BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Asylum Mafia

Kikacat123

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys? Me being blocked and Aura trapped and no NK means nothing, since block/trap doesn't take precedence over NK. Saves would be shown... so that means that the baddie straight up didn't act. My guess would be Phil because he posted near N1, but didn't say anything D1.

Roster:

Host: Asylum Warden: Kikacat123
Co-host: Deputy Warden: nana77
1. FreeOwn
2. Flamebirde - voting for Phil
3. plasmid -DEAD- poisoned by Killers
4. araver
5. Marksmanjay
6. phil1882
7. onetruth - voting for phil
8. Boquise -DEAD- executed as Homicidal Maniac
9. Auramyna -trapped in vent for N2, D2-
10. Barcallica - voting for onetruth
11. mtamburini

1. FreeOwn
4. araver - voting for onetruth
5. Marksmanjay
6. phil1882
7. onetruth - voting for Phil
11. mtamburini

DEAD:
3. plasmid - DEAD - poisoned by Killers
8. Boquise - DEAD - executed as Homicidal Maniac

I'm gonna follow Barc's vote for now.

OT you have better speeches than that. Say a little about yourself. Your self in this game.

@Flame - I don't particularly like that you knew off the bat that you got blocked. I read the NP three times to figure out if it shows a kill and a save. Or a lie from the Compulsive Liar.

@Aura - thanks for blowing my theory that you self-trapped using meta-posts :P

Couple questions:

1. Does the NP for N2 show a block on Flame?

2. Does the NP for N2 show a kill or a save?

3. Would the NP show an attempted kill stopped by the save?

4. How does the Compulsive Liar change the NP - can he add / delete directly from the NP or can he instruct the host e.g. "Do not show actions on Player X (or Role Y)" or "show actions targeting X as targeting Y"?

5. Can the Hypo copy the Compulsive Liar's ability to manipulate the NP/DP?

6. Are redirects shown in the NP?

7. The Paranoiac being killed and surviving is shown in the NP?

8. Can the Hypo copy Paranoiac's ability to survive the first NK attempt / lynch?

The fire rose higher and higher until it was nearly as tall as the bathroom door frame. Flamebirde hastily checked for any way to escape, but there was none. He steeled himself to be burnt alive.

Despite his concern, there was no need for flamebirde to worry. The blaze was nothing more than an inconvenience. Still, it was disconcerting to have all exits blocked off.

This line is why I think I was blocked. Also, my action didn't go through?

The fire rose higher and higher until it was nearly as tall as the bathroom door frame. Flamebirde hastily checked for any way to escape, but there was none. He steeled himself to be burnt alive.

Despite his concern, there was no need for flamebirde to worry. The blaze was nothing more than an inconvenience. Still, it was disconcerting to have all exits blocked off.

This line is why I think I was blocked. Also, my action didn't go through?

I read the word after you mentioned it. Didn't see it on the phone though.

Also, just trying to be sure you had an action to begin with, without actually placing a vote on you to get you to speak. So ... thank you ;)

This is silly I'm going to mafia side until I get released

Btw, that's not a "sane" option :) Actually, it only makes sense if you're Sane.

- If you're Hypo, screaming to be released is detrimental to your wincon. Going to the Mafia side makes ... even less sense after already lynching a Baddie.

- If you're a Patient, screaming to be released then going to mafia side may lynch a Sane. Worst case scenario, lynching the one doing the releasing (or his/her replacement if plasmid was the original Sane doing the release), in which case, you get trapped in the game.

- If you're a Killer and helped lynched the other killer D1, what's the point of returning to your side? :P

On a related note (don't get angry, it's just a logical argument):

The logical thing for the sane to do (in case there is no obvious baddie) is stick to lynching someone who is clearly not Hypo. That's a no-lose/no-lose scenario. Screaming for release & lynching baddies makes you a perfect candidate for such a "mislynch".

@OT and Flame voting for a (seemingly) inactive Phil - while I do understand it's very likely that there was no NK (however, I'm still waiting on answers from host), I don't understand the lynch the inactive theory (instead of talking) - if we lynch Hypo & the Sane lose, there is no "release" so if you're Patients why would you risk that? Moreover if you're Sane. So, from my PoV - only Killers & Hypo would clearly be (s)careless who they lynch.

1. FreeOwn

4. araver - voting for onetruth

5. Marksmanjay

6. phil1882 - voting for onetruth

11. mtamburini

DEAD:

Adding Phil's vote.

And still no info on the table :sigh:

can trapped sane release?

No, players cannot act if they are trapped, even if they have a day role.

Couple questions:1. Does the NP for N2 show a block on Flame?2. Does the NP for N2 show a kill or a save?3. Would the NP show an attempted kill stopped by the save?4. How does the Compulsive Liar change the NP - can he add / delete directly from the NP or can he instruct the host e.g. "Do not show actions on Player X (or Role Y)" or "show actions targeting X as targeting Y"?5. Can the Hypo copy the Compulsive Liar's ability to manipulate the NP/DP?6. Are redirects shown in the NP?7. The Paranoiac being killed and surviving is shown in the NP?8. Can the Hypo copy Paranoiac's ability to survive the first NK attempt / lynch?

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. Yes.

4. The CL can add one sentence of their writing to the NP or DP. They can't delete things, though.

5. No.

6. The actions are shown, but not the fact that they were redirected.

7. Yes.

8. No.

@Kika - :thanks:  

My understanding is that the NK carrier can be blocked/trapped and thus stop the NK.

I have no incentive to live past today. I doubt that I will get released, so what wincon do I have to work toward? I'm not too motivated either way.

@OT - :huh: NK carrier cannot be blocked/trapped. It's a group kill. In the host's words (carried from signups by plas): "NK cannot be affected by any actions except save." Repeated on page 5: http://brainden.com/forum/index.php/topic/17116-asylum-mafia/?p=339578

I thought we've been over this after N1 where you weren't certain how many kill the baddies have.

And if you truly believed NK could be stopped by targeting a NK carrier - your vote would have been on Flame, right?

I just re-read the OP to see if there's a role secretly wanting to be lynched, but there isn't, so I really don't know what you want - to get lynched?

Way too many inactives to be certain of anything in this game. :dry:

1. FreeOwn
4. araver - voting for mtamburini
5. Marksmanjay
11. mtamburini

DEAD:

No clue = safe bet.

My understanding is that the NK carrier can be blocked/trapped and thus stop the NK.

I have no incentive to live past today. I doubt that I will get released, so what wincon do I have to work toward? I'm not too motivated either way.

I feel your pain I help the sane find a baddie and all they have to do is lynch one more baddy to win.  YOUD THINK I WOULD GET RELEASED FOR THAT RIGHT>!>!?!!

1. FreeOwn
5. Marksmanjay
11. mtamburini - voting for onetruth

DEAD:

No clue = safe bet.

Im never getting lynched this game, I called out a baddie D1 so nice try araver. 

1. FreeOwn
5. Marksmanjay
10. Barcallica - voting for mtamburini
11. mtamburini - voting for onetruth

DEAD:

making it 3 way tie once again.  :excl:

Edited by Barcallica

1. FreeOwn

5. Marksmanjay

10. Barcallica - voting for mtamburini

11. mtamburini - voting for Phil

DEAD:

Not going through that s*** again!

Day 2 Post

All the surviving residents of Brainden City Asylum (with the exception of Auramyna, who was still trapped in the vent) were assembled at the meal hall. Despite the situation, they were at least relieved to not have another 3-way tie.

"The murderer is obviously Phil!" a few Patients called out.

"It's mtamburini," less people cried.

"Onetruth!" a lone figure insisted.

"Alright, I hear you!" The Asylum Guard interrupted. "The last Killer has to die!" The Guard drew a handgun from the holster on their belt. They aimed it at Phil, who stood silent and resigned to his fate. The Asylum Guard slipped a finger onto the trigger. He pulled. The last thing Phil saw was the bullet hurtled towards his head. He closed his eyes, and in the split second between the pull of the trigger and his death, Phil screamed, "No! Leave me, vampires of the darkness!"

As the echo of the gun resounded in the room, the Psychologist turned pale. "I know that Patient. He was the one who had the visions of monsters." The Psychologist spoke to the Asylum Guard, "He wasn't the Killer. He was just the Hallucinator."

"Where's mtamburini?" Interjected a Patient.

"I released him this afternoon," the Psychologist admitted. "He was harmless, just a little paranoid."

The Killer smiled secretly. The tables were beginning to turn.

Roster:

1. FreeOwn

2. Flamebirde

3. plasmid -DEAD- poisoned by Killers

4. araver

5. Marksmanjay

6. phil1882 -DEAD- executed as Hallucinator

7. onetruth

8. Boquise -DEAD- executed as Homicidal Maniac

9. Auramyna