BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

It Appears to be Over

Aaryan

Hey folks, sorry bout being MIA for a while, just kinda drifted off lol... but I'm back now, and this community is to awesome to be allowed to fade :D

Cheesy, I know, but I don't care :P Just let me know if I can do anything (other than what has already been posted above :P)

Edited by Panther

All great suggestions. So far I have found a good forum hook for awards, however, it does not include all the features you would want - see my comment http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/371926-download-hq-awards/?p=2359915

Have you seen any better forum hook/app?

I get the 'access denied' page for that link. :(

Agree with Flame's suggestions, also, for puzzle makers, you could have achievements based on # of hits, like 100 hits, 1000 hits, and/or number of replies, etc.

All great suggestions. So far I have found a good forum hook for awards, however, it does not include all the features you would want - see my comment http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/371926-download-hq-awards/?p=2359915

Have you seen any better forum hook/app?

I get the 'access denied' page for that link. :(

I do too. I'll promote BrainDen.com and the forums wherever I can. By the way, I just realized that Panther is a fox, at least his picture...

• 1 year later...

Okay some more ideas to increase activity:

Special events, like holiday events, contests and the like. I have no programming skills but I'd be happy to help with the creative portion ^_^.

More achievements...everyone loves achievements ;P! No, but 99% seriously, so many addictive games and whatnot have achievements b/c they themselves are somewhat addictive. Right now there is only the member title 'achievements', but I think there can be some more that can be added without challenging the core of what the place is about. Especially with the new ability to attribute solutions to a particular person, it shouldn't be too hard to add achievements associated with that: number of puzzles solved, etc. And adding achievements for puzzle makers too might be nice ;).

I'm back for the next two minutes at least. My journey on brain den began when I was trying to learn how to think. But I'm eighteen now (I STARTED HERE NOT EVEN A TEENAGER AND NOW IM AN ADULT WHAT?!) and with websites like lumosity and fit brains, people can now exercise their brain without having to rely on other people for answers and questions. Its the idea of having a better brain without having to debate or argue with other people. This site doesn't promise results and the others do. And in a world where everyone wants to get a year and be the best, I don't think people see an intelligent community as enticing as something that promises to make you better, the improved you.

I'm not sure how to present an argument of "we should" or "we shouldn't" do this or that. I think if we look at the sites that promise brain developments, we can see that they divide games into categories. They'll say how this game improved focus and that game improves memory and so on. If people can show that brain den can improve this or that section of the brain, we could attract those who seek to "improve their intelligence."

• 4 weeks later...