BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia x Mafia

Yoruichi-san

This is fun. Sorry I wasn't here for most of the day on here I had a few things to take care of elsewhere on the interwebs. The tie rule still confuses me after reading through all the clarifications, but if I'm not mistaken since Bonanova created a 1v1v1v1 tie, he would be done for and if I were to vote for say...araver today I would be done for if the votes stay the same? Please correct me if I am wrong Y-San

I feel a decision needs to be made though. I already know Flame is good because I understood exactly what he was hinting at but I don't think araver is bad either. I don't THINK bonanova would cause a tie that caused him to die, but he could also just be doing that banking on the idea that someone will jump in and save him. That leaves Framm and Phil and I think...Framm needs to go.

1) Phil1882
2) Framm18 - voting for Phil
3) Flamebirde - voting for Gmaster
4) bonanova {APR 1} - voting for
Framm
5) GMaster479 - voting for Framm

6) Araver - voting for Flame
7) Nana77 - DEAD [?] killed by Ant Queen

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel a decision needs to be made though. I already know Flame is good because I understood exactly what he was hinting at but I don't think araver is bad either. I don't THINK bonanova would cause a tie that caused him to die, but he could also just be doing that banking on the idea that someone will jump in and save him. That leaves Framm and Phil and I think...Framm needs to go.

The way that I (don't really) understand the tie rule, I was doomed when a tie first came into effect. If I'm wrong about that, the current breaking of the tie saves me. Or I may have APR'd myself to death regardless. It will be as interesting to see how the rules play out as to see if we've successfully lynched AQ.

Edit: I think "tie rule" is a misnomer if anyone dies because of it in the case that at the close of day there is a plurality. Also a rule this complex would benefit from examples embedded within its definition.

@GMaster: You are correct, although it would be the most hilarious mafia ending ever :lol:.

@bonanova: No, you are only doomed if there is a 1v1v1v1v...etc tie at the end of the Day, one of the 1's you were responsible for causing the tie of. No tie, no doom ^_^.

A scenario list would still be helpful. For example, first voter names player A. I, as second voter, name B, creating a tie. During the day anything and everything happens. At the end of the day, someone, not me, votes for B, creating a tie. I would die because I was the first person to vote for B. That is a lot to keep track of. Or, is it the case that because sometime during the day I changed my vote from B to someone else I erase the history of initially voting for B?

Edit: I see 25 users have been on BD in the past 5 minutes. Good for BD!

Day 1

Framm was napping beneath the shade of an immense oak tree. He was having a strange dream, in which he and Araver went on a quest to save Araver’s true love from captivity, which was going smoothly, when everyone abruptly starting shooting everyone else in the face with shotguns. Groaning, his eyes popped open.

He was greeted with the sight of everyone in his dream standing over him, frowning. “Hey, whats up?” he asked absentmindedly, noting a strange itch in his neck.

“It’s been a long and confusing Day and we just decided we needed to kill somebody,” bonanova informed him.

“Okay, sure, makes sense,” Framm shrugged.

Gmaster smiled at him and patted Framm on the shoulder. “Glad you understand,” he said before giving the rope in his hand a hard yank.

Framm’s body was pulled sharply up into the air by the noose around his neck. There was a loud crack, it twitched, and then fell stonily silent.

Chairman: Yoruichi-san

Roster:

1) Phil1882
2) Framm18 - DEAD [Killua] lynched
3) Flamebirde
4) bonanova
5) GMaster479
6) Araver

Night 2 begins now, ends tomorrow 7/19 at 9PM CST!

Edit: grrr...stupid ​ symbols...

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Ah, well I didn't say my action showed up. My ROLE did.

Yay, that's ... actually not improving your previous answer.

Short recap:

- you're dodging why you voted GM in the first place

- you're dodging why you don't want a tie with Framm as sole survivor

- you mentioned then backed out of a too harsh claim

- you still don't mention why you're voting Phil atm

So, not changing my vote.

1. I voted GM as to put more pressure onto one person as opposed to spreading out the votes and having a tie. Like now, for instance.

2. Because if Framm turned out to be AQ or Nefer, that would be a ridiculously pitiful way to end the game. but if you want that tie, I'll go for it.

3. Well, at least someone else got it.

4. Because he has said nothing, and although he may be a goodie, better an inactive than an active.

Anything else? :)

D1 the one where everyone was conveniently late. :dry: Even the lynched one.

Oh, how I wish for the ability to end the day at will.

@Flame - I still don't get it and still don't trust you. I'm super glad GM does because I don't trust him either. I said what I said and I meant what I meant. You cannot claim to be neither me nor she. True, with a mislynch and an APR-trigger happy we might not even get to D3.

@Nefer - I have an inkling you'll be using Nana's action tonight. If so, please target the Ant Queen so that we get a good lynch tomorrow.

Saving yourself may protect you during the night, but not ensure you win the next day's lynch ;)

@Knuckle - get your act together pls. Killing a goodie at this point is a fatal blow to the faction.

Night 2

By the light of the half-moon, the two chimera ant squadron leaders silently and skillfully stalked their prey. One, a wolf-insect hybrid with a lean and hungry look, glanced sideways at his companion periodically. The other, a crustacean-insect hybrid, was mentally oscillating between the task at hand and his secret plans to move up the chain of command.

Suddenly their target, Phil, halted, as if alerted by something. The two chimera ants quickly ducked behind nearby trees to avoid detection. A few moments later, they shared a telepathic signal and simultaneously peaked back out into the clearing.

Phil was no where to be seen.

Chairman: Yoruichi-san

Roster:

1) Phil1882
3) Flamebirde
4) bonanova
5) GMaster479
6) Araver {APR 0}

Day 2 begins now, ends tomorrow 7/20 at 9PM CST!

1) Phil1882

3) Flamebirde - voting for araver
4) bonanova- voting for araver
5) GMaster479 - voting for araver
6) Araver {APR 0}

Methinks he doth protest too much. 1 out of 3 is good odds.

1) Phil1882
3) Flamebirde - voting for araver
4) bonanova- voting for araver
5) GMaster479 - voting for araver
6) Araver {APR 1} - voting for Flame

Voting for Flame because the result of my action N2 - Flame targeted Phil.

And the result of my N1 action, which I've told you before in a convoluted way, is Nana targeted GM and that was visible in the night post. And I CCed Flame when he started claiming side-ways.

Incrementing my APR because I don't really care about dying, my vote is needed today. Thanks Knuckle. Now since you know I will eventually die, care to join the lynch?

Killua is dead, Gon is not. Scissors. If I fail it will show you my above claim is true.

If we don't get either AQ or Nefer in this lynch, I fear there's no way to turn this around.

Oh, and Phil not speaking and having plasmid as a mentor does not preclude him from being AQ or Nefer. Or anyone else. Either his mentor can power play him or he just chose not to post.

Are you saying plas could have killed Nana?

Yes, Plas/Phil could have. But that was not my point. Leaving meta-gaming aside (there's a "last seen" box that shows when one has been on last time), it is conceivable that Phil acted N1 and even N2 either himself or his mentor in his place.

N2 from what you all can see: AQ targeted Phil. Nefer/Killua saved Phil. Knuckle gave me APR. Since Killua is dead it's pretty obvious who saved Phil. And what motivation would anyone but Phil have to save Phil?

From my PoV and what I said in a post above: Gon acted N2. Palm acted N2. So 5 out of 5 were active. Which includes Phil.

Again, my vote is on Flame b/c he targeted Phil N2. Either Phil saved himself (in which case he is Nefer and Flame is AQ) or not (in which case Flame is either Nefer or AQ). Either way, Flame needs to go.

I need both Gon and Knuckle on board for this lynch.

Again, my vote is on Flame b/c he targeted Phil N2. Either Phil saved himself (in which case he is Nefer and Flame is AQ) or not (in which case Flame is either Nefer or AQ). Either way, Flame needs to go.

I need both Gon and Knuckle on board for this lynch.

Underlining your motives to side with me during this day when a mislynch can be avoided (as it's still 3 vs 1 vs 1):

- Gon has good chances to have my claim validated at the end of the Day. Why lynch me?

- Knuckle already knows that I will have APR +2 at the end of D2 b/c 1 cycle passed (N2+D2) + I voted willingly. So I will be dead at the end of D3 anyway when I get APR +1 again. That is if I don't act N3 (and I won't since I have nothing else to find). Why lynch me?

To make it clear I'm gonna re-ask the host so that there's no misunderstanding:

1. Since I was APR-ed N2 and voted D2, will I get APR +2 at the end of D2?

2. If I act during N3 will I get APR +1=3, hence die at the end of N3?

3. If I don't act during N3 and even if I don't vote during D3, will I get APR +1=3, hence die at the end of D3?

And how do we know that you aren't Nefer? If you were, you knew Nana's role, you could claim her role, then tell everyone she was the block. Then you could frame me for claiming that role. Yes, there would be no reason for Nefer to save Phil... unless you were delibrately trying to throw everyone else off. It was a gamble, but I bet you were willing to take it. The chances of the AQ targeting you was slim, because s/he would've wanted to keep the pressure on me. I think that Araver is Nefer. by declaring yourself as an enemy of me, the AQ let you live.

And how do we know that you aren't Nefer? If you were, you knew Nana's role, you could claim her role, then tell everyone she was the block. Then you could frame me for claiming that role. Yes, there would be no reason for Nefer to save Phil... unless you were delibrately trying to throw everyone else off. It was a gamble, but I bet you were willing to take it. The chances of the AQ targeting you was slim, because s/he would've wanted to keep the pressure on me. I think that Araver is Nefer. by declaring yourself as an enemy of me, the AQ let you live.

You can't know. The others can reason it though. Who would gamble (with a save in hand while someone has a kill) to NOT save self? And if inclined to gamble, what are the chances to pick ANOTHER player out of 4 options, the exact one targeted for the kill?

Btw, maybe it was too subtle, but by declaring myself enemy of you during the night I was trying to protect us both from the kill on the chance the AQ left us to quarrel for the next lynch. Whilst I investigated you. Which I did. And came back to vote with a certainty this time ;)

Here's my proposal: If you publicly claim AQ, we can turn the lynch to your target the night before (Phil). This way, you don't die today, Nefer does not pass GO and doesn't get a RID kill.

You do understand that even if I'm lynched, once it's obvious I was telling the truth, no matter what the AQ does, Nefer will save self the next night and join the remaining goodies in voting you off tomorrow. You cannot win.

To make it clear I'm gonna re-ask the host so that there's no misunderstanding:

1. Since I was APR-ed N2 and voted D2, will I get APR +2 at the end of D2?

2. If I act during N3 will I get APR +1=3, hence die at the end of N3?

3. If I don't act during N3 and even if I don't vote during D3, will I get APR +1=3, hence die at the end of D3?

1) Yes.

2) Yes, unless Knuckle removes the APR or dies.

3) Yes.

About 6 more hours left in the Day.