BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

The Adventure

Kikacat123

Question

I hope that you like this one. You are going on an adventure. Your goal is to find the hidden city of Atlantis. The problem is, you have enough food and water for your journey, but the only other things you have are a 200 foot coil of nylon rope, a full box of matches, a knife, a backpack, a fold up tent, a long walking stick, and your wits. You will face many dangers as you travel. It is your job to avoid the dangers and decipher the clues that will lead you to the Lost City of Atlantis. The way this game is played is simple, but there are a few rules.

1. I will periodically give you a clue or an obstacle to solve or evade.

2. The story will only continue when someone solves the riddle or figures out how to get past the obstacle.

3. When you have an obstacle, you must get past it using only the items that have been given to you.

4. There are ten obstacles and ten clues. If you solve all of them, you win the game!

5. Everyone can work together to solve riddles or obstacles. Go teamwork!

Your first clue is this:

I have a bed but do not sleep, have a mouth but do not eat, have a bank but have no cash, have no legs but run quite fast. What am I?

There you are! Now, go and reach that city!

"Steve" asked me to follow him. Either he reasoned that it was expedient to go near the beast or meeting it was as much of a surprise to him as it was to me. I don't see the relevance of your question to the crime I am accused of, unless you have already acknowledged the shark presence and thus found me not guilty.

Yup! First obstacle- you have been told by the clue to go to a river. When you arrive there, you see a sign saying that you must cross the river to get to Atlantis. However, the river is filled with very hungry crocodiles. Here are some tips:

The river is three hundred feet wide and surrounded by prickly trees. The only animals to be found around are swift- moving rabbits on the banks. How do you cross the river?

Hint: there can be more than one answer.

To dyalDragon: yes, if you find out how to catch them and can find a use for them, you may catch the rabbits.

To plaingazed: sorry- poor choice of words on my part. I meant that there were prickly trees on both banks of the river. You can't walk around. Again, my apologies.

How tall are the prickly trees?

Depending on how tall the trees are vs. how deep the river is, you could use the knife to turn two of the thinner trees into prickly stilts. De-prickle the area where your feet connect and use each end of the rope to fasten each leg. The prickly-ness of the stilts should keep the crocodiles at bay. Once your on the other side, untie the rope and rewrap the ends back into the loop (or just stuff it willy nilly into the bag like X-mas lights).

1) Feed the crocodiles the rabbits after catching them

2) If it is still not considered safe to swim across make sure you have skinned the rabbits before feeding crocodiles. Then tie prickly trees together with your rope to make a raft, Use rabbit skins to make it more comfortable

Edit: rope not long enough for that

Edited by phaze

That is correct! You come across a large area of murky quicksand that stretches too far for you to go around it. There is no way for you to tell how deep it is, but your estimation of the distance to the safe land on the other side is 100 yards. There are only 2 trees that you can see, each with a height of 20 feet and a width of 2 feet. No animals are on the ground, but you can see many gigantic eagles soaring above you. How do you cross the quicksand?

EDIT: Be creative on this one!

Edited by Kikacat123

You approach a large cave filled with dripping stalactites. It has been a long day, and night is coming fast. You decide to sleep in the cave for the night. But just as you are settling down, an ominous growl emanates from the front of the cave entrance. You have mistakenly gone into a cougar's lair! You are unable to sneak past the animal, and it is not interested in your leftover rabbits or packed food. What do you do to escape/ward the cougar off?