BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Posts and Titles

Kikacat123

I have been poking around this forum for some answers to my questions, but I cannot find them.

1. What is the system for the number of things you post before advancing in a title? (Newbie, advanced, superior, etc.)

2. How many titles are there?

3. How are VIPs granted their title?

4. Where do "stars" come in on all this?

5. Do stars go 1-5 or only 1-4 or what?

Please help me make sense of this system.

• Upvote 1

1. 0-19 Newbie, 20-99 Junior,100-499 Advanced, 500+ Senior.

2. Those four plus VIP, Moderator, and Admin. (I think that's it)

3. VIPs I cannot recall too much about. I think they are only comprised of people who joined up before a certain date. (not sure)

4/5. Stars are the members rating, similar to movie, hotel or restaurant ratings. You can rate other members on their profile page. The stars shown is their average rating.

• Upvote 1

hey Kikacat - will try to add what i can. hunted for the info myself and could not find the page that i think explained the member titles. etc and was originally linked to from the "Important: Read Before Posting" page. Even that page was not too easy to find (had to click the register link as a guest - maybe there's an easier route).

1. think OmegaScales has this one. will add that after 1000 posts a dialogue box on your settings page allows you to select your own member title

2. again as OS said, those four and your own after 1000 posts. The title under your avatar is the group title and those for right now are Members, VIP, Moderator, and Admin.

3. rookie1ja chooses when/if new VIPs. last time around he consulted with the moderators but it's up to him.

4. & 5. the stars below the avatars on posts (1-4) i believe correspond to the Newbie, Junior, Advanced, Senior and above. There is also a rating system on each members profile page of 1-5 stars which is not widely used.

hey Kikacat - will try to add what i can. hunted for the info myself and could not find the page that i think explained the member titles. etc and was originally linked to from the "Important: Read Before Posting" page. Even that page was not too easy to find (had to click the register link as a guest - maybe there's an easier route).

1. think OmegaScales has this one. will add that after 1000 posts a dialogue box on your settings page allows you to select your own member title

2. again as OS said, those four and your own after 1000 posts. The title under your avatar is the group title and those for right now are Members, VIP, Moderator, and Admin.

3. rookie1ja chooses when/if new VIPs. last time around he consulted with the moderators but it's up to him.

4. & 5. the stars below the avatars on posts (1-4) i believe correspond to the Newbie, Junior, Advanced, Senior and above. There is also a rating system on each members profile page of 1-5 stars which is not widely used.

That's correct ;)

Let me know if you want to know further details or if you have any suggestions to improve anything.

1. Board Guidelines - link in the bottom right corner of every page (rules for all forum sections)

2. Important: READ BEFORE POSTING - in forum sections view (those are forum rules specific for each forum section)

Fun fact - actually the stars below avatars on posts are "Bonanova Gold Stars". Original forum picture for that differed initially.