BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

A rich man's son was kidnapped.

The ransom note told him to bring a valuable diamond to a phone booth in the middle of a public park.

Plainclothes police officers surrounded the park, intending to follow the criminal or his messenger.

The rich man arrived at the phone booth and followed instructions but the police were powerless to prevent the diamond from leaving the park and reaching the crafty villain.

How did the kidnaper get away with the valuable diamond?

15 answers to this question

A rich man's son was kidnapped.

The ransom note told him to bring a valuable diamond to a phone booth in the middle of a public park.

Plainclothes police officers surrounded the park, intending to follow the criminal or his messenger.

The rich man arrived at the phone booth and followed instructions but the police were powerless to prevent the diamond from leaving the park and reaching the crafty villain.

How did the kidnaper get away with the valuable diamond?

Can see a lot of answers going through this topic.

Insurance scam! Rich man kept it?

Nope give it little while longer and i'll post a spoiler, Well Change the phonebooth to bin and don't we have something very similar to that speed movie towards the end after the bus blows up. think from the crooks point of view knowing that he'd never be able to get near with all the police around

Nope give it little while longer and i'll post a spoiler, Well Change the phonebooth to bin and don't we have something very similar to that speed movie towards the end after the bus blows up. think from the crooks point of view knowing that he'd never be able to get near with all the police around

He tells the rich guy to deposit in the phone cable, and they pull the cable from outside? seems improbable, but worth a shot ...

Yeah ! Right . But my solution is also very much possible . Because the kidnapper need not come near the rendezvous point .

If it is a sort of a tunnel in which water is circulating back and forth by some mechanism or the tunnel is slanting it may as well reach the kidnapper's place . And to throw the police off the scent , he could have chosen a place nearby the rendezvous point. :P

Edited by grey cells

Hello all

Theres a bird actually a pigeon in a cage in the booth, the person places diamonds in bag and ties it around the pigeon and releases it into the air. The pigeon flys home to the robber :D

Correct pokeru right fisrt time stright out the gate. when i first heard this one it the answer took me by surprise but the elegance of the plan is in it's simplicity. the homing pigoen flies stright off and the kidnapper goes home to wait for a delvivery

why couldn't the cops follow the pigeon? how would this be different than following any other kind of messenger?

plus, i doubt they are expecting a pigeon..... thats... random.

:blush:

plus, i doubt they are expecting a pigeon..... thats... random.

:blush:

Random, ransom, roaming pigeon, dick dasterbly (if that's his name could not stop the Pigeon)

Apparently this is a true story in Taiwan - what have you got to loose, a diamond you never had?