BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia x Mafia Sign-ups

Yoruichi-san

Mafia x Mafia

The Ant Queen: (Wincon: remains alive in game until Hunters are all killed/removed) May target one player each Night to kill and devour. Learns the identities of those devoured. (Not a nen ability.)

Neferpitou: (Wincon: remains alive in game until Ant Queen, Gon, and Killua are killed/removed) Necrophiliac member of the royal guard, each Night may choose to use either (but not both) of her nen abilities.

Terpsichora: May puppeteer the bodies of the dead. May use the nen abilities of one of the deceased. (She learns the identities of the deceased. All actions appear done by the puppet, i.e. character of the deceased, not by Terpsichora)

Doctor Blythe: May save someone from death. *In the Night Post it will be indistinguishable whether the save was done by DB or Killua

Hunters (Wincon: Ant Queen and Neferpitou are killed/removed)

Gon: Intuitive and determined, any Night may use his nen ability of Rock, Paper, Scissors to try to discover the role identity of his target the following Day. During the Night, he will choose a target and a bid (Rock, Paper, or Scissors), and the following Day, his target will be informed they must choose a bid. If Gon wins, he learns the role identity of his target after the Day Post, if he loses, his target learns his player identity, if it is a tie, nothing happens. If the target players fails to choose a bid by the end of the Day, Gon wins by forfeit.

Killua: An adept semi-reformed child assassin, any Night may use his nen ability of Godspeed to whisk a player away to safety and protect them from death. May not protect the same player two Nights in a row. *In the Night Post it will be indistinguishable whether the save was done by DB or Killua

Knuckle: Hot-headed but soft-hearted, any Night may use his nen ability to attach APR to a player. Under APR, every Day/Night cycle, and when the player acts or votes, interest is added. Once interest is added 3 times, the player goes bankrupt and is removed from the game. Only one player may be under APR at a time. Knuckle may choose to remove APR from a player at any time (will go through with the Night/Day Post), if reattached to a player it was removed from, the counter resets. APR attachment will be announced on the roster, if Knuckle dies, APR vanishes.

Shoot: Careful, perhaps a bit too careful, any Night may use his nen ability to trap his target in a cage and prevent them from acting. Cannot trap self.

Palm: Determined and a bit too persistent at times, any Night may use her nen ability to follow a player and find out their target.

Chairman: Y-san

Roster:

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

Back-ups:

A)

B)

C)

(Okay I confess, it took quite a bit of self-control to make most of the roles fairly straightforward...HxH has so many interesting abilities that I could have so much fun with...maybe I'll make a more complicated version in a few months if/when mafia activity is back up ;))

Holding my nose and jumping into the pool...

Chairman: Y-san

Roster:

1) Phil1882

2) Framm18

3) Flamebirde

4) bonanova (that's with a lower case b)

5)

6)

7)

Back-ups:

A)

B)

C)

What is nen?

What are Necrophiliac's nen abilities?

What is APR -- or is that obvious?

If Gon loses RPS, his target learns Gon's identity?

Questions about the indy.

1) does she learn the identity of the dead only if using the control dead ability, or automatically regardless of power used

2) when are the roles of the dead learned

3) how many of the dead are learned (all, or just the last killed, or just the one asked about)?

Questions about the indy.

1) does she learn the identity of the dead only if using the control dead ability, or automatically regardless of power used

2) when are the roles of the dead learned

3) how many of the dead are learned (all, or just the last killed, or just the one asked about)?

1) automatically, good question, I'll rephrase her RD to make it more clear for the game thread

2) after the Night Post

3) all, although I think the answer to the first probably already answered the other two, lol

Roster:

1) Phil1882

2) Framm18

3) Flamebirde

5)

6)

7) Nana77 (or can back-up or mentor as needed)

Back-ups:

A) plasmid

B)

C)

I'll switch from backup to player in a couple of days if signups haven't filled by then, but will leave a couple spots open for people new to mafia.

Does an indy win end the game and make the goodies lose?

For Knuckle's APR ability, does it start counting APR on the night that it's used -- meaning that the target will probably go into the next day phase with 2 APR (one due to the night phase passing and one due to their night action that night) and then die at the end of the upcoming day phase?

Does Shoot's trap act like a block, or does it act more like what I typically think of as a trap by also saving and preventing the trapped player from voting and being voted for the next day? If the latter, is the indy prohibited from continually self-trapping to make themselves invincible and guarantee that they'll outlive their wincon targets?

Does an indy win end the game and make the goodies lose?

For Knuckle's APR ability, does it start counting APR on the night that it's used -- meaning that the target will probably go into the next day phase with 2 APR (one due to the night phase passing and one due to their night action that night) and then die at the end of the upcoming day phase?

Does Shoot's trap act like a block, or does it act more like what I typically think of as a trap by also saving and preventing the trapped player from voting and being voted for the next day? If the latter, is the indy prohibited from continually self-trapping to make themselves invincible and guarantee that they'll outlive their wincon targets?

1) Yes, good question, I'll clarify that in the game rules.

2) No, doesn't start counting until it's attached, which occurs after the Night Post, and it is added every Night/Day cycle (i.e. Night/Day1) not every Night and every Day, so it wouldn't be added until the end of Day 1 in that example.

3) It's a block, I'm not familiar with your definition of "trap", I use it descriptively, in reference to the theme. I know different hosts use different terminologies, that's one of the reasons I try to explain how abilities work instead of just using keywords ^_^.

Edited by Yoruichi-san

What is nen?

What are Necrophiliac's nen abilities?

What is APR -- or is that obvious?

If Gon loses RPS, his target learns Gon's identity?

1) Lol, for brevity's sake, just consider it a descriptive term that categorizes the role abilities of all the roles except the Ant Queen. ^_^

2) Terpsichora and Doctor Blythe (descriptions under Neferpitou's role description). She can use one or the other. I'm considering adding an additional ability at this time, as well, in case the Ant Queen dies early ;).

3) I'm actually not sure, I don't think they defined the acronym in the series this is themed after, but what the APR ability does is explained in Knuckle's RD (role description).

4) Yes.

So who gets the extra role? ;)

Um...I think you're probably misreading Neferpitou's RD...she has two abilities that she can choose from. I probably should have chosen a less subtle shade of green lol.

Sad thing is, is I think I read it correctly the first time...

Framm this is a sign you've played in too many of my games...

1) Phil1882

2) Framm18

3) Flamebirde

5) GMaster479 (or can back-up or mentor as needed)

6)

7) Nana77 (or can back-up or mentor as needed)

Edited by Gmaster479

Awesome :D. I'll get the game thread up tonight after I get back from work.

Note: Neferpitou will have an added ability - If the Ant Queen is lynched, she may use the enormous power of her en (aura) to destroy the psych of a player and remove them from the game if she can correctly identify their role. She may attempt to use this ability any Night/Day cycle, but not two in a row (cannot be blocked or saved from but still counts if the attempt is unsuccessful).

Edited by Yoruichi-san

i could probably use a mentor. i have a general gist how to play, but am still a little unclear.

for example, to we kill a person based on majority vote or unanimous? if majority, what happens if there is a tie?

and in this mafia there are only 5 good guys. so its gonna be pretty tough it seems to identify him before he eliminates them, unless when you get down to just one good guy, he can kill the bad guy himself.

i could probably use a mentor. i have a general gist how to play, but am still a little unclear.

for example, to we kill a person based on majority vote or unanimous? if majority, what happens if there is a tie?

and in this mafia there are only 5 good guys. so its gonna be pretty tough it seems to identify him before he eliminates them, unless when you get down to just one good guy, he can kill the bad guy himself.

Good questions! The answers to those are actually sometimes different for different hosts. I usually add a 'Host Rules' section in the rules, this time I forgot, sorry :blush: ...but it'll definitely be in the game thread.

The answers in this case are:

1) Lynches are by plurality vote

2) (This is my personal rule ;P) I hate ties so if there's a tie, everyone in the tie dies and the last player who added, removed, or changed their vote also dies.

Anyways, game thread will be up within the hour ^_^.

Lynch is majority, and ties are usually a coin flip though it varies game to game. Ties on day 1 might mean nobody is lynched, so have to ask the host each game if the op does not say.

Goodies find baddies by trying to "read" others to see who sounds like a goodie and who does not.

Also need to ask what happens in a 1 vs 1 situation. Sometimes it is coinflip, sometimes the baddies always win 1 vs 1, sometimes it is a tie.

I can mentor if Plas plays.

I could mentor. Just include me when you PM the role.

For the questions you mentioned, the lynch votes during the day phases generally just require a plurality: whoever has the most votes gets lynched -- killed with their role publicly revealed. While there are only 5 goodies and 2 non-goodies, some of those goodies have abilities that can give them information to identify other players as definite or probable baddies. And there's a sort of intangible aspect to the game of figuring out who seems to be acting weird and likely baddie based more on reading someone as if they were playing poker rather than pure logic. And of course, there's a reasonable chance that even if the goodies have no idea what they're doing they might lynch the baddie or indy with pure random luck.