Try to figure this out

Question

Posted · Report post

A guy walks a mile south from his camp to collect some resources, when suddenly, HE WAS ATTACKED BY A BEAR!!!!! Quickly, he ran 1 mile west to get to safety. "Phew! That was close!", he thought. So he walked a mile north back to his camp.

Question:

What colour was the bear?

Think about it. He went 1 mile south, 1 mile west, and 1 mile north. Where on earth is it possible to do this? The north pole, of course!. Therefore the bear was a polar bear and was white.

4 answers to this question

Posted (edited) · Report post

Think about it. He went 1 mile south, 1 mile west, and 1 mile north. Where on earth is it possible to do this? The north pole, of course!. Therefore the bear was a polar bear and was white.

He didn't have to be at the North pole...there are infinite places he could have started (specifically any point 1+1/2pi miles from the south pole).

Of course, since there are no BEARS in that area, I guess the North pole is the only valid place that it could be since he in fact was being chased by a bear...

This question has can be seen here...

Edited by Pickett

Posted (edited) · Report post

Certainly the color of the bear is black, not white. Because he was not walking in the north pool where color of the bear is white.

Edited by bonanova
Remove commercial link.

Posted · Report post

I swear that I will someday take with me to the north pole a thousand brown bears prepared to survive the cold.

Posted · Report post

I love bear color riddles, so long as they aren't the same damn one.