BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

The investment Game

BMAD

so here's how it works. let's say you own 40 stock. you want to sell. if more people want that stock than you have available the price goes up. good for you. if very few or no one wants it, the price goes down. bad for you. my personal recomondation is to diversify.

you win some stocks and lose others. in agragate you'll come out even, in the short term however you can expect to gain 2-5% of your investment. the key is to try to predict what you think everyone else wants. if you think everyone is going to want stock A in two turns, you want stock A in one, and then sell it on turn three, unless you expect more people to invest turn three.

This quick selling strategy, though effective, is often risky and very selfish.

buy 451 HOTY (ray Bradbury FTW!)

sell 491 HOTY

If I'm not allowed to do that, just skip the second step.

Are you sure that you want to? It costs 4.12 a share to buy Hoty and the market will only give you $1.00 per share you own so you will lose $3.12 per share.

Edited by BMAD

Maybe I missed something, but why is the market purchase price of HOTY still only $1.00? Surely it should have increased?

That is the way the simulation worked this time. either sell, trade with someone, or just wait and see what happens next time?

dangit. I just don't get the chart.

"Sale price" is the price you pay to buy a stock

"Market Purchase Price" is the price the market would pay to get the stock back

"projected sale price" is the price that the market is trending to become (the next sale price). However it is not guaranteed, completely dependent on the market remaining stable. This projection rarely happens so consider it a guide.

Edited by BMAD