BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Asylum Mafia

Kikacat123

I think Plas as hypo because why there is no double action of a role in results.. I mean The Pretender could copy a role. Don't tell me he is bad copying who is who. Or at least by now, he/she already knows all the roles.

Not everything appears in the NP. Oh well. It kind of sucks if hypo died n1. Do the sane have a secondary wincon?

I wish baddies could act on self. I could have accused plasmid of being the other baddie (self killed n1. Secret indy redirect!) and then NK myself, leaving you all to argue it out amongst yourselves. :D That is, if I could get a kill in...

If I remember correctly, Sane can still win if Hypo is NKed. 

lol, but you're not alone right now! :P

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roster:
Host: Asylum Warden: Kikacat123
Co-host: Deputy Warden: nana77

1. bonanova - voting for Marksmanjay
2. dee_tot - voting for Aura
4. araver - voting for Marksmanjay
5. Marksmanjay
9. Auramyna- - voting for Aura

3. plasmid -DEAD- poisoned by Killers
6. phil1882 -DEAD- executed as Hallucinator
7. onetruth -DEAD- executed as Schizophrenic
8. Boquise -DEAD- executed as Homicidal Maniac
10. Barcallica -RELEASED as MPD
11. mtamburini -RELEASED as Paranoiac

As requested

Roster:

1. bonanova - voting for Marksmanjay
4. araver - voting for Marksmanjay
5. Marksmanjay - voting for Aura
9. Auramyna- - voting for Aura

I am, your's truly, uselessly, compulsively, the Compulsive Liar.

Which leaves 1-2-1-1 or 1-1-2-1 or 1-2-2. I'm leaning towards the last, because I've seen no real evidence of role copying (Traps stopped when trapper died, no one else seens to have used my power, etc). 

Which means we have left a Baddie NK, a Releaser/Save, a 3x Vote, a Blocker, and a Liar remaining.

I think the evidence against both Aura and dee_tot is quite strong at this point, let's get Aura out for now (because voting against dee_tot would be useless at this point)

P.S. Since the Hypo is (probably) dead, Psychologist should release me, because it doesn't hurt you anyways, and you don't know who the blocker (Pyro) might be. Thanks!  ;)

Edit: Oh, missed Aura's apparent forfeit. Good game all (release me please!)

Edited by marksmanjay

IF the Compulsive Liar wouldn't have appeared in the NP OR

IF the Compulsive Liar could have been copied by the Hypo AND the Hypo could copy the roles of dead people OR

IF we didn't lynch a baddie D1 OR ...

There are a lot of scenarios that would have led to a very muddy day today. And I really wanted to claim Hypo just to muddy the waters.

But I'm with bonanova on this. 

I'm sorry that not all goodies can be released though. First, baddies NK them, second, we can't release at a rate of more than 1 per day. 

For the two remaining goodies (if Dee speaks the truth, hence the hype died along with the Hypo N1) to be saved it would take 2 days in a row.

There's one night in between which means a slim chance of a save to work. If we release 1 goodie today, we would need a block tonight to be sure baddie does not NK. Which means a sane would need to be lynched. Obviously the vote manip and not the release guy. Which leaves 1 goodie block + 1 sane save/release  + 1 baddie going into the night. NK blocked leaves two alive against the baddie. So it all depends on the next question:

If a player is released, does that mean his/her vote still counts? E.g. A and B vote for C, C votes for A. It's 2vs1. B gets released. Does it become a tie 1vs1? Or is 2vs1 still counted BEFORE the release?

If the answer to the above is YES, then we might NOT lynch the last baddie today, release the Liar, lynch the vote manip, block the NK, release the other goodie AFTER 2 votes are on the baddie.

If the answer to the above is NO, then I'm not risking a coinflip, sorry. 

Roster:

1. bonanova - voting for Aura
4. araver - voting for Aura
5. Marksmanjay - voting for Aura
9. Auramyna- voting for Aura

Adding my vote on Aura for a quick game finish and between dee and mark, I'd rather release dee for stopping the NK.

However, if the host answers in time and you want to go with the crazy plan of saving both goodies, be my guest ;) Bona would know who to lynch then.

Edited by araver

Day 4 Post: The Final Execution

The residents of Brainden City Asylum gathered around Auramyna, with the exception of one. Dee_tot had been released from the Asylum that very afternoon, after her box of matches and tube of lighter fluid were confiscated. She was last seen heading to the fireworks store, forever an incurable Pyromaniac.

Araver, the Asylum Guard, narrowed his eyes. "So, Aura, you admit it. You're the final Killer!" Dr. Bonanova shook his head in disappointment. "Why, Auramyna? We talked about being kind and constructive in our group session. You should know better."

Marksmanjay insisted, "No, really! I'm the murderer!"

"Shut up!" growled the Guard. "We all found out you're nothing but a rotten little liar!"

He refocused on Auramyna. "You realize I have to execute you now."

"I have nothing to live for," Aura acknowledged.

She grinned evilly. "But if I'm going to die, all of you are going with me!"

Aura leapt onto a table and flung out her arms, revealing that she had slashed the sleeves of her straitjacket. The Asylum Guard began to draw his gun. Aura reached into her shirt pocket and drew a heavy-looking object out. It was a tomato sauce jar. She pitched it at the Guard, where it hit his hand and shattered, smashing the gun.

Aura sprang to the floor and snatched up a long, jagged shard of glass. She clenched it so tightly the others didn't know if the red liquid dripping from her hand was spaghetti sauce or blood.

"Well?" she hissed. "Come and kill me, then."

Araver charged toward her, arms outstretched to strangle the Killer who had murdered so many Patients. Aura nimbly stepped aside like a matador from a charging bull. Araver crashed headfirst into the table and slid unconscious to the floor. Auramyna stabbed his side for good measure before turning to bonanova.

"You should have been a patient in here yourself, you old nut!" Auramyna spat. "Let's see if you can therapy yourself out of this!"

She slashed at him twice with the glass, but the first two attempts bonanova deflected with his trusted clipboard. The third time, however, her makeshift knife broke through the flimsy wood and grazed bonanova's forehead. He backed away, but found himself up against a wall. Aura struck at his head again, but bonanova ducked.

Unfortunately, he wasn't fast enough. Aura's fist caught the top of his head and sent him flying. His skull hit the tile with an unsettling thunk. Bonanova wasn't dead, but he wouldn't be able to escape, either.

Now only Marksmanjay was conscious and able to fight. His eyes widened as Auramyna's narrowed into slits. "It's a wonder you survived for this long, Marksmanjay. Too bad you're going to die now." Aura stepped toward the Patient and swung the glass shard, but Marksmanjay deftly avoided the strike and jumped over to the other side of the table.

Enraged, Aura jumped onto the table herself and crouched, preparing to spring and sink her weapon into Markmanjay's neck. "Any last words?" she cackled victoriously.

Marksmanjay stared somewhere behind Auramyna and looked puzzled. "What are the cafeteria ladies doing with that vat of pasta? It's not spaghetti night."

Aura whipped her head around. "Pasta?" She saw nobody behind her. "Why, you-"

Before she could turn back, she felt a forceful push from behind. "Haha, I lied!"

"No!" she shrieked as she plummeted to the ground. The very tomato sauce jar she had thrown at the Guard had not broken completely, and the spiky bottom half was rushing to meet her. Marksmanjay closed his eyes as the glass punctured her neck with a sickening squish.

The last Killer was dead.

Much later, after the Asylum Guard and the Psychologist were patched up, the Wardens congratulated them for catching the murderers. "Well, Marksmanjay did the actual execution, as you know," they admitted.

"Does this mean I can be released now?" Mark asked.

"Oh, not a chance," the Psychologist chuckled. "But we'll throw a spaghetti banquet in your honor."

That evening, the Wardens were splitting a loaf of garlic bread and discussing the recent events that had taken place at Brainden City Asylum. "You have to admit, it was pretty exciting," Kikacat123 insisted. "What with the murders and all."

"Exciting? More like nerve-wracking," nana77 replied.

"No, really! There's something exhilarating about discovering there are killers among you."

Nana laughed. "You're crazy!"

"Well, maybe I am," Kika accepted. "Maybe we all are."

Congrats to the Sane, mtamburini, Barcallica, and dee_tot, you won!

Thanks to everyone for a great game of Asylum Mafia! Special appreciation goes to nana77 for being an amazing co-host and helping me through difficult patches of the game. I would like to present a secret award to Onetruth for being the most truly sane person in the game, with her quick deductions.

Since I am on my phone and don't have much battery left, actions and roles will follow tomorrow. I hope that you all enjoyed the game despite my lack of experience, and thank you for playing Asylum Mafia!

Edited by Kikacat123

^

You are right. I'm leaning towards the last one, 1-2-2. Which I put by the way before :P

Poor Aura, 4 players with non-baddies, you really couldn't win. :P Onetruth posts and actions really helps us.

Yes. It's seriously messed up that you guys didn't release me but chose to lynch me instead. Without me, you couldn't have won this.

^

You are right. I'm leaning towards the last one, 1-2-2. Which I put by the way before :P

Poor Aura, 4 players with non-baddies, you really couldn't win. :P Onetruth posts and actions really helps us.

Yes. It's seriously messed up that you guys didn't release me but chose to lynch me instead. Without me, you couldn't have won this.

Putting the NK can only be affected by the save confused me :lol: Or I blame my english vocabulary.

Also I didn't vote on you :P

But hey, you won a secret award. Congrats! :)

Thanks for the game.  :thumbsup:

It could have been much more confusing if Plas/Hypo had been alive longer.

@OT - I understand how you feel but

- you've been lynched after a coinflip

- haven't been lynched by the sane alone. And at the time of the lynch, we had a much more viable Hypo candidate to release,

so ... opposite wincons? individual wincons? Not good conditions to make everybody happy.

I do appreciate the help in trapping Aura and I did mention being sorry that we couldn't help back. But until I see the night actions ... I think we had at least one good save out of the two nights regardless of your traps.

There was a secret player in the game. Slick was the escaped lunatic, and had to solve a riddle. After solving the riddle, patients would be given numbers to secretly slip into posts which the lunatic had to find and then use to figure out the combination to win by releasing up to 2 patients.

Slick figured out the riddle in time for patients to be told the numbers to slip into their posts, but then the game ended. The numbers were 2,4 and 1,3. idk what the code was (Kika did not tell me) but I'd guess it was 1234. (insert Spaceballs joke here).

The riddle was:

What strength and might cannot achieve
My tiny frame can do
My powers to release a trap
Seem overlooked by you

Fairies and boxers share something with me
Although I can work alone
The greatest, most powerful of my kind
Shares namesake with human bone

I am safety; I'm security
And in a pinch, defense
For my teeth can bite, yet I have no mouth
Though this may not make sense.

I am often forgotten, lost, misplaced
Tucked away, you'll find I am shy
Now take all these clues and gather them
Riddle me this: what am I?

actions:

aura - nk: n1 plas / n2 barc / n3 araver / n4 nobody

araver - 3xvote: d1  / d2 Araver's vote x3 / d3  / d4 Araver's vote x3
bonanova - save: n1 araver / n2 araver / n3 araver / n4 bonanova
fb/dee - block: n1 self / n2 self / n3 self / n4 aura
ot - trap: n1 plas / n2 aura / n3 aura
barc - 2x: n1 plas block aura/aura trap araver (both fail) / n2 aura block aura/aura redirect mtam to araver (both fail) / n3 ara/ot rolecopy pryo: both fail
marks - liar: n1  / n2  / n3 say aura was blocked / n4 say aura was blocked
plas - copy: n1 free on flame (save on flame)

mtam released d2, barc released d3, dee released d4

Edited by nana77

• 2 weeks later...