BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

• Answers 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Couple of mistakes though; Tiger isn't in the Zodiak, lion is, but I do agree that tigers are one of the most revered animals in Asian culture. And I think cartoonist would have been a more fair discription of the person who creates Tony, as he isn't meant to exagerate a tigers appearance. Also, line 4 says 'A caricaturist makes it say the same', I guess the same meaning line 3's 'revel in its name', but Tony isn't talking about himself or tigers when he said they're great, he is talking about the cereal. Anyway, I still think if you let me get away with the deer/dear play on words a cartoon of a deer saying 'yes, dear' would have fit quite nicely! LOL
:P

1) As Noct pointed out, the tiger is indeed part of the Zodiac (Chinese). This was not even part of the riddle though, it was just one example of the innumerable instances where tigers are celebrated.

2)Tony the Tiger is a caricature of a tiger. If you think that the artist did not mean to exaggerate the animal's appearance, then take another look at the box and compare it to a photo of a tiger.

3)Yes, 'say the same' refers to the previous line. He does not need to be talking about himself when comparing what he says with what others say. If I say 'they're great' referring to oranges and you say 'they're great' referring to apples, we have said the same thing even though the object of our 'revelry' is completely different.

1) As Noct pointed out, the tiger is indeed part of the Zodiac (Chinese). This was not even part of the riddle though, it was just one example of the innumerable instances where tigers are celebrated.

2)Tony the Tiger is a caricature of a tiger. If you think that the artist did not mean to exaggerate the animal's appearance, then take another look at the box and compare it to a photo of a tiger.

3)Yes, 'say the same' refers to the previous line. He does not need to be talking about himself when comparing what he says with what others say. If I say 'they're great' referring to oranges and you say 'they're great' referring to apples, we have said the same thing even though the object of our 'revelry' is completely different.

Well I was goona say mountain lion, I think the Bonanova direction had me going, Bot gonna loose sleep - actually I did. Shame you did,nt keep it going, twas like lookin fur oirates gold - ah jim lad!