BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafiaception Sign-up

Yoruichi-san

Okay, so this isn’t technically a ‘mafia’...no one dies, no factions. Every player is out for themselves and the game ends when 3 players reach their win conditions. Those 3 are awarded first, second, and third place, respectively.

The roles:

Nanashi: Chooses a player and a positive integer and finds out if that player’s role has more or less than that number of letters or chooses for all actions on himself to be nullified for the Night. Wincon: Correctly RID Faceless and Random and be incorrectly RIDed as Alucard.

Faceless: Chooses a player and a positive integer and finds out if their role is divisible by that number or chooses a player on whom all actions will be nullified for the Night (cannot choose self). Wincon: Correctly RID Random and L’estranger and be incorrectly RIDed as Nanashi.

Random: Chooses a player to get two letters from their role (randomly chosen from the letters he hasn’t gotten yet) or chooses a player to randomly redirect. Wincon: Correctly RID L’estranger and Mystique and be incorrectly RIDed as Faceless.

L’estranger: Chooses a player to find out if their role is above him on this list or below him or chooses a player to redirect all actions on himself to. Wincon: Correctly RID Mystique and Candide and be incorrectly RIDed as Random.

Mystique: Chooses a player to find out if their role has even or odd number of letters or chooses a player to appear to have ‘switched’ identities with for the Night. Wincon: Correctly RID Candide and Alucard and be incorrectly RIDed as L’estranger.

Candide: Chooses a player and a letter and finds out if that player’s role contains that letter or chooses a player all actions on whom will be redirected to himself. Wincon: Correctly RID Alucard and Nanashi and be incorrectly RIDed as Mystique

Alucard: Chooses a player and a positive integer and finds out it that player’s role is more or less than that number of roles away from him on this list (is considered to ‘wrap around’) or chooses a player whose action will be nullified. Wincon: Correctly RID Nanashi and Faceless and be incorrectly RIDed as Candide.

General rules:

Each player may submit and action and one RID guess a Night.

No actions will be shown in the Night Post. Instead it will simply be a list of what RID guesses were made, not specifying who made which RID and which are correct.

Players will only get feedback about their actions if they choose the information gathering action, and feedback will not state who their target was (i.e. whether they were redirected), only the information they received from their target. If their actions are nullified, they will be informed it failed.

During the Day, players may place a vote for a player whose role will be publicly revealed. However, every player has an one-use lynch deception, which will allow them to appear as whichever role they would like. Must PM the host the role they would like to appear as before the Day ends. Only counts as being used if the player is actually lynched.

In case of loops,nullify>redirect, then alphabetically by role. In case of multiple actions on the same player, all actions will occur, in alphabetical order by role.

I reserve the right to make changes before the game starts ;).

Host: Y-san

Roster:

Okay, so this isn’t technically a ‘mafia’...no one dies, no factions. Every player is out for themselves and the game ends when 3 players reach their win conditions. Those 3 are awarded first, second, and third place, respectively.

The roles:

Nanashi: Chooses a player and a positive integer and finds out if that player’s role has more or less than that number of letters or chooses for all actions on himself to be nullified for the Night. Wincon: Correctly RID Faceless and Random and be incorrectly RIDed as Alucard.

Faceless: Chooses a player and a positive integer and finds out if their role is divisible by that number or chooses a player on whom all actions will be nullified for the Night (cannot choose self). Wincon: Correctly RID Random and L’estranger and be incorrectly RIDed as Nanashi.

Random: Chooses a player to get two letters from their role (randomly chosen from the letters he hasn’t gotten yet) or chooses a player to randomly redirect. Wincon: Correctly RID L’estranger and Mystique and be incorrectly RIDed as Faceless.

L’estranger: Chooses a player to find out if their role is above him on this list or below him or chooses a player to redirect all actions on himself to. Wincon: Correctly RID Mystique and Candide and be incorrectly RIDed as Random.

Mystique: Chooses a player to find out if their role has even or odd number of letters or chooses a player to appear to have ‘switched’ identities with for the Night. Wincon: Correctly RID Candide and Alucard and be incorrectly RIDed as L’estranger.

Candide: Chooses a player and a letter and finds out if that player’s role contains that letter or chooses a player all actions on whom will be redirected to himself. Wincon: Correctly RID Alucard and Nanashi and be incorrectly RIDed as Mystique

Alucard: Chooses a player and a positive integer and finds out it that player’s role is more or less than that number of roles away from him on this list (is considered to ‘wrap around’) or chooses a player whose action will be nullified. Wincon: Correctly RID Nanashi and Faceless and be incorrectly RIDed as Candide.

General rules:

Each player may submit and action and one RID guess a Night.

No actions will be shown in the Night Post. Instead it will simply be a list of what RID guesses were made, not specifying who made which RID and which are correct.

Players will only get feedback about their actions if they choose the information gathering action, and feedback will not state who their target was (i.e. whether they were redirected), only the information they received from their target. If their actions are nullified, they will be informed it failed.

During the Day, players may place a vote for a player whose role will be publicly revealed. However, every player has an one-use lynch deception, which will allow them to appear as whichever role they would like. Must PM the host the role they would like to appear as before the Day ends. Only counts as being used if the player is actually lynched.

In case of loops,nullify>redirect, then alphabetically by role. In case of multiple actions on the same player, all actions will occur, in alphabetical order by role.

I reserve the right to make changes before the game starts ;).

Host: Y-san

Roster:

1. BMAD

I think I may be the only one who doesn't get these mafia games but I will give it a shot....hopefully I don't die first :)

3 short q:

1. is ' counted as a letter? (expecting no)

2. What does switch imply? (mystique) do all rids for role x fail during the switch? EDIT: I wanted to ask if this switch affects correctly ridding mystique? (more to the point I feel it makes it impossible unless mystique is blocked)

3. Rid results are sent to players?

Edited by araver

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, something weird happened and apparently I missed this post

3 short q:
1. is ' counted as a letter? (expecting no)
2. What does switch imply? (mystique) do all rids for role x fail during the switch? EDIT: I wanted to ask if this switch affects correctly ridding mystique? (more to the point I feel it makes it impossible unless mystique is blocked)
3. Rid results are sent to players?

1. No, letters as in letters of the alphabet.

2. For all actions, the roles appear switched. The RID guess each player submits is not an action, and is hence unaffected (as well as being unaffected by redirects/nullifiies etc.)

3. No. As clarified in 2, the RID guess is not an action, and in all my games, feedback is not given unless otherwise specified.

Edited by Yoruichi-san