Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Meeting of the dragon minds

Question

Posted · Report post

Dragons have to meet for a brainstorm in a convention center. The delegates have to be selected to provide the maximum efficiency of the brainstorm session. A dragon has any amount of heads, and for any N, any amount of N-headed dragons is available if needed. The problem is that the size of the convention center is limited so no more than 1000 heads can fit into the assembly hall. The intellectual power of a dragon pack is the product of head numbers of dragons in the pack. How should an optimum pack look like (the total number of dragons, the head number distribution)?

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Dragons have to meet for a brainstorm in a convention center. The delegates have to be selected to provide the maximum efficiency of the brainstorm session. A dragon has any amount of heads, and for any N, any amount of N-headed dragons is available if needed. The problem is that the size of the convention center is limited so no more than 1000 heads can fit into the assembly hall. The intellectual power of a dragon pack is the product of head numbers of dragons in the pack. How should an optimum pack look like (the total number of dragons, the head number distribution)?

I'm getting the max of

333 three-headed dragons

1 one-headed dragon.

Intellectual power is 3^333

Posted · Report post

i got a bigger number

I'm getting the max of

333 three-headed dragons

1 one-headed dragon.

Posted · Report post

i got a bigger number

I'm getting the max of

333 three-headed dragons

1 one-headed dragon.

Ha, silly me

332 3-headed dragons

1 4-headed dragon

Intellectual power is 3^(332) * 4