BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

15 answers to this question

But killing more than 1/4 is also killing 1/4. Look at the other puzzle where it says a woman has 7 children, and half of them are boys. How is this possible? Because the other half is also boys. If i kill two people, is it incorrect for me to say "I've killed a man" No, because it is true. If you kill everyone except Noah's family, that is killing 1/4 of the population (and more).

If the OP had said "who killed exactly 1/4 of the population?" that would be a different story

But killing more than 1/4 is also killing 1/4. Look at the other puzzle where it says a woman has 7 children, and half of them are boys. How is this possible? Because the other half is also boys. If i kill two people, is it incorrect for me to say "I've killed a man" No, because it is true. If you kill everyone except Noah's family, that is killing 1/4 of the population (and more).

If the OP had said "who killed exactly 1/4 of the population?" that would be a different story

Killing more than 1/4 is not the same as killing 1/4. If I have 20 enemies and I kill 1/4, then I kill 5. If I kill 7, which is greater than 1/4 of 20, it is not the same.

Killing more than 1/4 is not the same as killing 1/4. If I have 20 enemies and I kill 1/4, then I kill 5. If I kill 7, which is greater than 1/4 of 20, it is not the same.

They are not the same, but it is not inaccurate to say you killed 1/4 of the enemy. like my example before, if I then asked you if you've killed a man, you would say yes. You're not lying, you have killed more than a man, but in English it is also true that you have killed a man, 1/10, 1/4 etc. of the enemy.

You would say "yes I've killed a man." not "No I haven't killed a man." Just because you've killed more than 1.

They are not the same, but it is not inaccurate to say you killed 1/4 of the enemy. like my example before, if I then asked you if you've killed a man, you would say yes. You're not lying, you have killed more than a man, but in English it is also true that you have killed a man, 1/10, 1/4 etc. of the enemy.

You would say "yes I've killed a man." not "No I haven't killed a man." Just because you've killed more than 1.

I know what you're saying, but apply it to this riddle. Does God really make sense for an answer to who killed 1/4 of mankind? If you say yes, I still say no :D

I say the same thing when you say Cain. Since Cain never existed, there is no answer to this problem. If we want to include biblical stories, then we can't leave out god killing people too. ;)

I say the same thing when you say Cain. Since Cain never existed, there is no answer to this problem. If we want to include biblical stories, then we can't leave out god killing people too. ;)

So you have a problem with fiction, but if I ask: 'who fought the windmill?' or: 'what is the name of the computer that went berserk in space?' or 'What does Alice eat to get bigger in Wonderland?'

These would all be answered using fictional names or things for questions asked about fictional stories. Yet they only have 1 generally acknowledged answer.

So you have a problem with fiction, but if I ask: 'who fought the windmill?' or: 'what is the name of the computer that went berserk in space?' or 'What does Alice eat to get bigger in Wonderland?'

These would all be answered using fictional names or things for questions asked about fictional stories. Yet they only have 1 generally acknowledged answer.

I don't have a problem with them. I'm just saying the question is very broad, and if we are going to include fiction, we can't pick and choose which parts of the bible apply.

If I asked you "what did alice eat in wonderland" obviously this is vague, and I can't say that only one answer is right.

Just like if you ask "Who killed 1/4 of mankind, my answer cannot be discounted solely because it is not what the OP was looking for.

I don't have a problem with them. I'm just saying the question is very broad, and if we are going to include fiction, we can't pick and choose which parts of the bible apply.

If I asked you "what did alice eat in wonderland" obviously this is vague, and I can't say that only one answer is right.

Just like if you ask "Who killed 1/4 of mankind, my answer cannot be discounted solely because it is not what the OP was looking for.

What did Alice eat to get bigger is not vague...

What did Alice eat to get bigger is not vague...

Sorry I didn't mean to imply that it was. I modified it to be what i thought, more similar to the OP.

The question "What did alice eat" is vague. And in my opinion, "Who killed 1/4 of mankind" is even vaguer.

Edited by Noct