BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers
BMAD

Which die would you choose?

Question

BMAD    62

Here are four interesting and famous dice. Here is the game we play with them: You can choose any die that you want, and then I will choose my die; we roll our dice and the higher number wins. Which die would you choose?

post-53485-0-15007200-1362539205_thumb.g

Edited by BMAD

5 answers to this question

nakulendu    2

For Every die I can choose there exists one which has a 66.67 : 33.33 chance to win. e.g. if Dice are named A,B,C,D in order then respectively for each the nemeses with the above mentioned odds are :

For A, it is D ; for B it is A ; for C it is B ; and for D it is C. So not much fair play in that. OF course I will take you on IF :
A. you choose your die first and I choose mine next.
B. I choose first and I prevent you from choosing one of the remaining 3. In that case I will choose C and stop you from taking B.

Debasis    0

it should be the 4 th dice (with five) here the explanation:most of the intuitive people will take the dice with 6 but we can see that the probability that 6 will come is 1/3 .....but in the 5 nubered dice there is a 1/2 cahnce that you will get 5.....extend this to all dices and you will get the answer...

Edited by Debasis

witzar    18

No matter which dice I choose, if my opponent chooses properly, he has the same edge on me. My chance to win would be 12/36=1/3.

Edited by witzar

k-man    26

I agree with nakulendu and witzar. Whoever chooses the die first loses 2 out of 3 times regardless of which die he shooses. The opponent has to make the right choice based on the first die chosen.