BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Asylum Mafia

Kikacat123

One more thing- I had the perfect opportunity to save boquise's life on day 1 by voting. It is day 1, how much heat would a baddie get by voting for a goodie. If bad I could talk my way out of suspicion over breaking a tie when nobody would even realise boq was bad in the first place. It would be far better for me to vote and save boq than to refrain from voting and cut the baddies in half without even clearing me in the process.

It just makes no sense for me not to vote to save him if I am bad. It makes sense for the other voters as they already committed and can't change tack but for me, I was coming in fresh.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Aura

You are trapped, there are no kills ... hmmm.

Refusing to drop any more hints is another way of saying there aren't any.

Ah, but then you refer to D1 vote:

Boq was in a 3-way tie vote.

It was a perfect chance for you to take that he would not be lynched, giving you cover for the rest of the game.

Fortunately for us, and too bad for you, he lost. And now you beg not to be blocked. Why?

I think at this point the jig is up.

@Dee - if you're reading this and want to prove what you said - block Mark, not Aura.

The baddie does not have an offensive action other than kill, which is manageable since we have a save ourselves.

The Indy on the other hand might copy another action and prevent one of us from releasing him tomorrow. 

Think: Aura just demanded not-to-be-blocked. If she were (really) the Indy, she wouldn't have done that.

She can't be claiming something else: there is no Sane or Patient role more important than Psychologist (obviously still alive and kicking and not Aura since he/she acted) and the MPD who could take his place (who was Barc), so there is nothing else behind her want not-to-be-lynched.

Night 4 Post

Auramyna glanced over her shoulder. She was, understandably, on edge after being trapped in both a vent and a kitchen cabinet. There was a small rustling behind her, and a pool table scoresheet fluttered to the floor. Aura's heart was beating at the warlike tempo of a drum. She had just entered the recreation room (used by both the Patients and the sane ones) to try to stop her worry with a game of ping-pong. "Anybody want to play a game?" She called as she took up a paddle.

There was nobody in the room. But there was someone at the door.

Aura felt her breath catch in her chest as the door was slammed shut from the outside. There was a scraping sound, and the lock clicked. Then a cackle of joy from just outside the room.

Aura pounded on the door, but it would not budge. She frantically twisted the handle, only to find that to her horror, it was growing warmer. A deep black smoke began to seep out from beneath the door. The doorframes glowed with an orangish blaze.

Auramyna backed up against the far wall. She picked up the Ping-pong ball and paddle. She knew she couldn't fight this fire. At least she wasn't trapped again. She might as well enjoy a little game while she waited for the flames to die out. However, for now, her only exit was blocked.

In another room, a shadowy form slipped through the halls without making a sound. The Asylum bulletin board, layered with imperative notices and alerts, made only the gentlest flutter as the figure halted in front of it. Ever so carefully, they plucked a tack from the board and stuck it into a sheet of paper, placing the note in the very center. The lettering was identical to the handwriting of the Warden. What was written on the note, however, was a cunning lie.

The Asylum Gaurd and Psychologist held a meeting in the morning to discuss the strangely uneventfully night. No more murders had been committed, and nothing else unusual had occurred all night long. It was very odd indeed.

Roster:

Host: Asylum Warden: Kikacat123

Co-host: Deputy Warden: nana77

1. bonanova

2. dee_tot

3. plasmid -DEAD- poisoned by Killers

4. araver

5. Marksmanjay

6. phil1882 -DEAD- executed as Hallucinator

7. onetruth -DEAD- executed as Schizophrenic

8. Boquise -DEAD- executed as Homicidal Maniac

9. Auramyna

10. Barcallica -RELEASED as MPD

11. mtamburini -RELEASED as Paranoiac

Day 4 ends August 24, 9:00pm Central Time.

The fact that there is no kill again proves a thing. If there is a lie in results, it's not what you think.

I read your post Araver. But I don't understand how the Indy can prevent you from releasing tomorrow, unless of course you're the indy and trying to attempt something. Indy cannot copy day actions.

We lynched a baddie today and hope for the Psychologist to released the goodie. Then you Sanes can released the Indy tomorrow and you win. (Not sure if it work this way, don't want to back read via mobile)

Well there's that option you can win today too :lol: if we lynched the baddie and you released the Pretender.

Roster:

1. bonanova
2. dee_tot - voting for Aura
4. araver - voting for Marksmanjay
5. Marksmanjay
9. Auramyna

@Mark - you are conveniently leaving out the Hypo's abilities. Who exactly are you? (in case you wonder, this is end-game, so kinda your last chance to claim).

@araver - I don't understand your logic. Maybe this will help: I am no longer striving for my wincon.

Right about now there is not much I want more than for the baddie to be lynched and for this game to be over. Right about the time I was framed as the kill by being trapped when n1 nk didn't have a carrier and I asked are kills blocking and found out they block if baddies get NK in before their target, I basically wanted out of this game.

@bonanova - WHAT? I never refused to hint. I made a very clear claim. Second - with only two baddies that would be a terrible chance to take and has no real benefit.

Third - I asked not to be blocked because I wanted to show that the NK is being withheld. When I'm not blocked yet no NK appears, it proves someone is withholding it as no person was blocked/trapped all 3 nights.

@Aura. You've totally convinced me. No one is the baddie.

@dee. I think we're both at a loss to give plasmid a role.

For now I'm putting you as pyro, meaning plas is hypo or liar - he's not a Sane.

Most likely last night's lie was hypo role copying, so plas, behind dead, would be liar.

And that would mean Aura wants to be known as hypo.

Right now, I'm believing you as pyro but golly Aura is so adamant.

Would a baddie act like that?

But then, what other role was MIA while she was trapped?

@Marks. If Aura is pure on this, the mantle falls on you.

Now would be the time to say SOMETHING.

@bonanova - I don't WANT to be known as hypo but I'm not going to win anyway so may as well uncover some roles before I go.

Plasmid is the only one whose role can be claimed. I kinda wish you didn't out your idea of who is who so we could see what marksmanjay said.

I will tell what I know after marksmanjay speaks.

/aura votes jay

Roster:

1. bonanova - voting for Marksmanjay
5. Marksmanjay
9. Auramyna

I am amazed at Aura's persuasion skills.

Plus, she actually has a viable role that she could claim at this point.

@Marks. The same cannot be said for you.

There is no viable role for you to claim at this point.

You have been conveniently silent, and as a Baddie, the least said, the better for you.

There is a slim chance that Aura is the remaining baddie, but got to say the evidence now points directly at you.

Remain silent and confirm your guilt, or tell us something that we haven't yet thought of.

Good  luck.

Roster:

1. bonanova - voting for Marksmanjay
5. Marksmanjay
9. Auramyna- voting for Marksmanjay

Adding Aura's vote and joining the audience waiting for Marks to speak ...

Hahaha. My persuasion skills. This is nothing. Might as well end this now. I was planning to out myself on the 2nd day I was trapped but I was trapped again. Clearly I'm the baddie. I still don't get how a trap blocks night kill when night 1 had no carrier in the night post nor were we asked to choose one. I was hoping nana could explain game design to kika. There are so many contradictions in the design that I planned to be replaced but never got around to it.

Initially when I asked not to be blocked I just wanted to be not blocked and have no NK appear just to confuse everyone (i withheld nk last night) but I always planned to be lynched today. I said I was hypo to try to figure out the real hypo.

All I can offer you, araver, is that hypo must be either plasmid or emjay. Bonanova seemed to weigh it as a possibility that mark was bad. Real hypo would know I was bad and can't risk me staying alive to kill them. Dee seemed to hint at liar. So either marks is hypo OR bona or dee are being crafty OR this whole game was a ruse and plasmid/hypo died n1 (oops).

Aura votes for aura

Edited by Auramyna

I think Plas as hypo because why there is no double action of a role in results.. I mean The Pretender could copy a role. Don't tell me he is bad copying who is who. Or at least by now, he/she already knows all the roles.

Not everything appears in the NP. Oh well. It kind of sucks if hypo died n1. Do the sane have a secondary wincon?

I wish baddies could act on self. I could have accused plasmid of being the other baddie (self killed n1. Secret indy redirect!) and then NK myself, leaving you all to argue it out amongst yourselves. :D That is, if I could get a kill in...