BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Justice League UNLEASHED 2

Yoruichi-san

That makes no sense. Even if Araver were Black Canary, he should have been in BTSC with Green Arrow by now. The player who was hinting Green Arrow didn't vote me until after Araver did. That shouldn't happen if Green Arrow sees Black Canary's actions and results in BTSC. Araver must have been lynch framed, so there really are secret abilities in the game.

I'll use my yes/no question tonight to try to figure out something about the secret abilities unless anyone has any better ideas. Hopefully it was just limited to a lynch frame.

@plas, But there were no mention of lynch frame or secret ability. 

I never played a game where an ability existed without mention in op. Even secret abilities are let known that there are secret abilities in the game.

I am very much interested in what you have done with your yes/no questions so far.

I got blocked N2, and again on N3 after I revealed that I had an info gathering role during D2. It was getting so frustrating that I didn't even submit a question last night, but I also didn't get notified that I was blocked. N1 I asked if there were any non-goodies out of the first three players on the roster: Phil, Nana, and Bonanova, and I got a yes.

If Wonder Woman doesn't exist, then that would mean that I would have to be lying and Nana would have to be lying when she was trying to act like she was counterclaiming, without completely saying that she was counterclaiming so she could leave herself some wiggle room if I got lynched and revealed to be Wonder Woman.

Remember that some people get told about certain other roles that aren't in the game.

Plas alli can say is I hope by some miracle ur a goodie or I'll keep kicking myself for questioning ur lynch last night. But not likely, who could the three baddies be? Had to be you or araver, and we know how that tuned out. I deserve to be nk'd.

Night 5

Closing the freezer door, onetruth paused briefly to beam at the “Parent of the Year” award her kids had made her which was pinned there.  She popped open the lid to the pint of Chunky Monkey in her hand and brought a luscious spoonful into her mouth.  Mmmm...sweet and creamy...heaven…

“Almost done,” the handyman called to her from below the sink.  “I found the leak, I just have to change the gasket and then I’ll be out of your hair.”

“Thanks!  Would you like some lemonade...uh…sorry, I forgot your name?”

“Joe,” was the slightly muffled answer.  “And that would be mighty kind of you, ma’am.”

“Least I can do to thank you for your help,” onetruth replied, reaching up to forage around the cabinet for a glass.  “You won’t even let me pay you…” succeeding in finding one, she began to twist around, “...are you sure…”

CRASH

The glass hit the floor and shattered into a hundred shards as a giant green hammer caught her from behind.  

“What the…” But before she could finish, another blow took her right in the gut, bowling her over.

Slowly the head of the green hammer rose up, preparing to deliver the final blow.  Onetruth closed her eyes and prayed, waiting for the end.  I hope my family is well taken care of, I hope my son makes it into little league, I hope my daughter gets over her fear of swimming, I hope my husband gets that raise he’s been wanting, he deserves it, I hope my father’s arthritis doesn’t worsen, I hope...wait, why am I not dead yet?

Tentatively she opened one eye, then the other when she saw what was before her.

Joe, the handyman, was standing in front of her, the muscles in his back (an impressive set, she noted, even in the circumstances) taut as his arms firmly pushed against the green hammer.  Gritting his pearly white teeth, he tightened his grip on the hammer and, with a loud grunt, snapped it in two.  The broken hammer of energy disintegrated.

Wiping a bead of sweat from his square brow, ‘Joe’ turned to onetruth.  “I must confess, ma’am,  I lied to you, I’m not a handyman.  I had a feeling you were going to be in trouble toNight so I came to see if I could help.  I apologize for the deception.”

“That’s...alright,” onetruth spoke slowly, waiting for the beating of her heart to calm down.  When it did, she shook her head.  “I’m the one who should apologize.  Where are my manners.  You saved me.  How can I thank you?”

The not-really-a-handyman grinned boyishly.  “Well, how ‘bout that glass of lemonade?”

Dee_dot tapped her foot impatiently as she waited for the newest episode of Sword Art Online II to load in her Crunchyroll app.  Man, the wifi connection was slow toNight.  She hoped her neighbors hadn’t hacked her password...again…

Suddenly, though, the screen of her ipad went dark.  A moment later, an image appeared, but it definitely wasn’t anime.

“Good evening,” a synthesizer modified voice spoke.  “I hope you are enjoying it.  It will be your last.”

Looking skeptically at the shadowy silhouette she frowned.  “Right...and you’re going to kill me?  From inside my ipad?  With what, magic?”

The silhouette threw his head back in a laugh, allowing moonlight to glint off his bald head.  “No, don’t be ridiculous.  Magic is for the weak minded.”  (It was hard to see, but he seemed to be smirking.)  “My means are much more...effective.”

“Okay, well, if you’ll excuse me, while you’re expounding on your evil scheme of how you’re going to kill me, I’m going to go call for help.”  Dee reached for her cell phone.

“Oh, but I’m not.” The smirk seeI’m not going to kill you.”

Dee pause.  “Huh?”

“No…”  The man leaned forward, and she could make out a glint in his eye.  “I’m not going to kill you.  You’re going to kill yourself.”

“Why would I that?” Dee gave her conversant an incredulous look.

The man sat back again.  He was silent for a moment, then:  “You have a sister, don’t you?  Sweet girl, funny too.  Real hard worker, trying so hard to ace her exams for med school.  Too hard, if you ask me.”  He shrugged in mock ingenuousness.  “She has such a bright future ahead of her...It would be a real shame if something bad were to happen to her…”

“Don’t you dare touch a hair on her head,” dee snarled.  “If you do, I’ll…”

“Oh, of course, I’d never dream of laying a hand on her,” the man replied quickly.  “But you know, young girls these days, they’re so emotional.  Like, if their boyfriends suddenly break up with them out of the blue and their friends snub them...well, it could easily drive even the most well-mannered girl into the tenuous hand of drugs, and that in turn could cause them to fail their exams, sending them deeper into those clutches, and if the dean found out, somehow, they would be expelled, and be forced onto the streets, and then...well, who can imagine where it will go from there…”

Dee bit her lip.  She knew who this man was now, and she knew he very well had the resources to make what he was threatening real.  With a shaky hand, she drew open a drawer where she kept a handgun, ‘for emergencies’.

“Fine, you win,” she conceded and closed her eyes.

BANG!

Doctor Fate: Y-san

Roster:
1) Phil1882
2) Nana77
3) bonanova
4) tolecnal - DEAD [Martian Manhunter] lynched
5) flamebirde - DEAD [Hawkgirl] killed by Supervillains
6) onetruth
7) dee_tot - DEAD [?] killed by Supervillains
8) plasmid
9) TwoaDay - DEAD [Zatanna] lynched
10) Kikacat123
11) Araver - DEAD [Black Canary] lynched
12) Barca

Day 5 begins now, ends tomorrow 9/20 at 9PM CST!

Plas' post 259 is a pathetic attempt to hide his baddie role somewhere in the first three players using bogus knowledge allegedly obtained by being WW. But Phil has claimed goodie, I've said I was, and does anyone now think nana is a baddie? She'd have to be, if plas is not. And I was prophetic with my previous Axis of Evil comment, if only I had believed it myself last night.

Bye dee, RIP.

Who wants to place the first lynch vote?

Doctor Fate: Y-san

Roster:
1) Phil1882
2) Nana77 - voting for Plasmid
3) bonanova

6) onetruth- voting for Plasmid

8) plasmid
10) Kikacat123
12) Barca

4) tolecnal - DEAD [Martian Manhunter] lynched
5) flamebirde - DEAD [Hawkgirl] killed by Supervillains
7) dee_tot - DEAD [?] killed by Supervillains