BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

• Answers 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

This remind me very much for the Coca-cola add with Santa.My answer is Santa.

Found on the northern snow and on the southern plain

Even though many have bested this game

Millions still revel in its name

A caricaturist makes it say the same

Just thought this one up, hope you all like it

This one isn't cracked yet? This should help: bonanaova has the closest guess.

a bear or a buffalo

Polar bears cannot be found in south pole...penguins cannot be found in north pole....what can it be???

Edited by storm

Polar bears cannot be found in south pole...penguins cannot be found in north pole....what can it be???

Be careful not to jump to conclusions here. Nothing is said about poles. And also, caricatures do not have to be only black and white (which is mentioned in multiple posts).

Found on the northern snow and on the southern plain - Horses are found in both places

Even though many have bested this game - Horse is a game played with a basketball

Millions still revel in its name - People get a "horse" throat?

A caricaturist makes it say the same - The type of caricature that the shape of the horse is made by using the letters (can't remember the name of it)

Found on the northern snow and on the southern plain - Horses are found in both places

Even though many have bested this game - Horse is a game played with a basketball

Millions still revel in its name - People get a "horse" throat?

A caricaturist makes it say the same - The type of caricature that the shape of the horse is made by using the letters (can't remember the name of it)

To have 'bested' or 'beaten' the game of H-O-R-S-E is a bit awkward to say. You can beat someone else, but can you beat the game itself? It's like saying you bested chess, but you really bested your opponent.

Also, the word revel is a positive word, meaning to take great pleasure or delight in, or to celebrate. From my experience, a "horse" throat is nothing in which to revel.

Why didn't we see this before? It's deer (or dear, for part 3).

Sorry, no. I like you're answer, but it doesn't make sense with the fourth line. Also, for the third line you are using a completely different word (though they sound the same). The answer does not involve any grammatical tricks, it is just 1 word.

It looks like everything that could possibly be it has been named, except the answer of course ;) I never expected this one to last more than a day, actually. Here's what I had in mind:

tiger

Tigers span all over Asia, from the Siberian snow down to the Indian plains

They are still around despite near extinction from hunting. All tiger species are considered endangered.

One of the most important animals in many Asian cultures, highly symbolic, 1 of the zodiac signs, etc...

to take great pleasure and delight - to revel. Who eats Frosted Flakes? Not me, but Tony sure does. And what does he say?

It looks like everything that could possibly be it has been named, except the answer of course ;) I never expected this one to last more than a day, actually. Here's what I had in mind:

tiger

Tigers span all over Asia, from the Siberian snow down to the Indian plains

They are still around despite near extinction from hunting. All tiger species are considered endangered.

One of the most important animals in many Asian cultures, highly symbolic, 1 of the zodiac signs, etc...

to take great pleasure and delight - to revel. Who eats Frosted Flakes? Not me, but Tony sure does. And what does he say?

Couple of mistakes though; Tiger isn't in the Zodiak, lion is, but I do agree that tigers are one of the most revered animals in Asian culture. And I think cartoonist would have been a more fair discription of the person who creates Tony, as he isn't meant to exagerate a tigers appearance. Also, line 4 says 'A caricaturist makes it say the same', I guess the same meaning line 3's 'revel in its name', but Tony isn't talking about himself or tigers when he said they're great, he is talking about the cereal. Anyway, I still think if you let me get away with the deer/dear play on words a cartoon of a deer saying 'yes, dear' would have fit quite nicely! LOL

:P

Couple of mistakes though; Tiger isn't in the Zodiak, lion is, but I do agree that tigers are one of the most revered animals in Asian culture. And I think cartoonist would have been a more fair discription of the person who creates Tony, as he isn't meant to exagerate a tigers appearance. Also, line 4 says 'A caricaturist makes it say the same', I guess the same meaning line 3's 'revel in its name', but Tony isn't talking about himself or tigers when he said they're great, he is talking about the cereal. Anyway, I still think if you let me get away with the deer/dear play on words a cartoon of a deer saying 'yes, dear' would have fit quite nicely! LOL
:P

Tigers are in the Chinese Zodiac.