Flustered and showed the way out
"Cut cut! From the old car scene"
Deliberately not vixen-like
Act out when gone off track
Piss off a little
Dry drinks don't exist
Slap out of order
Not a current measure of riducule

Each line describes with synonyms/short definitions, two different words and some kind of direction that one of the words should be subtracted from the other. The answer then remains with each of the ten fitting a general theme hinted at in the title. Like these: Somethings Fishy Here Parts Is Parts

20 answers to this question

Hogwash, so perhaps not - malarky - may = lark by DudleyDude

Left the pub with a prying concern - crowbar - bar = crow by Yoruichi-san

Flustered and showed the way out - ruffled - led = ruff by plasmid

"Cut cut! From the old car scene" - or - Cut off by that old heap - jalopy - lop = jay by DudleyDude

Deliberately not vixen-like - or - A leisurely albeit crafty withdrawal - slowly - sly = owl by Yuruicchi-san

Act out when gone off track - or - No heroic achievement has gone astray - derailed - deed = rail by DudleyDude - or - emulate - late = emu by RSN and Wilson

Piss off a little or Small but not wee - petite - pee = tìt by Yoruichi-san

Dry drinks don't exist - martinis - is = martin by Yoruichi-san

Slap out of order - pattern - pat = tern by Yoruichi-san

Not a current measure of riducule - lampoon - amp = loon by DudleyDude and Yoruichi-san

Thanks you two for knocking this one out. I just couldn't let it go unsolved thus the previous bump. Knew you guys would bail me out.

Don't know how to best use the Mark Solved feature with these multi-answer puzzles so have unabashedly linked here...

hey Y-san, dont think you're necessarily overthinking these. they are tough, imo. you got 8. save for a minor grammatical form issue. looking for another for 4. made a subtle edit to that one and will also say the last word doesnt help other than the read of the clue. and as DD elaborated, your hunch was correct. well done - thanks you two.

hello rsn - long time no riddle with!  have whined about this already but loosing my job and subsequently starting a business has greatly crimped my brainden time.  still check in at least daily but usually just briefly and often without even signing in.  also had to re-solve my own puzzle as it had been so long since last responses.  these are certainly tough as evidenced by the ones solved.  can see were you're coming from and could possibly qualify for an alternate answer but yeah, had a different train of thought.  may have to come up with hints (other than the one i just..) or edits or altogether alternate clues.  hope to see you soon 

Hogwash, so perhaps not - malarky - may = lark by DudleyDude

Left the pub with a prying concern - crowbar - bar = crow by Yoruichi-san

Flustered and showed the way out - ruffled - led = ruff by plasmid

"Cut cut! From the old car scene"

Deliberately not vixen-like

Act out when gone off track

Piss off a little

Dry drinks don't exist - martinis - is = martin by Yoruichi-san

Slap out of order - pattern - pat = tern by Yoruichi-san

Not a current measure of riducule - lampoon - amp = loon by DudleyDude and Yoruichi-san

Edited by plainglazed

Act out when gone off track. Emulate - late = emu?

Piss off a little. chaff + inch = chaffinch?

hey Wilson - that's the second vote on your first response above so a viable alternative for sure but still had something different in mind (as hinted at in last response). And as for your second - certainly not beyond me to throw in a homophone nor switch up the form but all of these are indeed a - b = answer within theme. Here's an alternate clue for that one - Small but not wee

Deliberately not vixen-like: sternly - sly = tern

yeah, no repeats this time but you're so close to mine, say half-right?

Well this one may have remained unfinished for good reason. Haven't had the time of late to compose anything new. So in the meantime and on the outside chance there could be any interest in finishing this one, have added rewritten lines for the four yet to be solved. Spoilered for any who don't want a second clue.

"Cut! Take it from the old car scene"

- or - Cut off by that old heap

Deliberately not vixen-like - or - A leisurely albeit crafty withdrawal

Act out when gone off track - or - No heroic achievement has gone astray

Piss off a little - or - Small but not wee

Hey PG .. Thanks for the credit.. This riddle was awesome as always am sorry to have missed some new ones of yours hoping to be able to login more regularly ... And as the saying goes whatever happens happens for the good so all the very best in your venture am sure you will excel in anything you do ...