which roles are in the game, and what caused a non-death in case of one.

Doctor Fate: Y-san

Roster:

1) Phil1882
2) Nana77
3) bonanova
4) tolecnal - DEAD [Martian Manhunter] lynched
5) flamebirde - DEAD [Hawkgirl] killed by Supervillains
6) onetruth
7) dee_tot - DEAD [?] killed by Supervillains
8) plasmid
9) TwoaDay - DEAD [Zatanna] lynched
10) Kikacat123
11) Araver - DEAD [Black Canary] lynched
12) Barca

Night 6 begins now, ends tomorrow 9/21 at 9PM CST!

Clarifications on some common misconceptions about the independent:

Amazo may n/2 actions rounded down, where n is the number of the Night/Day cycle.

If Amazo copies Superman, he gains Superman's invulnerability (i.e. as a passive as it itself is a passive) and susceptibility to kryptonite. 

Funny how you only think like a goodie when I remind you what a goodie should be thinking. And still haven't explained why Dee being Amazo would want to out the fact that Wonder Woman isn't in the game. And still haven't given your yes/no results.

Wonder Woman isn't in the game. I lied D4 because that's what an indy's got to do to save his skin, but now that it's 3 vs 3 vs 1 I have no choice but to side with the goodies. You're lying because you're a baddie.

Dee seemed to think you're baddie. If Dee were Amazo, why bother to point out that Wonder Woman isn't in the game? If you were Wonder Woman, where are the yes/no question/answer results? Why do you claim that I used a baddie lynch save instead of Turbo Mode to save myself... a baddie wouldn't have to use a lynch save if they're down by two votes and the only ones with a vote manip, but Amazo would have to use Turbo Mode if he were down by two votes and knew the baddies had a manip?

And maybe most importantly, if I were baddie, why would I even bother to try to convince people to lynch you if I can just tell the two other baddies to lynch you and make an Ares manip guarantee the lynch (which didn't happen)? That gets to my whole point of it being illogical to even bother voting to lynch me if you were telling the truth.

1. A baddie lynch save was not just used because it was not needed. (Unless the baddies are feeling super generous.)

2. If you're a goodie, you would have no way of knowing whether a baddie lynch save was just used. Unless you want to claim Wonder Woman and that you asked a question during the night phase about a previous day action and got the result back before night phase was over (and counterclaim Nana, which you should have done during the voting yesterday if you were Wonder Woman).

There's two of your baddies.

On second thought, I suppose there's a slim chance that Nana got worried that one of the goodies might switch to vote her at the last minute while I maniped her vote back to herself. She might have used the baddie lynch save on herself as insurance.

But that doesn't change the fact that you just claimed to have information that you wouldn't have if you were really a goodie.

Night 6

The man in the moon seemed to be laughing at Felix Faust as he trudged down the suburban sidewalk.  “Heathens,” he grumbled to himself.  Why did they keep sending him out to do their ‘dirty work’, that bald epitome of greed with the intolerably smug smile and that bellicose, minorly magical mongrel who kept insisting that he was a god, and worse, kept insisting everyone else address him as such?  He was a wizard, the greatest of all time (Merlin?  Please, that sham could not even enchant a sword correctly...getting it stuck in a stone like that...wait, people thought he did it on purpose?  How ludicrous!), whose skill could alter the fabric of existence itself, given the correct circumstances, and they were sending him out like some hired gun?

As if to taunt him, from somewhere, a small dog began yapping.  He ground his teeth.  

He shouldn’t have had to deal with such discourtesy, and he certainly shouldn’t have had to deal with this nuisance.  Something had gone wrong toNight, the gateway he had created should have delivered him directly to his target’s home, not five blocks away, forcing him to walk the difference.  He hated walking.  No self-respecting wizard should ever have to walk!

The commencement of some sprinklers brought him rudely out of his ruminations, and, he realized, he had passed his destination...and would have to walk back.  

He threw up his hands into the air.

Onetruth clicked “Post” and sat back, smiling to herself.  The picture was a good one of her, the top she was wearing brought out her eyes, and her smile shone brightly.  The man standing next to her was also smiling broadly, displaying a set of perfect white teeth.  Come to think of it, he never did give her his real name...although he didn’t seem to mind posing for a pic for her to Facebook…

There came three brusque knocks on her door.  She frowned.  Knocking?  Didn’t whoever it was know how to use a doorbell?

“Who is it?” she inquired.  There came a response, but it was a mumble that she could not make out over the barking of the neighbor’s corgi.  Briefly she considered ignoring it, but then the possibility of it being Joe again occurred to her and the sight of those impressive shoulders crept into her mind’s eye…

Straightening up her hair, she pushed out of her chair and went to the door.

A grin was plastered over her face as she threw open the door, but it froze when she saw what stood on her doorstep…

Not the mighty specimen of a man she had been hoping to see, but an unimpressive man who was so gaunt he was bordering on skeletal, whose thin hair hung scraggily out from under a drenched hood and whose had-seen-better-days (or better centuries for that matter) purple robe was dripping water onto her “Welcome” mat.

“I’m...here...to kill you…” the man muttered through clenched teeth.

Her eyebrows arching incredulously at the appearance, soggy, hunched over, with his head down, and onetruth burst out laughing.

In that moment, something seemed to snap inside Felix Faust.  A fountain of power he held never felt before seem to erupt along with his rage.  

Sparks of electricity seemed to crackle around the man’s form.  He slowly lifted his head, revealing his face from under his hood...and his eyes seemed to shoot lightning.

The laugh died in onetruth’s throat.  She opened her mouth to scream, but before she could…

The next morning, reports of a freak lightning storm was all over the news.  There had been one fatality.  Apparently some poor woman had been struck while standing in her own doorway.

Doctor Fate: Y-san

Roster:

1) Phil1882

2) Nana77
3) bonanova
6) onetruth - DEAD [?] killed by Supervillains
8) plasmid
10) Kikacat123
12) Barca

Thanks for playing, onetruth!

Day 6 starts now, ends tomorrow 9/22 at 9PM CST!

1) Phil1882 -plasmid

2) Nana77 -plasmid
3) bonanova
8) plasmid 
10) Kikacat123
12) Barca

1) Phil1882 -plasmid
2) Nana77 -plasmid
3) bonanova
8) plasmid - voting for Nana
10) Kikacat123 - voting for Nana
12) Barca

Funny how that claim doesn't explain how you could possibly have info saying that the baddie lynch save was used yesterday.