BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Justice League UNLEASHED

Yoruichi-san

TheChad, voting is the goodies most powerful tool. Abstaining does not help and honestly it looks a bit suspicious. And d1 inactivity allows the baddies to choose to lay low and hide or to control the lynch.

The first day is a shot in the dark though, and I didn't think I'd be home in time to vote with any knowledge.

Since the timezones are different than I thought, I ended up having some time and could vote.

I do feel that as soon as the lynch starts heading towards a hero, the baddies jump in and make it that way though.

That's why I feel that the D1 lynches are usually a bad idea to join in on.

I only jumped in because I didn't want a baddie to cause a tie, suiciding themselves to take out 2 heros, especially 2 active ones.

The first day is a shot in the dark though, and I didn't think I'd be home in time to vote with any knowledge.

Since the timezones are different than I thought, I ended up having some time and could vote.

I do feel that as soon as the lynch starts heading towards a hero, the baddies jump in and make it that way though.

That's why I feel that the D1 lynches are usually a bad idea to join in on.

I only jumped in because I didn't want a baddie to cause a tie, suiciding themselves to take out 2 heros, especially 2 active ones.

Actually, the baddies could still have made that a tie, so your vote made no difference in that regard :P

Personal Host Note:

I sometimes answer questions with lengthy explanations. It's not to be annoying :P, it's b/c I'm an engineer and a scientist and I feel the most efficient way is to explain the principles behind certain game dynamics so that the answer to similar questions in the future is clear.

Oh, and Twoaday: That's awesome :D. I want to do one of those sometime in the future, but I need to practice swimming, which I haven't really done in like 15 years XP. You should show your mom the first line of my sig ;P.

A little over 3 hours remaining in the night!

A note about day 1 votes and also in response to yodel saying I kept copying Panther's vote:

Voting helps get info so rather than thinking of it as lynching someone, think of it as using your vote to get ppl to talk. You can always remove the vote later. If ppl don't vote, we never get info, and the day was wasted.

@Yodell - I copied Panthers vote because if we all vote for separate people, no one is pressured to speak and we get nowhere. For some reason I trust panther so I followed his votes in order to hear from someone. The tactic of abstaining or voting in a way that doesn't condemn anyone (e.g - voting someone who has no votes on them, so that you had no hand in the death of one of the two main contenders) is actually a known baddie tactic to avoid being blamed for the outcome of the lynch. A real goodie would help to get info not be paranoid about being framed as a baddie for participating in the day discussion. Abstaining helps nobody, unless it precipitates a no lynch. But even then, we should vote for info and then remove the votes later.

That's my 2 cents :P

A note about day 1 votes and also in response to yodel saying I kept copying Panther's vote:

Voting helps get info so rather than thinking of it as lynching someone, think of it as using your vote to get ppl to talk. You can always remove the vote later. If ppl don't vote, we never get info, and the day was wasted.

@Yodell - I copied Panthers vote because if we all vote for separate people, no one is pressured to speak and we get nowhere. For some reason I trust panther so I followed his votes in order to hear from someone. The tactic of abstaining or voting in a way that doesn't condemn anyone (e.g - voting someone who has no votes on them, so that you had no hand in the death of one of the two main contenders) is actually a known baddie tactic to avoid being blamed for the outcome of the lynch. A real goodie would help to get info not be paranoid about being framed as a baddie for participating in the day discussion. Abstaining helps nobody, unless it precipitates a no lynch. But even then, we should vote for info and then remove the votes later.

That's my 2 cents :P

You know, I never thought of it like that.

I didn't really think of D1 having much talking, but I guess that people do start talking when it is their neck on the line.

This looks like it is going to be a very hard Mafia since half the people seem to be MIA.

Night 2

Acting upon reports of a strange seismic disturbance, Green Lantern flew (or levitated, technically) to the spot in question, a deep canyon in New Mexico.

As he approached, he noticed the ground shaking. An earthquake? No...he realized as he paused and observed for a moment. The shaking was too regular, too rhythmic, as if someone were beating a drum...

Something metallic glinted in the sunlight. Furrowing his brows, Green Lantern carefully moved closer.

“Hawkgirl?” He said as he recognized the helmet and, of course, the wings. “What are you doing?”

“What does it look like?” she retorted and banged her nth metal mace on the ground once again, sending a shockwave through the nearby rock.

“It looks like you’re beating up the ground. What did it ever do to you?”

Hawkgirl turned and glared, not amused. “I went to all that effort to find Strange, and then I was pulled away to join Jon’s stupid team,” she grumbled, “and when I got back, he was gone again.” She banged the mace into the rock again. “I hate this stupid world.”

“I don’t think it likes you very much either, the way you’re treating it,” Lantern said. “Why don’t you try channeling that energy somewhere more useful? You apprehended criminals on Thanagar, didn’t you? There are plenty of criminals you could be apprehending here. Or are you afraid to fight something that will actually fight back?

Hawkgirl turned to him angrily and opened her mouth to quip back, but nothing came to her. She felt her face flushing, and turned so that he wouldn’t see it. “Fine,” she muttered, and turned and flew off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Framm sat on his porch, bathing in the warm red rays of the setting sun, sipping freshly squeezed lemonade. Ah...life was good.

He had left the old-school radio on in his kitchen, and the announcer was reporting news that a gorilla had escaped from the local zoo. Bad luck, he thought, oh well, that’s pretty far away, I doubt it’ll come here.

Suddenly he heard the sound of his front door slamming. Perplexed, as he lived alone, he drew himself out of his patio chair and went to investigate.

He found a large gorilla, seemingly poking at his computer.

“Bad luck indeed!” he exclaimed. He sidestepped carefully and picked up a banana from the fruit bowl on the counter. “Does ape-y want a banana?” He cooed.

The gorilla turned and glared at him. “Why, you inferior species...” Gorilla Grodd hissed. “I simply came in here to use your computer to check the Intelligent Ape Design message boards, but seeing as you’ve insulted me, you will have to pay.”

With that, Grodd grabbed Framm and threw him out the window, rendering him unconscious in the process.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Having been abandoned by her friends at the behest of some cute college boys, Marquessa wandered around the carnival grounds alone.

Growing annoyed of children’s cries for cotton candy, she withdrew from the hustle and bustle towards the old section of the carnival which had been closed down some years ago and was now deserted.

She came across the old funhouse, the door of which was swinging ajar on its rusty, creaking hinges. The paint on the clown’s head above the entrance was cracking and peeling, giving the clown’s face an impression of tears.

Suddenly, she thought she saw a shadow move inside. “Hello?” she called out tentatively. “Someone there?”

No response, but her curiosity got the better of her better judgement and she cautiously stepped inside.

She blinked, getting used to the darkness, and a thousand images of herself blinked back at her from the hall of mirrors. A moment later, she saw the shadow again. Determined now, she followed it.

Marq turned a corner, and the shadow rounded the far corner. She sped up and rounded the next corner, only to see it disappear past the next next corner. She broke into a run, closing in on it...she almost had it...just a little more...around a final corner...and...

A wave of something greasy came pouring down upon her as she tripped a string positioned around the turn. She stopped and made a face. Yuck...and it smelled, too...

“Aw,” the Joker said, giggling. “Looks like you’ve caught me!”

After catching her breath, Marq responded, “Who are you? Why are you here?” She coughed as the fumes from the substance flooded her throat. “Isn’t the clown show going on right now?” The smell, she recognized it now...it was like...what you put into a car...

The Joker laughed. “Why so serious?” He pulled out a matchbox from the pocket of his green and purple suit. “You should really lighten up!”

He lit the match, and proceeded to light Marquessa up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hirkala yawned as he turned off the lights of his laboratory in Los Alamos, locked up, and prepared to make his way home. It had been a late night of running various experiments that could change the course of human existence, or at least win him a Nobel prize, and he was dead tired.

As he tossed his briefcase into the back of his lime-green convertible, he felt a rush of wind on his cheek. He turned his face upwards and saw a winged figure flying towards him.

“Hi?” He said slowly. “Nice evening for a fly, no?”

Hawkgirl snarled. “That thing...what an eyesore.” She raised her mace, which began pulsing with electricity, and starting pounding furiously away at Hirk’s car.

“Hey!” Hirk protested. “What are you doing to my car?!”

Hawkgirl ignored him and continued scrapping the expensive automotive.

“Stop, now! By command of Green Arrow!” Hirk cried.

Green...suddenly, Hawkgirl saw red as she heard Lantern’s voice in her head. Abruptly she stopped pounding on Hirk’s car...and started pounding on him.

BrainIAC: Y-san

Roster:

1) Hirkala - DEAD [?] Killed by Hawkgirl

2) marquessa - DEAD [?] Killed by Villains

3) curr3nt

4) Molly Mae

5) Yodell

6) TheChad

7) Panther

8) Framm

9) MikeD

10) nana77

11) TwoaDay

12) jay

13) Flamebirde DEAD [?] Killed by Villains

14) Aura

15) benjer3

Day 2 is now! Ends tomorrow 10PM central time!

Roster:

3) curr3nt

4) Molly Mae

5) Yodell

6) TheChad

7) Panther

8) Framm - Molly Mae

9) MikeD

10) nana77

11) TwoaDay

12) jay

14) Aura

15) benjer3

Random among those that haven't spoken yet this game. Maybe they will show up now that it isn't the weekend?

Edit: Voting Color change

Edited by Framm 18

Roster:

3) curr3nt

4) Molly Mae

5) Yodell

6) TheChad

7) Panther

8) Framm - voting for Molly Mae

9) MikeD

10) nana77- voting for Molly Mae

11) TwoaDay

12) jay

14) Aura

15) benjer3

More pressure for the quiet Molly.

Roster:

3) curr3nt

4) Molly Mae

5) Yodell

6) TheChad

7) Panther

9) MikeD - voting for TwoaDay

11) TwoaDay

12) jay

14) Aura

15) benjer3

Sort of a random vote, becasue I missed day one. ;) But also because haven't heard much from him.

Roster:

3) curr3nt

4) Molly Mae

5) Yodell

6) TheChad - voting for Framm

7) Panther

11) TwoaDay

12) jay

14) Aura

15) benjer3

Half of me wants to vote for Molly to get her to talk, but I'm suspicious of Framm voting so early all the time. It allows him to put the pressure on others,

So, Framm... why are you always voting so early? You said you always do this, but it is definitely a great tactic for shifting focus to who you want.

Roster:

3) curr3nt

4) Molly Mae

5) Yodell

7) Panther

10) nana77- voting for TheChad

11) TwoaDay

12) jay

14) Aura

15) benjer3

The baddies had to have had at least one active member, so Yodell and TheChad from my list fit that. And TheChad has been dinging my radar with the nonvoting then when it looked like we might move votes off Hirk, the vote at the end out of fear of some suicide baddie tie. And now voting Framm for voting early, asking why even after acknowledging that question was already answered.

Roster:

3) curr3nt

4) Molly Mae

5) Yodell

7) Panther - voting for Jay

10) nana77- voting for TheChad