BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Young Justice

Yoruichi-san

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've defended myself as best as I can and won't be around for the next 12 hours or so, so au revoir and clinging on to a small hope to be alive tomorrow morning!

Y-san doesn't appear to be here, but officially Day should have ended 26 minutes ago (as of my post time). Hopefully, if you're good, Impulse buys it and is saving you.

I've defended myself as best as I can and won't be around for the next 12 hours or so, so au revoir and clinging on to a small hope to be alive tomorrow morning!

Y-san doesn't appear to be here, but officially Day should have ended 26 minutes ago (as of my post time). Hopefully, if you're good, Impulse buys it and is saving you.

I am here :P. Like I mentioned before, expect the Post 30-60 minutes after the end of the Night/Day.

(Be up in a minute or so ;))

I am here :P. Like I mentioned before, expect the Post 30-60 minutes after the end of the Night/Day.

(Be up in a minute or so ;))

I only said "doesn't appear to be here" b/c I didn't see you or room for you on anons at the bottom of the thread :) No worries, I was just saying it seemed to be too late for him to hope for vote changes.

Day 3

The audience was a sea of somber faces as they led the condemned up to the gallows. The executioner had to drag him along by chains attached to manacles around his hands, since a sack hung over his head, obscuring his vision.

“Die, scum!” a disheveled old woman called out, and lobbed a rotten tomato at the prisoner. Her cry was echoed, and so was the projecting of over-ripe fruit (yes, apparently tomatoes are fruits).

“Noo...you’re wrong!” the prisoner cried, although his voice was muffled by the burlap. “I’m innocent, I swear!”

But the only replies were boo’s and hisses and a measured yank on the chains.

After the unfortunate fellow was in place, the executioner placed a thick rope around his neck and secured it tight. Then the black-masked man nodded to a hunch-backed, warty faced man on the ground, who pulled the wooden lever with a loud creak.

The hatch on the platform below the condemned opened and his body dropped down. Cheering erupted in the crowd. A sickening crunch rolled through the air as his neck snapped, and his lean body convulsed in midair.

The cheering continued for a few minutes, then abruptly died down as the figure continued convulsing. Shouldn’t he be dead by now? The audience exchanged perturbed looks.

The executioner scratched his hooded head, then pulled the rope tighter. The body convulsed more violently for a couple seconds more, then the movement seemed to dampen. The executioner shrugged, then moved off the platform to confer with the lever-puller. The hanged man’s motion appeared to come to a stop. There was a half-hearted reiteration of the cheering, but it had taken on a cautious, uncertain tone.

The scraggly lever-puller stepped up to the unmoving form and gently...carefully...reached out a finger to poke it. There was one final jerk, and then the body was stone still.

Letting out a sigh of relief, the lever-puller turned to the audience and gave them a haggle-toothed smile. Then he reached out and pulled the bag off, revealing...

YJSuperboy.jpg

...the cold lifeless form of dee_dot.

The lever-puller gave a start, then stammered, “wha...what is this?” and glanced around for the executioner...

...who was nowhere to be found.

Watchtower: Y-san

Roster:

1. Aaryan - REMOVED [Vandal Savage]
2. Panther
3. dee_tot - DEAD [Superboy] Lynched
4. Kikacat123
5. Araver - DEAD [?] Killed by "The Light"
6. Vommack
7. Kingofpain
8. Flamebirde
9. Minesweeper - DEAD [Red Arrow] Lynched
10. MikeD - DEAD [?] Killed by "The Light"

11. ShadowAngel7

Night 4 begins now, ends 9PM CST tomorrow 6/19!

(@Shadow: Yeah I think it times you out after a while, Posts take a while to write ;), but no worries, just wanted to reassure everyone that their favorite demon cat turned mafia host was on the prowl ;P)

Edited by Yoruichi-san

So, Yoruichi-San, what do you have to say for yourself? Demon cat?

But seriously, dee tot being killed isn't good. KOP has to be a baddie, for reasons otherwise stated and also the fact that the baddies only needed to know one of the roles as they already knew Kingofpain's role.

So, Yoruichi-San, what do you have to say for yourself? Demon cat?

Uh...meowhahahaha? :P

Or...

Ha, heir Schrodinger...look who's the outside the damb box? ;P

Edit: Clarification: The "cannot target the same player twice in a row" restrictions only apply to role abilities, not, for example, the mafia BTSC NK.

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Oh wow... this does not look good for me at all... I have no defense because I have no clue how the baddies found my identity :/ They are obviously switching the kill to make it seem like I am a baddie...

My only proof of innocence can be that I can promise to follow a guaranteed goodie in tomorrow's vote (someone everyone agrees is a goodie).

Night 4

(In a world far far away...and yet closer than you might think...)

“Hurry!” the dark-haired woman urged as she watched in horror the scene playing out in distance from her 6th floor window.

It was coming. And it was annihilating everything in its wake.

The tall man she was speaking to shook his head. “I can’t rush this...if I calibrate the frequency incorrectly the ship will be torn apart by secondary harmonic oscillations in the vortex...”

There was a loud crash as something solid and large impacted the side of their building, probably projected as a result of a compression front.

The infant cradled in the woman’s arms began to cry, and she gently rocked him and cooed, “sssshhhh...it’s alright, my love, everything will be alright,” but the look in her eyes as she glanced back out the window said definitively otherwise.

Dust and the debris from collapsed buildings, torn-up roads, and god knew what else floated up in mid-air, suspended by the anti-gravity field of the antimatter wave...the wave that was approaching, fast.

The baby cried louder.

“Almost there...” the man grunted, turning a few tight knobs, “...there! I got it!”

The woman bounced the baby one final time and hustled over to the small traveling ship. With a doleful expression on her pretty face, she leaned over and planted a gentle kiss on her son’s forehead. “Take care my love,” she whispered, and placed the infant and the hope of her world into the tiny vessel.

Taking her hand in a firm yet comforting grip, the man gave his son one last fatherly pat on his tiny hairless head and then closed the ship’s hatch. Then he exchanged a final meaningful look with his wife as the building began to shake and disintegrate, and pressed the button on the machine.

The cries of the baby rang out through the dimensional walls as his parents’ faces disappeared into the blinding darkness.

(Somewhere over the rainbow...on “Earth Prime”)

The girl mentally chewed on the end of a pencil (seriously, who used pencils these days?) as she stared at the blank document in front of her on the computer screen.

It stared back.

Bah, she thought. Writer’s block is a b....

Her speakers emitted a beep, indicating she had a new message in gchat. She tabbed to it.

It was a friend from college, asking: “Hey, how’s it going?”

“Terrible,” she replied, “I’m trying to think of ways to kill ppl.”

“Uh...”

“For the game I’m hosting,” she added hastily. “I can’t think of anything interesting to write.”

“Oh...what’s it about?”

“DC superheroes and stuff,” she answered, pursing her lips.

“You can’t think of anything to write about DC superheroes?”

“No, I can think of plenty to write about DC superheroes, but I can’t use it...”

“Why not?”

Because it has nothing to do with the game, she thought, but her fingers froze on the keyboard as a mental representation of the inextricably convoluted storylines she had been reading about on wikipedia for the last two days popped into her head. Hmmm....

“Talk to you later,” she told her friend. “I have a Post to write...”

(Back on Earth 1.1....or was it 1.2...?)

ShadowAngel strolled down the boardwalk, donning an aura of self-assurance. She paused and patted the bulge in her pocket, smiling to herself.

“Hello, dear,” a smooth voice accosted her. “So we meet again.”

A smile spread over Shadow’s face. She turned, “So we do...hello Queen.”

An interested expression spread over the dictator’s olive complexion. “Well, you seem different...”

“Oh, I am...” Shadow replied slowly, as her hand slipped into the pocket. Abruptly, she drew it out and thrust what was in at the slim-figured woman.

A golden lasso wound around Queen Bee’s neck, holding her still. “What’s this?” the queen choked, grasping unfruitfully at the inexplicably strong coil.

“Just a piece I borrowed from...a friend,” Shadow replied, twisting the other end around her wrist. “Now, as you can see, I am immune from your charms.”

“No...” Queen Bee coughed. “You can’t do this...I’m...the Qu...Queen! You mu...must love...me!”

Shadow tsked. “Puh-leeze. Haven’t you heard of Machiavelli? It’s better to be feared than to be loved.”

“Perhaps,” a voice interrupted from seemingly out of nowhere.

Shadow spun around, and then covered her eyes as a violet light erupted in front of her.

“I’m sure Sinestro would agree with you,” remarked the violet-glow-enveloped woman who glided forward, levitating off the ground. “You two would make a great pair, I think, but unfortunately for you, he’s not here.”

“Who are you?” Shadow demanded, clutching the Lasso of Truth more tightly.

“Me? Well, I had a name when I was but a human, but now that the Zamarons have bestowed this gift upon me, I no longer need it.”

“Gift?” Shadow echoed suspiciously.

The mysterious woman giggled. “Yes, this gift...of love. Let me show you the true power of love...the true power of the Star Sapphires.”

The violet glow around her stretched and surrounded Shadow in its blinding aura. Queen Bee closed her eyes and few moments later felt the noose around her neck loosening. When she opened her eyes she was greeted by the sight of Shadow’s limp, lifeless form, which was seemingly vanishing into thin air.

“Wha...what did you do?” she stammered out.

The mysterious woman smiled. “Just righting a wrong that should never have existed, a perturbation in the fabric of space and time itself.”

The queen kept staring at the fading figure, then, when it was completely gone, finally asked, still clearly shaken, “And me? What do you plan to do with me?”

Instead of answering, the woman floated over to her and tenderly placed a hand on her temple.

Queen Bee felt a wave of warmth wash over her, soothing her, calming her, and her eyes slowly slid closed...

“Are you alright?” a girl’s voice asked.

The dictator of Bialya sat up and shook her head. Something seemed be fading away from her, a memory, a glimpse of something she shouldn’t have seen...she tried to catch it, but it evaporated like a wisp of smoke.

The girl in front of her held out a cup. “Some water, you should drink it.”

“Yes...” Queen Bee said slowly, taking the cup. “Thank you, uh...”

“Kika,” the girl answered, giving her a bright smile. “Kikacat.”

Queen Bee took a long sip, and then felt herself returning. “Kikacat...” the queen repeated, and a seductive smile slid over her face. “That’s a very pretty name. Please, let me show you my thanks...”

Roster:

2. Panther
4. Kikacat123
6. Vommack
7. Kingofpain
8. Flamebirde

11. ShadowAngel7 - DEAD [?] Killed by "The Light"

Day 4 begins now, ends 9PM CST tomorrow 6/20!

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Well balls... there goes the one person I was practically sure of being good :/ It could be a coincidence, but perhaps the baddies are trying to target those I was confident in? Hmmm... Still not sure about Kingofpain, but his excuse could be valid - it's a long shot, but it is possible...

I'm going to go ahead and start the vote on Vommack, and see what has happened when I am able to check this again (in about 12 hrs-ish)

Could someone please add my vote? Thanks :D

Vommack and flamebirde, please listen to me. I know you are goodies. I am asking you to please vote for kingofpain or panther. I am certain that they are baddies. Consider this: you know of your innocence. If i was a baddie, that means one of them is also a baddie. Why would I vote a baddie out, then? I implore you to trust me for the sake of the goodies.

I agree with vommack. KOP hasn't really given me a solid defense, just saying "Oh, that makes me look a lot like a baddie, but I assure you that I'm a goodie". That's not doing it for me. Vote: King of Pain.

EDIT: If we lynch a goodie today, it's all over. We can't redirect/block the NK, right?

Edited by flamebirde

Roster:

2. Panther - voting for Vommack
4. Kikacat123
6. Vommack - voting for Kingofpain
7. Kingofpain
8. Flamebirde - voting for Kingofpain

Bringing the roster back up to date.

Edited by flamebirde

Sorry Vommack, there was no particular reason - it was essentially a random vote. I didn't want to vote for kingofpain until we had discussed it more :P It was only to provoke discussion :)

Vommack and Flamebirde - I hope you have been paying attention and realise that trusting kikacat might not be your best option - from what I can see, kikacat and Kingofpain are baddies. I reckon kika is only turning against Kingofpain because he knows it's pretty obvious to us all that kop is a baddie, and voting for someone else might put him a bad light. Instead, he tries to turn us against each other, and is probably planning to use Klarion's vote switch to save Kingofpain again if we vote for him

I can't quote very well on my iPod, but kikacat said - If I (kikacat) were a baddie, why would I vote a baddie out?

My reply - because it makes you look better in the eyes of everyone else, and, as Klarion is clearly still alive, you can switch him out anyway.

I agree with flame and vommack, that kop is a baddie (I was leaning that way earlier, but I wasn't sure, hence my vote for vommack)

Could someone please change my vote to Kingofpain :) Thanks

Roster:

2. Panther - voting for Kingofpain
4. Kikacat123
6. Vommack - voting for Kingofpain

7. Kingofpain - voting for Kingofpain

8. Flamebirde - voting for Kingofpain

Please note that flamebirde has not given us a defense either (hasn't cleared anyone, hasn't provided any info other than hints that he is 'unlynchable' which fits Klarion). I would recommend lynching someone else since Klarion knows my role and can switch with any other role he is aware of (like killing Superboy off last night and making us really vulnerable in the night)

Please note that flamebirde has not given us a defense either (hasn't cleared anyone, hasn't provided any info other than hints that he is 'unlynchable' which fits Klarion). I would recommend lynching someone else since Klarion knows my role and can switch with any other role he is aware of (like killing Superboy off last night and making us really vulnerable in the night)

It fits Impulse just as well. If your only defense is "lynch the other guy!", I think this is just about wrapped up...