• 0

The Adventure

Question

Posted · Report post

I hope that you like this one. You are going on an adventure. Your goal is to find the hidden city of Atlantis. The problem is, you have enough food and water for your journey, but the only other things you have are a 200 foot coil of nylon rope, a full box of matches, a knife, a backpack, a fold up tent, a long walking stick, and your wits. You will face many dangers as you travel. It is your job to avoid the dangers and decipher the clues that will lead you to the Lost City of Atlantis. The way this game is played is simple, but there are a few rules.

1. I will periodically give you a clue or an obstacle to solve or evade.

2. The story will only continue when someone solves the riddle or figures out how to get past the obstacle.

3. When you have an obstacle, you must get past it using only the items that have been given to you.

4. There are ten obstacles and ten clues. If you solve all of them, you win the game!

5. Everyone can work together to solve riddles or obstacles. Go teamwork!

Your first clue is this:

I have a bed but do not sleep, have a mouth but do not eat, have a bank but have no cash, have no legs but run quite fast. What am I?

There you are! Now, go and reach that city!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

158 answers to this question

  • 0

Posted · Report post

: )

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

Sap?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

FIRE!



Correct! You are trekking up the side of Mount Soonexplodey when suddenly you hear a terrible rumbling noise! The volcano is erupting! Luckily, you are clear of hot ash, but a swift-moving flow of lava is coming your way. You have several options of where to escape:

1. A nearby hot springs

2. Up a tree

3. Back into the cave

4. Into a stream

5. Toward the volcano

(also, explain why your place of refuge is the most logical)

Note: this is obstacle number four. Six more to go!

Fire can be found in a tree because the lava caused it to start burning.

Your mother gets FIRED up inside and starts yelling when you don't listen to her.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

Nope again.

Hint: what do all the orders have in common? Think of one exclamation that could sum them up.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

With a little bit of magical sleight-of-letter:

Behave / bee-hive

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

Correct! An enormous tree towers above you. Nestled in its branches is a buzzing beehive. But wait! Above the hive is a folded slip of paper. It is the next clue! Unfortunately, you cannot climb past the hive or wait for the wind to blow the paper down. How in the world will you reach the paper without getting stung by the bees? (Did I mention they were killer bees?)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

*turns into Human Torch* "Flame on!"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

*turns into Human Torch* "Flame on!"

I have a funny feeling that there is no way to take the easy way of this adventure by committing suicide via spontaneous human combustion.

Uses smoke from YSans self imposed effigy to calm the bees down

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

Close... But try a way without y-San bursting into flame.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

how about I start the end of my long walking stick on fire with my matches to make the bees drowsy with the smoke then get the hive onto the end of it and chuck it into the lava on that has now reached the edge of the creek? then climb up and grab the next clue.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

Correct! Riddle number six:

Try going to the HORSE

Where the ground is DEWEY

And look under the NOTES

For the SON IN the GUIDE man who will lead you to what you seek.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted (edited) · Report post

something a rolling stone gathers none of?

Anagrams aren't really my strong point, but it's cute ^_^

Edited by Yoruichi-san
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

Nope.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

If they are anagrams I'm not sure what Dewey makes other than Weedy. And the last three words are perplexing as well.


Something about going to the shore and looking under a stone for a sign perhaps?
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted (edited) · Report post

You have the shore, stone and weedy parts right, but the last anagram needs to be solved.

Hint: SON IN the GUIDE makes one long word with the letters switched around.

Edit: fill in the riddle with the new anagrams.

Edited by Kikacat123
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

If they are anagrams I'm not sure what Dewey makes other than Weedy. And the last three words are perplexing as well.

Something about going to the shore and looking under a stone for a sign perhaps?

...is indigenous

That's why I thought the answer was 'moss' (weedy, shore, indigenous, stone) , but I guess not...

...seaweed or kelp, maybe?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

Try substituting the anagrams for the LARGE words in the riddle.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

Makes me think of Nereus/Old Man of the Sea.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

Do you all remember why you are on this adventure in the first place? What are you seeking?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

*Goes to the shore where the ground is weedy*

*Looks around for a stone*

...

*Looks under the stone*

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

Do you all remember why you are on this adventure in the first place? What are you seeking?

Atlantis

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

So the indigenous man would be...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

...Aquaman?

:lol:

Crabs, crawfish...or like the god poseidon or sth?
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

Plato

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.