mmiguel

Evil Genies

Question

I thought this might be fun, but maybe it will flop.

A person finds a magic lamp with an evil genie inside.

The person may ask for any wish to be granted.

The genie, spiteful for having to serve a pitiful little human with his phenomenal cosmic powers, wants to make his master regret every wish that is made.

Posters, assume the role of either the genie of the human.

Rules:

I. Both genie and human are powerless to change these rules

II. As the human , you should wish for something that most people would actually find desirable.

III. Everything the human explicitly wished for must come true, and all harm (physical, mental, psychological, ...etc) that the spiteful genie inflicts should ultimately derive from a creative interpretation of the wish (e.g. deliberately ignoring common implications in speech that are not explicitly stated, or taking things out of context, ...etc). E.g. it's cheating if a person wishes for a million dollars, and the genie gives him a million dollars and also dumps a bucket of lava on his head (lava has nothing to do with the wish). It's not cheating if a person wishes for eternal life, and the genie prevents them from ever dying, but allows their body to to continue to age and weaken normally forever into some grotesque shamble that doesn't even look human - in this case, the person's eventual regret derives from making the wish in the first place.

IV. The genie cannot control his master's mind. This may sound good for the master, but it prevents the genie from being able to grant wishes like: I wish to always be happy forever.

V. Off limits: Wishing for more wishes, wishing for multiple things in one wish. The wish should be one thing possibly followed by further clarifications that specify the one thing. Cannot undo wishes.

Challenge:

Humans: Find an uncorruptible wish.

Genies: Corrupt every wish

Let's see who wins!

Here's one to start with:

"I wish to be the most intelligent person ever"

Edited by mmiguel

338 answers to this question

Okay...? then I guess we just keep wishing and corrupting as usual?

@flamebirde I guess so, as one could speculate that all previous incorruptible wishes have been corrupted and that their incorruptible wish might the first (provided the 3 of ours have all been corrupted). They will never know if it was first for certain however.

I wish this topic was not over and continues

granted, it's not over but then brainden goes down.

I wish that this wish get granted whenever Brainden is up

Wow, after I typed the above post I tried to go back but google said "server not found".

Granted, but I was forced to ungrant your wish as the magic in the granting would have crashed the server forever.

I wish 1+1=3

Granted, but it's oblivion so you die

I wish the world doesn't end

granted, the exact same day keeps repeating itself forever, with everyone realizing it but not being able to change anything.

i wish i had better typing skills.

granted; I'm no one.

i wish to know the last digit of pi.

Granted: it's two. You will forever live in pain for having chosen such a stupid, pointless thing to wish for.

I wish my wish had unintended results.

Granted, however the corruption of your wish was intentional

I wish my wish had the result intended by me.

granted, your intention was to keep the game going, so it does.

i wish for 1 billion dollars to be legally acquired and deposited in my bank account.

Granted briefly, They quickly realised it was the wrong account and amended it. I hope, for your sake, you didn't spend any of it

I wish that Phil has difficulty reading the genie rules again. Especially rule IV.

granted, i now completely ignore all the genie rules, thus you die of a horrible psychological mental anguish over the period of several weeks; while i grant you more corrupted wishes and send you spiraling into hell.

i wish for everyone to have a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Granted, since you knew that your wish would be corrupted, therefore this is an intended result so the unintended result is that you had a intended result.

I wish that this wish had its intended result.

granted, but not intended by you, intended by me. So the wish kills you.

I wish i could never die, neither could my closest friends, and i don't get tortured forever. and my friends never end up hating me.

Granted, you are now all encased in carbonite.

I wish I could charge a significant amount of money for each wish granted

Edit:For those who do not know what Carbonite is http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Carbonite

Edited by phaze

Granted, but since mmiguel started this thread all the money goes to him.

I wish for nothing.

Granted. There's no air so you can't breathe.

I wish for an expensive car that does NOT fall out of the sky onto my head, simply appears in my garage, AND it is ready to drive, fuel and all, AND I don't crash it.

Granted, To make sure that it will not be stolen I have made sure that only you will be able to drive it

To make sure that you cannot crash it I have permanently revoked your drivers licence.

I wish that this would be preferable to you as opposed to seconds after appearing in your garage it is stolen and crashed by a joyrider (which incidentally would also be an acceptable granting of your wish)

Granted, it crashes into YOUR house and kills you.

I wish for a new phone with lots of memory.