BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia x Mafia

Yoruichi-san

Deep in the numerous underground caverns comprising her lair, the Ant Queen lounged on the accumulation of bones that improvised a throne.

She ran one long feeler along the curved surface of a giant egg. It was made of a translucent material, and inside a dark form pulsed. My son…she cooed telepathically.

The chimera ant soldier cleared coming through the passageway cleared his psychic throat. Your majesty, your next repass has been prepared. Would you like your servants to bring it now?

Of course, the Ant Queen answered without looking at him. I must feed so that I may create more soldiers for our army. Hunters, I must have Hunters! They taste so marvelous and engender soldiers of such strength!

The ant soldier bowed and was about to retreat when suddenly he felt an enormous menacing aura overwhelm him from behind, sending a shudder quaking down his spine.

Neferpitou, good, I have a task for you...the Ant Queen addressed the newcomer.

“Sorry, I don’t take orders from you,” the cat-insect hybrid member of the royal guard replied. “I serve the King.”

She hopped effortlessly onto a rocky ledge and perched there, letting her legs hang. She casually eyed the egg and the Ant Queen. And when the King is born, they’ll be no use for you anymore...

post-7969-0-76328000-1405392772_thumb.pn

Balancing upside down on one hand, Gon inhaled and focused his nen into that palm. Abruptly, he pushed it out, and the burst sent his body upwards. Gritting his teeth, he concentrated on maintaining his elevation by maintaining the nen emanating from his hand. Sweat trickled down his face and extended arm but the boy ignored it, determined. He would become stronger, faster, a better Hunter. He had to, for Kite...

A short distance away, in a clearing, Killua sensed the jump in his friend’s aura, and paused. Electricity crackled from his down and around his lean, pale form. Gon was pushing hard in his training, and Killua would have to too. He wouldn’t be left behind.

In a second, Killua’s super-speeding figure vanished from the sight of Shoot, who was flying over above, riding on a nen-generated hand. The boy had come a long way, they both had, but would they be ready for the battle that was to come? For that matter, was he? A shiver of fear crept down his spine.

“Good boy,” Knuckle scratched one of the dogs he was feeding behind the ears and laughed as it licked his cheek. He pushed the food dishes further towards them. “You eat up now, I have to train some more so that I can protect you and everyone else from those chimera ant monsters.”

Suddenly he whipped around, alerted by the snapping of a twig. “Who’s there?” he demanded, his face set in a challenging, no-nonsense expression.

From the shadows of trees emerged a willowy form with long dark hair. “I found you with my nen ability,” Palm explained. “It’s time to begin. Are you ready?”

Knuckle grinned. “Bring it on!”

post-7969-0-51454300-1405393127_thumb.pn

The Ant Queen: (Wincon: remains alive in game until Hunters are all killed/removed) May target one player each Night to kill and devour. Learns the identities of those devoured. (Not a nen ability.)

Neferpitou: (Wincon: remains alive in game until Ant Queen, Gon, and Killua are killed/removed) Necrophiliac member of the royal guard, she learns the identities of the deceased, and each Night may choose to use either (but not both) of her nen abilities.

Terpsichora: May puppeteer the bodies of the dead. May use the nen abilities of one of the deceased. (All actions appear done by the puppet, i.e. character of the deceased, not by Terpsichora)

Doctor Blythe: May save someone from death. *In the Night Post it will be indistinguishable whether the save was done by DB or Killua

***In addition: if the Ant Queen is lynched, she may use the enormous power of her en (aura) to destroy the psych of a player and remove them from the game if she can correctly identify their role. She may attempt to use this ability any Night/Day cycle, but not two in a row (cannot be blocked or saved from but still counts if the attempt is unsuccessful).

Hunters (Wincon: Ant Queen and Neferpitou are killed/removed)

Gon: Intuitive and determined, any Night may use his nen ability of Rock, Paper, Scissors to try to discover the role identity of his target the following Day. During the Night, he will choose a target and a bid (Rock, Paper, or Scissors), and the following Day, his target will be informed they must choose a bid. If Gon wins, he learns the role identity of his target after the Day Post, if he loses, his target learns his player identity, if it is a tie, nothing happens. If the target players fails to choose a bid by the end of the Day, Gon wins by forfeit.

Killua: An adept semi-reformed child assassin, any Night may use his nen ability of Godspeed to whisk a player away to safety and protect them from death. May not protect the same player two Nights in a row. *In the Night Post it will be indistinguishable whether the save was done by DB or Killua

Knuckle: Hot-headed but soft-hearted, any Night may use his nen ability to attach APR to a player. Under APR, every Day/Night cycle, and when the player acts or votes, interest is added. Once interest is added 3 times, the player goes bankrupt and is removed from the game. Only one player may be under APR at a time. Knuckle may choose to remove APR from a player at any time (will go through with the Night/Day Post), if reattached to a player it was removed from, the counter resets. APR attachment will be announced on the roster, if Knuckle dies, APR vanishes.

Shoot: Careful, perhaps a bit too careful, any Night may use his nen ability to trap his target in a cage and prevent them from acting. Cannot trap self.

Palm: Determined and a bit too persistent at times, any Night may use her nen ability to follow a player and find out their target.

***Host Rules***

Game ends once one faction reaches its win condition.

Kill attempts, successful saves, and blocks will be shown in the Night Post. Everything else is up to the creative license of the host.

I hate ties so if there's a tie, everyone in the tie dies and the last player who added, removed, or changed their vote also dies.

My general rule of thumb is that actions are initiated at Night/Day but only through during the transitions b/w Night and Day so will the results will not interfere with other actions unless otherwise stated.

Please direct questions to the host in purple. Thank you.
And have fun ;)!.

Chairman: Yoruichi-san
Roster:

1) Phil1882
2) Framm18
3) Flamebirde
4) bonanova
5) GMaster479
6) Araver
7) Nana77

Sorry for the delay, was having image issues and spent waaay too much time on the logo :lol:. Roles will be sent out shortly. Please confirm in this thread once you have yours!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, an additional rule I forgot to add, that's usually not necessary to point out, but just in case (since information can't be undone):

No direct reproduction of information from outside the thread in the game thread (i.e. copy and pasting from your role PM).

Is there a prize for correctly identifying all the characters in the logo? ^_^

Lol, actually the logo is the "MafiaxMafia" thing I made to resemble the HunterxHunter logo. It's not quite right, the F is messed up, but I had already wasted too much time indulging my semi-obsessive aesthetic tendancies :rolleyes: . If you can identify the characters in the picture though, I'll sent you a high five through cyberspace ;).

Okay, so...I just realized I made an error sending the role PM's...which has never happened to me before :blush:. I'm going to re-roll, your new role PM's will be sent to you immediately and since most have already confirmed Night 1 will end as scheduled at 9PM CST tomorrow 7/16. Thanks for your cooperation.

Night 1

GMaster bounced down the sidewalk. His hand holding the lottery ticket was shaking with excitement as he checked the numbers against the screen in his other hand...again. There they were, a perfect match...he had hit the jackpot! He grinned. Maybe now he could finally buy that Greed Island game everyone was talking about…

He was so elated he didn’t even notice the shadow which had been stalking him for the last several blocks. As he paused in front of an intersection, waiting for the light to change, he suddenly noticed by the light from a street lamp that there was a silhouette behind him. He turned and…

...a cage sprung out around him, seemingly from nowhere. Startled, GMaster didn’t realize he had let go of his paper boon until it was too late. The ticket wafted down down...through the open gutter nearby.

“Shoot!”

Humming to herself, Nana filled in the last square of the Einstein puzzle she was working on and sat back with a satisfied grin on her face. Another one solved. Time to reward herself with some nice caramel brownie ice cream. She hopped up and headed to the fridge.

As she was pulling open the freezer door, however, suddenly her kitchen door burst open and two strange figures entered. One was some sort of humanoid lion/insect hybrid, the other a somewhat less humanoid turtle/insect hybrid.

“Finally, a tasty treat for our Queen,” the turtle thing hissed.

“Sorry, but I’m not sharing,” she proclaimed, hugging the pint protectively.

The lion thing grinned menacingly. “He wasn’t talking about the ice cream…”

Roster:

1) Phil1882
2) Framm18
3) Flamebirde
4) bonanova
5) GMaster479
6) Araver
7) Nana77 - DEAD [?] killed by Ant Queen

Day 1 begins now, ends tomorrow 7/17 at 9PM CST!

RIP Nana. :(

On another note, what information do we have? I assume Gmaster was blocked, not trapped? Also, are kills blocking and if the Ant Queen is blocked, will the kill go through?

Roster:

1) Phil1882
2) Framm18
3) Flamebirde - voting for Bonanova
4) bonanova
5) GMaster479
6) Araver

Random vote for now.

RIP Nana. :(

On another note, what information do we have? I assume Gmaster was blocked, not trapped? Also, are kills blocking and if the Ant Queen is blocked, will the kill go through?

Yes, no, no, all in the rules ;).

Sorry, I forgot to add Knuckle's APR when I posted the roster:

Roster:

1) Phil1882

2) Framm18 - voting for Araver

3) Flamebirde - voting for Bonanova

4) bonanova {APR 0}

5) GMaster479

6) Araver

Roster:

1) Phil1882
3) Flamebirde - voting for Araver
4) bonanova {APR 0}
5) GMaster479
6) Araver

Sorry, Y-san. :blush:

Changing my vote to Araver as Bonanova already has APR. I vote Araver as to put more pressure onto him as opposed to spreading it out.

Roster:

1) Phil1882

4) bonanova {APR 0}

5) GMaster479

6) Araver - voting for Framm

Ironically, killing Nana N1 was my choice before the re-roll. Wondering who else thought the same? Starting with Framm since GM was blocked and can't be Queen.

Since the Ant Queen & Nefer*** already know who Nana was, it will be pretty easy to narrow the others if we give too much info. And I fear lynching the Ant Queen before N is going to be counterproductive.

I will tell you I acted N1. I can't add a suspect to the table yet.

Roster:
1) Phil1882
4) bonanova {APR 0} - voting for GMaster
5) GMaster479

What a shame Nana learned who owns the fish, but can't share the info with us.

Random vote for GMaster.

EDIT: dammit, didn't see page 3.

Roster:

1) Phil1882
2) Framm18 - voting for Phil
3) Flamebirde - voting for Gmaster
4) bonanova {APR 0} - voting for GMaster
5) GMaster479

I'd prefer to get everyone to talk; next vote is Phil. Also, doesn't Bonanova have more APR?

Edited by flamebirde