BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Asylum Mafia

Kikacat123

Kik, everyone treats me like I'm a moron. Please explain to them that the NK can be stopped if the killer is blocked/trapped. And that trapping a NK TARGET will not save the target.

Once she answers, then this is what I have to say: 

Sane, since I have twice helped ensure that no one is killed (including one of you), unless you have a clear reading on who the hypo is, please release me. And then hopefully the block will be smart enough to block Aura the next night, and then Aura can be lynched the following day.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@OT - I don't treat you as a moron :P

But I do appreciate a claim instead of reverse-engineering-where-that-no-incentive-either-way-comes-from :)

@Barc - I struggle to understand by what process you have found out the Pretender. And unless you are indeed the Pretender, I fail to see how you can be certain.

Kik, everyone treats me like I'm a moron. Please explain to them that the NK can be stopped if the killer is blocked/trapped. And that trapping a NK TARGET will not save the target.

The NK can indeed be stopped if the Killer who initiated the action is blocked or trapped. A block or trap on the target does not save them..

Well then so Aura or me is the remaining baddie. 

Voting for marksmanjay then,

1. bonanova
2. dee_tot - voting for Marksmanjay
4. araver - voting for Marksmanjay
5. Marksmanjay
7. onetruth
9. Auramyna -TRAPPED in kitchen cupboard for N3, D3
10. Barcallica - voting for onetruth

6. phil1882 -DEAD- executed as Hallucinator
8. Boquise -DEAD- executed as Homicidal Maniac
3. plasmid -DEAD- poisoned by Killers

11. mtamburini -RELEASED as Paranoiac

1. bonanova

2. dee_tot - voting for Marksmanjay

5. Marksmanjay

7. onetruth

I got confused between Flame and free (f words!). So, yes, one of the 2 of you. 

1. bonanova/Free
2. dee_tot/Flame- voting for Marksmanjay
5. Marksmanjay
7. onetruth - voting for dee_tot/Flame

Thanks for pointing out my mistake. So, tell us how we can trust that you aren't a killer?

Forgive me, I may have misunderstood this, but it seems that you are saying that since one of either Aura or you (Dee) is a baddie, that you would not vote for Aura (or yourself, naturally), and instead vote for someone for which you provided no real reason beyond, "inactivity".

Unless you can explain that, maybe clarify it (I wasn't trying to be sarcastic when I said "I may have misunderstood"), my vote will be on you.

1. bonanova/Freeown
2. dee_tot/Flamebirde - voting for Marksmanjay
4. araver - voting for Marksmanjay
5. Marksmanjay - voting for dee_tot/Flamebirde
7. onetruth - voting for dee_tot/Flamebirde
9. Auramyna - TRAPPED in kitchen cupboard for N3, D3
10. Barcallica - voting for onetruth

Edited by marksmanjay

1. bonanova/Free

4. araver

5. Marksmanjay - voting for dee_tot/Flame

Abstaining.

OT's story makes sense which leaves tomorrow to see who blocks who in the nightpost.

No idea who warrants a release as a Hypo though.

EDIT: didn't see marksmanjay's vote there.

Edited by araver

@araver - Sure, of course. As you can tell, I have been mostly inactive for the first two Days. This was out of my control, as I did not have access to my computer and it is very hard to vote on a mobile. I also did not have enough information to feel that any of my votes would be justified, and it wasn't worth the effort just to blindly hop on a bandwagon or two. 

I did not have anything to say during the nights, I don't think there is normally as much activity here during nights anyways.

I also don't believe that I was bandwagonning, I do see now how you could take it as such, but I honestly did not take onetruth's vote into consideration. I was simply waiting until I had access to a computer to cast my vote properly. (Colours!)

One quick question for you, what did you mean by "How do you feel about being released"? I will assume this is a typo, and that you meant "How would you feel about being released?". If not, please clarify. Thanks!

P.S. Also remember that a block does not show up on the roster, as it only prevents that player's night actions. Only trap shows on the roster (i.e. on Aura). So there is no real reason for the block on dee_tot to have been a lie from the Compulsive Liar.

Edited by marksmanjay

1. bonanova/Free - voting for onetruth
4. araver
5. Marksmanjay - voting for dee_tot/Flame

Since I am now totally of two minds here ... let's make a 2-way vote and leave it to the gods to decide.

Day 3 Post

Barcallica was whistling a merry tune. Why shouldn't he be happy? He was getting released today! He changed from the itchy Patients' uniforms into a provided shirt and pair of jeans. There was a knock at the door. "Come in!" he invited, reclining in a chair and tilting it onto the back two legs. The Psychologist entered.

"Well, I'm very proud of the progress you've made, and I want to congratulate you. Not many Patients do so well in therapy." The Psychologist gestured to the door. "The van is waiting, if you've packed your things. Ready to leave?"

"You know I am!" Barcallica replied cheerily. He sprang up from the chair and practically ran down the Asylum halls, suitcase in hand. The driver already had the engine running. Barcallica took a long look back at the Asylum where he had spent the past eight years. "Goodbye and good riddance!" Waving to the Psychologist, Barcallica hopped into the car and rolled his window down to experience the breeze. The van began to slowly trundle down the narrow lane.

"Farewell!" Barcallica called out. "I'll miss you people!" Then his face changed. "I wish you all were dead! And my wish is coming true!" Something altered again. "Thanks for working to cure me!" His tone batted back and forth like a pong-pong ball.

"You old quack! I hope the killer get you next!"

"Goodbye! I'll always remember you!"

"Sayonara, suckers! Haha!"

"Get well soon!"

"See you NEVER! I won't come back to this hellhole again!"

The Psychologist gaped, open-mouthed as the van disappeared over a hill. He had just released the MPD.

The group of Patients was now smaller than it had ever been. There were two suspects this time, though. It had come down to dee_tot and onetruth as to who was the Killer. The Patients had to choose carefully. There couldn't afford to lose too many people. Otherwise, the Killer would be victorious.

The Asylum Guard examined the two carefully. They were undecided. Sure, they had been lucky once. But it really mattered now. The Guard chained dee and onetruth together, and led them down a passage. The patients and the Psychologist followed. They came around a corner and stopped at a door they all knew, the one where the most dangerous Patients entered and never came out again.

It was the room for the electric chair.

The Guard led dee and onetruth into the room. "I'll decide in a minute," they explained. The door shut.

The patients could hear arguing and what sounded like a punch. Then, the clank of chuckles onto a pair of wrists. The whir of the electricity humming in the circuits. A scream. And silence.

The Asylum Guard slowly opened the door, looking haggard and worn. Behind him followed dee_tot. Onetruth was not with them.

The Guard opened their mouth, and quietly spoke out. "Onetruth admitted who they were right as I flipped the switch. They were..." The Gaurd took a deep breath. "The Schizophrenic. Not the Killer."

The group was silent again. They stood together and waited for the terror of the night.

Roster:

Host: Asylum Warden: Kikacat123

Co-host: Deputy Warden: nana77

1. bonanova

2. dee_tot

4. araver

5. Marksmanjay

7. onetruth -DEAD- executed as Schizophrenic

9. Auramyna

10. Barcallica -RELEASED as MPD

Night 4 ends August 23, 9:00pm Central Time.

Maybe I got the wrong number count :facepalm: Plasmid role, I have no idea.

So, it's 1-2-1-1 or 1-2-2 or 1-1-2-1

Agree with your analysis, and plas has been completely undetermined from the beginning.

He didn't have a chance to talk since he died at night 1. Plus I'm bad at getting hints if ever he leave anything.

Still figuring it if day 1 has vote manipulations or a random gen was used for tied players.

I haven't really been following along since I've been TRAPPED SO OFTEN! But it seems to me that the last baddie has to be either dee and/or someone inactive/withholding NK.

If plasmid was in the game I'd think it was him because he is the only one crafty enough to withhold a kill to frame me when numbers wise he would be better off killing. Or Araver, is he still on the roster? Idk who else would do such a thing.

This is my last chance to tell you DO NOT BLOCK ME. If I am not blocked and no NK occurs it proves someone has withheld the NK at some stage.

We lost the trap so it is up to the block to block the kill. You will be disappointed when you see my role tomorrow.

You understand, if I'm blocked and a NK occurs it prevents the bandwagon on me tomorrow and puts the baddie at risk of lynch. If I were them I wouldn't act, to ensure someone else is lynched. Hell, if I were ME I wouldn't act.

If you all want to lynch me tomorrow go ahead. I probably won't defend any more after saying this now:

Many of you will regret it if I am lynched.