• 0

The Adventure

Question

Posted · Report post

I hope that you like this one. You are going on an adventure. Your goal is to find the hidden city of Atlantis. The problem is, you have enough food and water for your journey, but the only other things you have are a 200 foot coil of nylon rope, a full box of matches, a knife, a backpack, a fold up tent, a long walking stick, and your wits. You will face many dangers as you travel. It is your job to avoid the dangers and decipher the clues that will lead you to the Lost City of Atlantis. The way this game is played is simple, but there are a few rules.

1. I will periodically give you a clue or an obstacle to solve or evade.

2. The story will only continue when someone solves the riddle or figures out how to get past the obstacle.

3. When you have an obstacle, you must get past it using only the items that have been given to you.

4. There are ten obstacles and ten clues. If you solve all of them, you win the game!

5. Everyone can work together to solve riddles or obstacles. Go teamwork!

Your first clue is this:

I have a bed but do not sleep, have a mouth but do not eat, have a bank but have no cash, have no legs but run quite fast. What am I?

There you are! Now, go and reach that city!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

158 answers to this question

  • 0

Posted · Report post

use the long stick and some rabbit hide and create a makeshift torch, light it (with a match) and ward the cougar away ?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

That takes a while to do, especially if the match doesn't light the first time. The cougar might eat you by then. (Hint: you do not need to use any items for this obstacle)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

That takes a while to do, especially if the match doesn't light the first time. The cougar might eat you by then. (Hint: you do not need to use any items for this obstacle)

walk back out slowly

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

You have mistakenly gone into a cougar's lair! You are unable to sneak past the animal,

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

Sing a lullaby to the cougar... "Soft Kitty" would probably work :D

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

Sorry, I'm not sure that would work. Maybe on a baby cougar, though! : )

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

Jump in the pool of water from dripping stalactites..it is just nearby!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

Yell and that should scare the cougar away ...

or ..

go the the other end of the cave and find a second exit .. on the other side of the mountain...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

I'm a tough lady and I'm tired and not giving up my cave for the night! why not kill the cougar with my knife and use his hide for a blanket since I didn't think to bring one?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

That would work. Another answer was to act really large and intimidating, since cougars don't usually go for prey that fights back. Next riddle coming up soon!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

That would work. Another answer was to act really large and intimidating, since cougars don't usually go for prey that fights back. Next riddle coming up soon!

I was going to say "Seduce the cougar." And apparently the next riddle isn't coming up soon. =/

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted (edited) · Report post

Sorry for the long wait. Here is the next riddle: (it's an easy one)

Festering, simmering

Anger rising up

Watch out now

I'll blow my top.

Tremble and quake

For my rivers will chase you

Shiver and shake

From the earth I'll erase you.

Edited by Kikacat123
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

Volcano

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted (edited) · Report post

Correct! You are trekking up the side of Mount Soonexplodey when suddenly you hear a terrible rumbling noise! The volcano is erupting! Luckily, you are clear of hot ash, but a swift-moving flow of lava is coming your way. You have several options of where to escape:

1. A nearby hot springs

2. Up a tree

3. Back into the cave

4. Into a stream

5. Toward the volcano

(also, explain why your place of refuge is the most logical)

Note: this is obstacle number four. Six more to go!

Edited by Kikacat123
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

4. Into a stream.

The hot spring is heated by the magma, so it is proximal to danger

Trees burn.

Caves can get blocked by cooling lava

Toward the volcano means toward the lava. Lava isn't friendly.

The stream, if large enough, can slow (and sometimes stop) the flow of lava by cooling it to its freezing point.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

Yup!

Here is Riddle Number Five:

Pay attention!

Eat your vegetables!

Be nice to your sister and stop slouching!

Keep your elbows off the table!

Don't roll your eyes at me!

Look at me when I speak!

Stop chewing with your mouth open!

Don't interrupt!

Honestly, learn some manners!

One more thing!

The answer can be found in a tree!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

a mother monkey

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

Sorry, no.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

How about a human mother (found in your family tree)?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

Nope.

Hint: Do not think about who is giving the commands, think about the orders themselves.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

bark?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

No.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

child

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

Nuh-uh.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted · Report post

jedi_squirrels_41k.jpg

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.