BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

(Game Thread) NBM

Magic_luver101

FYI I am home now (in real life) from a 2-week trip and can pay better attention to things.

One thing I'm not clear about is how we know, or not, the roles of people who get killed.

Does it matter, for example, whether the perp was a goodie or a baddie?

e.g. we know BMAD was Mayor but not sure who Phil was.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The role of players who are killed at night is generally not shown. Having some of the players out of the game with their roles still unknown makes it possible for baddies to try to claim that they have a dead goodie's role, and therefore not risk being counterclaimed. In games where the baddies have a player with a spy ability, it's a common move to spy the player they're killing in order to be able to safely claim the dead player's role in the future without being counterclaimed.

The role of players who get lynched is generally shown. This allows goodies to draw conclusions based on who voted to lynch a goodie, or in games where there are multiple baddies, who was unduly reluctant to lynch someone that turned out to be a baddie.

Tonight was not going well for Flame he just couldn't seem to find his way home. Kika was popular tonight. Sandy Claws offered to walk her home and it’s a good thing he did. On the trip there they ran into troublesome some trio and a big old swarm of bugs.

Day 2 ends at 8am on the 30th (I will be out late at Pride Fest tomorrow =D )

1. Flamebirde
4. bonanova
5. Kikacat123
6. plasmid - voting for Flamebirde
7. Framm18 - voting for Bonanova

2. BMAD - lynched as mayor
3. phil1882 - killed N1

Well Flame, you got blocked and the indy didn't do any kidnapping.

Now that you're not kidnapped, you're free to talk.

I know there's a strong possibility that Flame is the Indy now, but shouldn't we focus on finding out the baddie instead? I mean, yes, the Indy wants Jack dead if he isn't already, but Oogie Boogie is the true threat. Would somebody please put my vote on Framm18 until he gives the group some information?

I now agree with Framm's first notion and Kika's new belief that Flame is likely the Inddie.

I know very little about both plasmid and Framm, except that they have supplied the most thorough analyses so far.

It would seem a tricky/difficult thing to do if either were the baddie, but by now it seems to have narrowed to one of them or me.

I took Framm's advice about making a grid which has been helpful, and most of what is uncertain to me now is the action of redirect.

From the Newbie's Guide, redirect is applied to both roles and objects of actions. I'm assuming the latter, but that's only a guess.

I'm with Kika about finding the baddie; so, I will cast my vote for plasmid, who doesn't seem to be voting for a baddie candidate.

If it helps figure things out at all, I can say that I acted both nights.

How do we intrepret Magic's statement in post 57: Flame ... just couldn't seem to find his way home. ?

1. Flamebirde
4. bonanova - voting for plasmid
5. Kikacat123 - voting for Framm18
6. plasmid - voting for Flamebirde
7. Framm18 - voting for Bonanova

2. BMAD - lynched as mayor
3. phil1882 - killed N1

Bonanova: I read it the same as N1 that they were blocked. [Edit: Along with the fact that Lock didn't act last night seems to suggest this as well.]

Kikacat: Unless you can say for sure Jack is alive (I can't) then honestly, the Indy is the biggest threat at the moment, but talking is good and I will leave my vote on the baddie at the moment. ;)

Edited by Framm 18

There's a very good reason not to vote for the baddie candidate right now. The indy's wincon is to outlive both the goodie redirect and the baddie. If he does that, then the game ends with a win for the indy and a loss for the goodies.

There is a fairly good chance that Phil was the goodie redirect. If Phil was the redirect and we lynch the baddie now, the indy wins and we lose.

The goodie wincon (updated in post #4) is to kill both the indy and the baddie. If the goodie redirect is dead, that means we have to kill the indy first.

Well, suppose Phil was Jack. In that case, the Indy would be even more motivated to kill the baddie, because it would fulfill the Indy's wincon. Even if Jack is still alive, the Indy would want the baddie dead just as long as Jack is dead or will be killed before the baddie. I really think that since the baddie can Night kill, he is the bigger threat as long as Jack could be alive. Even if he's not, we don't know how much information the Indy has at this point.

I just really think that the baddie should be our main focus in this lynch.

Let's think about it this way. I could be one of 5 roles that are still alive, right? The best case scenario, 4 goodies and either the indy or the baddie. Probable scenario, 3 goodies and both the indy and the baddie. I can't be the mayor, and I will say this: I acted both nights.

"Sandy Claws offered to walk her home and it’s a good thing he did. On the trip there they ran into troublesome some trio and a big old swarm of bugs."

So, does this mean that the save saved kika from both the kill and the indy? I assume the troublesome trio was Lock, Shock and Barrel.

EDIT: oh, and let's not forget that I can't be Sandy Claws either; I was blocked.

Edited by flamebirde

It has come down to three people to be the baddie: bonanova, plasmid, and Framm. Can any of you tell the group why we shouldn't think you are the baddie? One of you we know must be Sandy Claws, and the other most likely Sally. We really need an informed decision for this Day's lynch.

If you lynch the baddie now, unless you know for sure that Jack is still alive, you have a very good chance of making the indy achieve his wincon and thereby making the goodies lose the game.

If you lynch the indy now, you have the chance to hunt down the baddie in the next lynch. We know the block is still alive, so they can also try to block someone on Night 3 and see if either the save or the baddie kill doesn't appear in the night post.

Just to make sure (because sometimes this isn't the case): Is the baddie's kill blockable?

I realize that if Jack is dead, the Indy will win if we don't kill him before the baddie. The trouble is that we (likely) know the Indy, but the baddie is yet unknown. That's why I think the three possible baddies left should give some indication of whether they can prove their innocence.

Is the baddie's kill blockable?

It would seem so, but still is good to ask.

Phil was killed by the swarm; the trio must mean LSB. Both, apparently, were thwarted last night.

That is, both seemed to provide cause for saying "it's a good thing ... "

All told, it seems most likely that Kika is Zero, Phil was Jack, Flame is LSB.

That would leave myself, plas and Fram as baddie, Sally and Sandy, in the listing order, not necessarily respectively.

Clearly I have a strong bias about the last statement but, agreeing with plas, to say why might be to say too much, today.

Allright. I claim Santa.

If you don't believe me, and if you don't lynch me now, you can ask that I be blocked Night 3. Santa's save won't appear. If I were not Santa, there would be no good reason for the real Santa to not use the save, so when it fails to appear you will be able to know that it must have failed to appear because I got blocked.

Edit: added "when it fails to appear"

Edited by plasmid