BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

(Game Thread) NBM

Magic_luver101

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would submit an action but i'm not even sure what to do. like aren't we supposed to chat or something?

do i just randomly accuse people of being a goodie/baddie and vote?

Well now your dead so you are out of the game, I did suggest you all read the Newbies guide to mafia. Also if you had questions you should have asked. I realize a lot of you are new but i can't help you if I don't you are struggling.

Edited by Magic_luver101

1. Flamebirde - Kidnapped

2. BMAD
3. phil1882 - DEAD
4. bonanova
5. Kikacat123
6. plasmid
7. Framm18 - Voting for Plasmid

Random at the moment. Especially since FlameBirde can't be voted for.

Can Boogie's Kill be blocked?

Can Lock Trap Himself and if so can it be multiple times?

Can we vote for a trapped player? (Normally I know no, but just checking)

Can Boogie's Kill be blocked?
Block>Redirect>Save>Kidnap>Kill>Find target In other words yes it can be
Can Lock Trap Himself and if so can it be multiple times?

Just like every other player their action can be used on themselves
Can we vote for a trapped player? (Normally I know no, but just checking)

No

Edited by Magic_luver101

2. BMAD
3. phil1882 - DEAD
4. bonanova
5. Kikacat123
6. plasmid - voting for Framm

Is the kill blocking? (i.e. does it block the action of the victim during the night that they're killed)
Does Jack's redirect appear in the night post if it's used?

I'll hold off asking if we're using OOA or OOP since that would confuse everyone except Framm.

We know that Flamebirde can't be the baddie since Kidnap > Kill and the kill happened while he was kidnapped.

Kikacat can't be any of the actions that appeared in the night post {block, save, baddie, indy} so is guaranteed to be a goodie. Well, I guess she could be the goodie block and could have self-blocked, but that would just be silly.

So out of Framm, BMAD, Bonanova, and myself lurks the baddie and likely the indy (unless Flamebirde is the indy and self-trapped, or phil was the indy and kills are not blocking). Or if Jack's redirect doesn't appear in the night post even if it's used, then it's also possible that phil was the baddie and got redirected to himself.

Usually people won't drop hints to get voting pressure off of themselves if they only have one vote on them, but since this is a small game and for the sake of getting new players accustomed to how we roll, I'll say that I submitted an action for N1.

And now I'll give Framm an excuse to give a little bit of Mafia tutorial to the new players.

Is the kill blocking? (i.e. does it block the action of the victim during the night that they're killed)
Does Jack's redirect appear in the night post if it's used?

To make this game new player friendly i will simply be running thew the actions in this order
Block>Redirect>Save>Kidnap>Kill>Find target

(so ooa for those that know this)

Redirects will not be shown.

Edited by Magic_luver101

I'm going to re-read the guide for newbies.

This is a much richer game than what I first saw it to be.

Plasmid's analysis suggests to me there will be a quick solve, except I'm not sure yet how complex the redirect action makes the whole process.

Thanks to the mod for giving us extra time this first day and for the colorful commentary.

Eeeew, Phil, that must have been horrible.

2. BMAD
  3. phil1882 - DEAD
  4. bonanova - voting for plasmid
  5. Kikacat123

I agree with Plas.

Ignoring the potential redirect this is what I have...

I honestly don't think that Flamebirde can be anyone other than Indy, granted he could be the subject of being framed, but unlikely in my opinion. Especially with that type of wincon for Lock...

Kika is most definitely good.

Bonanova, is tricky but I also think is good, but needs to discuss.

Phil is dead and eliminated from being Baddie or Indy.

BMAD, Plas, and I are obviously unknowns, and honestly that can probably be figured out by tomorrow.

If you think Flamebirde is very likely indy, the order of actions has both block and redirect trumping kidnap.

I've made a role narrowing by claiming that I submitted an action on night 1... if you look at the roles' abilities, that would make sense with only three of the five goodie roles. I'd rather not rule myself in or out as being the redirect since both the indy and the baddie would like to see the redirect dead (the indy because it's part of their wincon, and the baddie because if the redirect is known to be dead then the goodies know they can't kill the baddie until after they've killed the indy) and the goodies should definitely try to avoid that scenario. So if you want me to say any more to get the votes off, let me know what I could say that wouldn't give away too much.

Bonanova, is tricky but I also think is good, but needs to discuss.

BMAD, Plas, and I are obviously unknowns, and honestly that can probably be figured out by tomorrow.

I don't doubt it will be figured out by tomorrow, but not by me.

I'm learning from you guys how to draw inferences.

Having few players obviously helps, but I would not have gotten as far as I have read on my own.

And btw I hope there are follow-on games.

So if you want me to say any more to get the votes off, let me know what I could say that wouldn't give away too much.

The newbie guide does not say explicitly, but it seems implied, that a vote can be changed.

I will make that assumption, and on the basis of discussion change my vote to BMAD.

2. BMAD
  3. phil1882 - DEAD
  4. bonanova - voting for BMAD
  5. Kikacat123

If this is not permitted, then, simply ignore the changed vote. :blush:

If you reread the thread (pg. 2) then certain people can only be certain roles, and unless I have missed something Jack is either dead or didn't act. Granted this is again assuming (only real thing I have to go on at the moment) certain common actions went through the way they normally do.

I don't want to out anybody, but BMAD or Plas have the highest chance of being bad in my opinion. But I also would prefer to get Lock out of the way today if at all possible and I don't think we can.

A way that I tend to try and play the game is kind of create a sort of logic grid to sort out the players. It isn't foolproof but it does help to narrow down certain roles.

I asked Magic if the redirect shows up in the night post if it's used, and they said it doesn't. So I don't think we can conclude that Jack is dead or inactive.

I'm also not entirely convinced that Flamebirde is indy. It's almost equally plausible that a new player is the indy and wouldn't even have thought of self trapping and was just acting randomly, or that an experienced player is indy and trapped Flamebirde in an effort to frame him by arguing that it would be a natural indy strategy to trap himself since his wincon is to outlive other players. But (so people who don't know who the regular mafia players are can be on the same page) Flamebirde is certainly experienced enough that it's very believable that he figured that self-trapping would be the best strategy as the indy.

How does Zero's ability work?

Does he get told "The baddie NK target on the previous night was [role that got killed]"?

Or does he say "Tell me who [player] targeted" and then get told "[Player] targeted [other player] in one of the previous nights"? And can Zero submit an action on night 1 and learn who a player acted on during night 1?

Edit: changed "I don't think we can say if Jack is dead or inactive" to "I don't think we can conclude that Jack is dead or inactive."

Edited by plasmid

My analysis:

Flamebirde must be indy or goodie other than zero. Either way, he is no threat (or could even be on the goodie side).

BMAD is unknown.

Phil1882 is not baddie, of course, and not Indy either. He could be zero, just speculation.

Bonanova is also unknown.

Since I was blocked, I cannot be anything but Mayor or Sally or zero.

Plasmid is unknown, but I doubt he is Indy.

Framm18 is unknown, but he may be the baddie.

I have no hard evidence yet, but I think I'll have to go with BMAD as my vote. If you are a goodie, I sincerely apologize.

Could someone put my vote on BMAD, please?

(From my iPhone)

Edit: fixing typos

Edited by Kikacat123

Roles that acted for sure:

Boogie

Sally

Sandy

Lock

Roles that should have acted:

Jack

Zero

Role that can only act during day?:

Mayor

Phil claimed inactivity (and I shouldn't use this but hard not to) plus Mod confirmation points to him being Jack, Mayor, or Zero. Other player I have that fits that description is Kika ( again assuming Flame is Indy).

That is where I am getting my thoughts and claim that Jack is dead/blocked.

Framm's trying to paint you as indy based on the argument that, since the indy's wincon is to outlive two other roles, the strategy that would make the most sense would be to continuously self-kidnap so you can't be killed at night or lynched during the day.

In one of my posts earlier I argued that I think he's biting too hard on that idea, and it seems equally likely that a new player is the indy and just kidnapped someone randomly, or that an experienced player is the indy and trying to frame you.

If Phil wasn't the block (which he probably wasn't) then it might be nice if the block flips a coin to decide whether to block you tonight. If you get blocked and the indy's kidnap still happens, you would be cleared. But if you're not the indy, I wouldn't want the real indy to know for sure whether you're going to be blocked because if they know you will be blocked they would just not act, so you would be framed.

If Phil wasn't the redirect, then it would definitely be nice if you got redirected, no coin flip needed. If the kidnap doesn't happen on who they redirect you to, then you would be cleared. And if you're not the indy, then the real indy wouldn't know who you're going to get redirected to and couldn't intentionally act on that person to try to frame you. (Of course, the redirect could only discern anything if you don't get blocked.)

Edit: changed "to" to "too"

Edited by plasmid

let's try and run with that plan then. We can basically either clear me or force the indy to waste their action, if the block goes through. If it's the redirect, then that's fine as well.

incidentally, couldn't BMAD have saved himself if he was the mayor? I don't think there's a lynch frame though.

It's rare to have a bunch of people on Brainden at the same time nowadays, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask if anyone would be interested in joining a game of Asylum Mafia that I'll be hosting here in a few weeks. It requires 12 players, is unorthodox, and I hope will be really fun. Any volunteers?

It's rare to have a bunch of people on Brainden at the same time nowadays, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask if anyone would be interested in joining a game of Asylum Mafia that I'll be hosting here in a few weeks. It requires 12 players, is unorthodox, and I hope will be really fun. Any volunteers?

Maybe. Howzabout posting the OP so we can check the design out? Unless it has a ton of secret rules, it's usually good practice to have people look it over and offer opinions on things like balance, and check for any mechanics that could foreseeably lead to undesirable scenarios (like stalemates or massive outing).